Lingering / Wandering Spirits & Mormon Experiences - Page 5 of 10

QUOTE If you want a page number look it up - Page 5 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 14th Dec, 2007 - 1:20am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (10) »
Mormon Spirits We started this Topic in the Exorcism thread so I thought in adding a new thread about spirits being attached to a person or experiences of similar nature from an LDS perspective.
31st Oct, 2007 - 10:20pm / Post ID: #

Lingering / Wandering Spirits & Mormon Experiences - Page 5

It is evident from the scriptures that there is a level of interaction with the dark side and those who did not keep their first estate, but I do not recall any meetings with those who already passed on from this life and somehow lingered? I would like referrences if possible.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 1st Nov, 2007 - 10:08am / Post ID: #

Lingering / Wandering Spirits & Mormon Experiences
A Friend

Experiences Mormon and Spirits Wandering Lingering

We know that the spirit world is here on this earth after all the earth is meant to be alive itself so in that case it has a spirit. If the spirit world is here then of course we will have now and again some kind of interaction with them. I recall I read somewhere that the founding fathers appeared to Wilfred Woodruff and asked him for there work to be done and that they had been waiting for it to be done. I would think that once we understand the law and nature of spirits and what governs them and we also reach a level of worthiness then we will as Joseph Smith had would live a life with one foot in this world and the other in the spirit world. I got most of this info from The teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith. He also states that one ignorance in this world was that man didnt understand the law and nature of spirits and what governs them.
We are spirits going through a mortal experience not mortals going through a spiritual experience. Because of this we need to try and remember our spirit life when we do so we will be schooled in learning more about them and ourselves. This is the nature of spirits then when we learn this we will begin to learn what governs them.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please use uppercase letters as appropriate. Check spelling.

1st Nov, 2007 - 5:26pm / Post ID: #

Lingering / Wandering Spirits & Mormon Experiences Studies Doctrine Mormon

If the spirit world is here then of course we will have now and again some kind of interaction with them.

And you got that based on which scriptural source? I want a page number or actual words instead of "I read somewhere...".

Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2007 - 7:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 5 Experiences Mormon and Spirits Wandering Lingering

Here's another experience with the spirits.

A former GF and I were walking through the church (it was my responsibility to lock it up at night). We got to the Relief Society Room I had just got done checking the windows when I started hearing two elderly people start talking about something. At first I thought I was the only one hearing them, then my gf asked what are they talking about. I yelled, "Church Security". The voices stopped. We looked at each other with some look of puzzlement.

3rd Dec, 2007 - 7:23pm / Post ID: #

Experiences Mormon and Spirits Wandering Lingering

spock.gif Why did you not listen and see if there was a message to be obtained?

Post Date: 4th Dec, 2007 - 10:16am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Mckay.
According to LDS documents the Founding Fathers of the United States appeared in the LDS St. George Temple and had their Temple work done. Jon Welsey, George Washington, Ben Franklin and Christopher Columbus where ordained "High Priests" in the LDS church.

Teachings of Ezra Taft Benson.
If you want a page number look it up yourself?

And if you do not believe that man cannot interact with spirits then try reading your scriptures I'm sure you will find many examples in there. Also read books written from modern day prophets as well, I'm not here to do that for you, do your own research I'm not sad enough to look up every detail for you.

"Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world" (I John 4:1)

Joseph Smith has alot to say if YOU look it up.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please learn how to use the Quote Tags here. See our Constructive Posting Policy.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 5th Dec, 2007 - 1:41am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Lingering / Wandering Spirits & Mormon Experiences - Page 5

To tell you the truth while her and I were quiet, neither one of us could make out what they were talking about, it was kind of mummbled. It would of been nice if we could of made out what they said. Knowing my luck, it was probably important. rolleyes.gif

14th Dec, 2007 - 1:20am / Post ID: #

Lingering / Wandering Spirits & Mormon Experiences Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 5

If you want a page number look it up yourself?

Usually it is normal that a page number in the very least is provided so that the person reading your words can look it up. Better yet you could present the quote as it saves time and effort. Can you imagine looking up every single statement that someone makes just to verify?

To tell you the truth while her and I were quiet, neither one of us could make out what they were talking about, it was kind of mummbled.

Next time, if there is a next time, remember the story of Eli.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (10) »

> TOPIC: Lingering / Wandering Spirits & Mormon Experiences

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,