Lingering / Wandering Spirits & Mormon Experiences - Page 6 of 10

I've noticed a lot of people are mentioning - Page 6 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 30th May, 2009 - 10:46pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 10 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Mormon Spirits We started this Topic in the Exorcism thread so I thought in adding a new thread about spirits being attached to a person or experiences of similar nature from an LDS perspective.
17th Sep, 2008 - 2:34am / Post ID: #

Lingering / Wandering Spirits & Mormon Experiences - Page 6

Occasionally I try to reflect on the spirits who linger, I also love to indulge in the experiences of near death where many claim to intermingle with the spirits. It is these thoughts that help me maintain sanity in an insane world blinded by "What shall we eat, what shall we drink?".

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Sep, 2008 - 4:17am / Post ID: #

Lingering / Wandering Spirits & Mormon Experiences
A Friend

Experiences Mormon and Spirits Wandering Lingering

I had a rather long message of my experiences on the matter and the computer stopped working, so I imagine that it is for the best.

These things do happen and they do exist. I think people should be very careful when they get into this kind of thing. I also think that a person shouldn't feel to special. They should be very careful.

If I get a messenger from god then it better be warm flesh and blood.

Post Date: 17th Sep, 2008 - 9:55am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Lingering / Wandering Spirits & Mormon Experiences Studies Doctrine Mormon

Just some questions on this subject, Why is the veil between spirits and children thin? I have heard that spirits manifest alot to children. Also Why do spirits still linger on earth? Don't they go to the spirit world to learn about the Gospel or return to heavenly father?

I'm pretty scared of spirits myself, I really don't want to see one, only if its a angel. I prayed to Heavenly Father once from my heart that he would never let the veil be thin and that I might not see them nor they harm, after that I had a really good feeling that Heavenly Father would do this. But I have felt really weird things before and used my priesthood to tell the spirits to depart.

I have had two experiences to come to mention of it. I have had two dreams which I have been tied up from evil spirits. In my dreams I was crying, screaming for help. I finally woke up, In my mind I wanted to speak but I couldn't. I felt like as the spirit had stopped me, after that I used my priesthood to make it depart from me. I have never been scared. But I believe that heavenly father didn't help me those two attacks is because he wanted to strengthen me and make me stronger than usual. This was really a scary experience because I'm 16 and I didn't thought it would happen to me.
Its been 3 years since I became a convert and its amazing with the heaps of the spiritual experiences that I have had. I would say that I have had more than most my Young Men in my branch.

Reconcile Edited: Lephisto on 17th Sep, 2008 - 10:14am

Post Date: 17th Sep, 2008 - 11:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 6 Experiences Mormon and Spirits Wandering Lingering

Just some questions on this subject, Why is the veil between spirits and children thin?

And old people to. I am not sure but I think it is because there bodies are weak. Try staying up for 3 days straight without eating and you may see what I mean.

Don't they go to the spirit world to learn about the Gospel or return to heavenly father?

The spirit world is here. Their world or dimension is a lot like ours is here. With good neighborhoods and bad neighborhoods. Churches and missionary work still go on, but probably on a larger scale. There is a prison part as well as a paradise part. There are many many spirits around you wether you see them or not. They are looking at you right now. Maybe 100s of them all around you. Right by your face maybe. laugh.gif

They have to accept the gospel and be baptized in order to go to the paradise part of the spirit world (baptism for the dead). We don't go back to the father till judgement day. Unless you are a resurrected being.

Someone might have to come and clean that up. I think that is all right.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Reconcile Edited: Quasar on 17th Sep, 2008 - 11:35pm

17th Dec, 2008 - 4:57pm / Post ID: #

Experiences Mormon and Spirits Wandering Lingering

I wish we could talk more about these kinds of things in church but whenever you mention it people start to give you strange looks as though we don't believe in ghosts.

Post Date: 19th Dec, 2008 - 12:08am / Post ID: #

A Friend

My Dad shares this story occasionally: My Grandfather and Grandmother had 8 children. Two died, one at a year old and one at 10 years old. My Grandpas family were being sealed in the temple and as they each knelt across the alter, they (those who's hands were on top,) felt Velina's and Stanley's (the 2 children's names) hands rest on top of theirs. I have felt the Spirits influence when hearing these stories, so I figure they are true. My Grandpa had these kind of experiences. Once he was visited by an angel while in the hospital recuperating from his 13th heart surgery. He was awake and alone before the angel appeared. He said the angel gave him a choice. He could stay in mortality to take care of his wife until she died, or leave then. He chose to stay with my Grandmother. She shortly thereafter was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease. He took care of her and then died 3 months after her. There is much more to these stories, but for the sake of space and finger cramping, I have cut them short.

Rest assured, the veil is thin with some people. I am not sure that you really have to be worthy to be visited by good spirits. Adam and Eve were visited by God and Christ in the Garden after committing transgression, albeit they were eventually driven out of the Garden.

I am leary about hearing that Jesus visited a so and so. Not that he does not do that, but I have heard quotes from prophets about people who relate stories about seeing Christ. No offense, but those stories may have very sacred implications not to be shared. My opinion only.

On the other side of the coin. I know it is possible. I don't think Jesus will ever appear to me, if he did, I believe it would be to testify of the Father or something.

I definitely would have asked some questions. :)

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
25th Jan, 2009 - 9:48pm / Post ID: #

Lingering / Wandering Spirits & Mormon Experiences - Page 6

Rest assured, the veil is thin with some people.

I have heard this being said before but why should it if we are under test. Seeing spirits would be an easy way to know the truth of the beyond, you wouldn't need faith.

Post Date: 30th May, 2009 - 10:46pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Lingering / Wandering Spirits & Mormon Experiences Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 6

I've noticed a lot of people are mentioning being visited by evil spirits just prior to sleep. I have done some studying on sleep(more specifically, lucid dreaming) and the experiences sound like 'Sleep Paralysis'.

You can read more about it here: Source 6

The parts which are similar are these:

'Sleep paralysis occurs when the brain awakes from a REM state, but the body paralysis persists. This leaves the person fully conscious, but unable to move. The paralysis can last from several seconds to several minutes "after which the individual may experience panic symptoms and the realization that the distorted perceptions were false"'

'In addition, the paralysis state may be accompanied by terrifying hallucinations (hypnopompic or hypnagogic) and an acute sense of danger. Sleep paralysis is particularly frightening to the individual due to the vividness of such hallucinations. The hallucinatory element to sleep paralysis makes it even more likely that someone will interpret the experience as a dream, since completely fanciful, or dream-like, objects may appear in the room alongside one's normal vision. Some scientists have proposed this condition as an explanation for alien abductions and ghostly encounters.'

I'm not dismissing the fact that evil spirits exist, but the experiences people have had prior to sleep are a lot more likely to be the effect of Sleep Paralysis.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please look at how we use the Quote Tags here. When you do not use these tags source material that is not your own may appear to be yours when it is not. See our Constructive Posting Policy.

+  « First of 10 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

> TOPIC: Lingering / Wandering Spirits & Mormon Experiences

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,