Lingering / Wandering Spirits & Mormon Experiences - Page 7 of 10

QUOTE (Spencer @ 10-Jun 09, 6:51 - Page 7 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 20th Nov, 2009 - 2:50am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 10 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Mormon Spirits We started this Topic in the Exorcism thread so I thought in adding a new thread about spirits being attached to a person or experiences of similar nature from an LDS perspective.
Post Date: 3rd Jun, 2009 - 2:09pm / Post ID: #

Lingering / Wandering Spirits & Mormon Experiences - Page 7

QUOTE (Nighthawk @ 26-Feb 04, 5:54 PM)
One night, several years ago, I woke up and felt like waves of something were crawling over me. It lasted for some time. I tried to cast out the evil spirit, it took about three tries. That is one of the reasons that I am very interested in the subject.

Name: Bryon

Comments: My wife and I had similar experiences a few years ago. Actually I had more experiences than I care to talk about. At any rate, after quite a while of having these experiences, we began to talk to our Priesthood leaders. My wife is from Canada and there is a general authority that lives in her home town. The advice he gave was good advice that helped tremendously. He said that we should not talk about the experiences when they happen, but just go about our day. There is an old saying when someone shows up just after you were speaking of them "speak of the devil". Now I know where this saying came from. The other advice was to have our family and extended family do a family fast that the experiences would cease. With a few exceptions, the experiences have ceased. We had them every night for a long time. This is all that I care to speak of this issue. I hope you will find this council wise.

Sponsored Links:
4th Jun, 2009 - 4:52pm / Post ID: #

Experiences Mormon and Spirits Wandering Lingering

Some of the experiences shared here seem to be a little on the psychological side, maybe too much stress?

Post Date: 10th Jun, 2009 - 10:51pm / Post ID: #

Lingering / Wandering Spirits & Mormon Experiences
A Friend

Lingering / Wandering Spirits & Mormon Experiences Studies Doctrine Mormon

QUOTE (McKay @ 1-Nov 07, 12:26 PM)
And you got that based on which scriptural source? I want a page number or actual words instead of "I read somewhere...".

The above was in reference to the Spirit World being here on earth, almost as a parallel dimension. Unfortunately, I can't find the reference right now, but both my Sunday School teacher and my Seminary teacher taught that it was right here as well, and I recall that I also read that somewhere. I will do some digging and see if I can come up with a reference.

29th Oct, 2009 - 7:30pm / Post ID: #

Page 7 Experiences Mormon and Spirits Wandering Lingering

Interesting topics. Most of the times I learn about spirits participating among us is in the temple. If we are thinking about the kind of ghosts that haunt or attach themselves to a certain place then I feel that just comes from mystery writers.

3rd Nov, 2009 - 8:01am / Post ID: #

Experiences Mormon and Spirits Wandering Lingering

There are two kinds of spirits that are on the earth. Those that followed Satan, and those who died but were the worst type of human being. I believe there are 7 levels of spirit dwellings, the lowest is here on earth in our Telestial Kingdom, present day earth.
I've been involved in searching for lost and missing persons, and those who have died in tragic circumstances are sometimes stuck right where they died. Auto accident, murder etc. I had always thought they would travel down the tunnel or a relative would be waiting for them to guide them but that's not always the case. And they need someone to guide them from this side of the veil, using the atonement of the savior and his love to show them its not their fault that they died and Jesus will make things right. And that seems to make the difference between feeling bad about what happened and releasing and giving those bad feelings to Jesus, and letting his love permeate their spirit. If you stop and think about it, that 1/3 of heaven that followed Satans plan, if they hadn't made that choice, there would only be one person to tempt all of us and test us. I don't think it would work very well. Just a thought.

Post Date: 20th Nov, 2009 - 2:00am / Post ID: #

Lingering / Wandering Spirits & Mormon Experiences

Name: Puni

Comments: This area is something my family deals with quite often. The Lord let me know thru a vision that my family and those connected to me were put together for a reason and given gifts. Thru these gifts we would do the Lords work and battle against evil.

Not long after being converted into the gospel - we met a couple whose wife had the gift of sight. She was not strong in the gospel although she had been brought up in the church; seemed dark and gothic like. She was conversing with angels that claimed to be her grandmother and the spirit of her children who weren't born yet. Later my husband and I learned they weren't angels but spirits appearing as angels of light. The scriptures testify that satan mixes truth with lies - and we soon found that to be true thru out the whole ordeal. She had let us know in the beginning that her grandmother had told her of a couple(us)before we actually met and that when she first saw us - she was told that we were the ones she was to "help." She was to help us strengthen our faith. Boy did she ever. We found ourselves dealing with attacks, possesions, lies mixed with truth, excorsim and sensitivity of good and bad spirits around us.

My brother who is very sensitive to these things and has always had a great fear from an experience he had at the age of nine - his gift like magnified but now there was "one" who claimed to my brother who works for satan - appearing to him all of a sudden and began to follow him around. My husband and I worked hard in having faith in God and knowing how to battle against "them".

As time went on - we found that she not only was trying to "help" us but also to my extended family. After cutting all ties to her - I later was given a revelation when I was visiting my father in Texas of this couple - after being prompted by the Holy Spirit to tell of this experience to another family - of who they were in the vision that I had before coming into the gospel.
In my vision - (we live in an apartment complex) my twins had run out the door and I had stepped out but was facing the doorway. I called to my children to get back in to the house and when they did I found two men standing at the end of the hall dressed in black suit and tie with white shirts. They were standing shoulder to shoulder and at first thought they were missionarys at first or elders of the church but something seemed strange about them for they had no expressions on their face and neither blinked. As I thought this to myself - they instantly rose a foot off the floor and started floating towards me. Instantly I knew they weren't good and I ran into my apartment while this voice in my head told me to run to the kitchen and grab the bottle of olive oil thats in the spice cupboard. I didn't even hesitate and just ran but while I'm heading to the kitchen I'm thinking to myself that I know I don't have a bottle of olive oil because I know I didn't buy any - but I ran anyways. When I got to the kitchen - I flung the cupboard door open and I started flying out spices of every kind looking but doubting that there was going to be a bottle of olive oil in there - when all of a sudden in the far right corner - there stood a bottle of olive oil. I grabbed that baby out and as I ran to the front - that same voice told me to spray the olive oil around the door and that would keep them coming in. So I did - I sprayed it a couple times and just as I did - these two persons floated to my door and then turned in the air facing towards my door way. I turned to my family and I yelled out for them to stay away from the door and when I turned back around my daughter was sitting right at the edge but inside of the doorway with her head bowed, hands clasped together and legs folded. As the one stood erect the other down on his knees, leaning low on his legs and was whispering to my daughter; they don't love you, we love you; they don't care for you, we care for you; come with us and we'll take care of you. When I saw that - I grabbed onto her collar and pulled her away from them and I yelled for them to stay away from her and stay away from my family! When I did that - the one that crouched low - sat up all of a sudden with a busted look on his face and poof they disappeard.

When I got to this part of my vision - the Lord revealed to me right at that moment that this couple was the two people in my vision. I was like totally blown away.

The black and white (they're from the church);something was strange about them - you just had to look real good; while they were around us - she got real close to my daughter and many times would cause my daughter to feel like we didn't care for her and love her. She would have conversations with her about things and tell my daughter not to let me know; at the same time when I would confront her about things she would switch the subject and tell me something cray that my daughter supposedly had told her;it got so bad one night after this going on for some time - I told her that I didnt want her to talk to my daughter anymore and then she disappeared around the corner. I had a bad feeling and noticed that my daughter wasn't where I could see her. I went around the corner and found my daughter in her car - with her sitting in the other seat-with her head bowed low and talking to my daughter. I was so furious and as I headed to her car - she popped up with a surprised and busted look on her face.

I recalled everything that happened and I was totally blown away when the Lord revealed it to me.

I feel that all that we have gone thru was meant to happen and that through these experiences was a way of our family being prepped for our purpose in life and future events that have and still yet to come our way. We have gone thru incredible trials and have gained a new and heightened level of faith to support our testimonies of coming thru the fire.

international QUOTE (Zech. 13: 9)
And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 20th Nov, 2009 - 2:48am / Post ID: #

Lingering / Wandering Spirits & Mormon Experiences - Page 7

international QUOTE (JoePublic @ 3-Jun 09, 10:09 AM)
Name: Bryon

Comments: My wife and I had similar experiences a few years ago. Actually I had more experiences than I care to talk about.

Name: Sam

Comments: This is true - when you talk about good things you invite the Holy Spirit. The same goes for the opposite side - when you speak of these things - you invite them too. Its like telling ghost stories or watching a spooky movie - same thing happens.

Post Date: 20th Nov, 2009 - 2:50am / Post ID: #

Lingering / Wandering Spirits & Mormon Experiences Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 7

international QUOTE (Spencer @ 10-Jun 09, 6:51 PM)
The above was in reference to the Spirit World being here on earth, almost as a parallel dimension.

Name: Puni

Comments: Look in the Doctrine and Covenant student manual under - Enrichment O-2 - Salvation for the Dead / World of Spirits

international QUOTE
"It is not beyond the sun, but is on this earth that was organized for the people that have lived and that do and will live upon it. . . .

"Where is the spirit world? It is right here. Do the good and evil spirits go together? Yes, they do. Do they both inhabit one kingdom? Yes, they do. Do they go to the sun? No. Do they go beyond the boundaries of the organized earth? No, they do not." (Discourses of Brigham Young, p. 376; italics added.)

Look it up and read it on-line. It explains everything for you to understand. After my brother passed away I searched for answers and found it. God Bless.

Source 1: D&C Student Manual

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: When quoting anything please use Quote tags. Rather than post under differing names, please Register.

+  « First of 10 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

> TOPIC: Lingering / Wandering Spirits & Mormon Experiences

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,