Lingering / Wandering Spirits & Mormon Experiences - Page 9 of 10

Name: Puni Comments: My daughter goes to seminary - Page 9 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 11th Mar, 2010 - 4:34am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 10 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 
Mormon Spirits We started this Topic in the Exorcism thread so I thought in adding a new thread about spirits being attached to a person or experiences of similar nature from an LDS perspective.
Post Date: 11th Feb, 2010 - 5:51pm / Post ID: #

Lingering / Wandering Spirits & Mormon Experiences
A Friend

Lingering / Wandering Spirits & Mormon Experiences - Page 9

SuzieSu, there was absolutely no way that this happened in a dream, because like I said I woke up after the first time it happened, and that was when I went to the top bunk. I didn't go back to sleep and then go to the top bunk.

Just the other night I had somewhat a similar experience. Crazy thing about this last time though is that it happened right after I received a bishop's blessing. Earlier that day I was on the internet and I was looking up things about my mom's past, trying to get a better understanding of the 'I Am society', just to fulfill my curiosity. Unfortunately, to my dismay, I could not find out much about my mom's foster parents. Only that they(the 'I Am Society') thought him to be a great spiritual man, and quoted some of his teachings.

Anyhow, so the other night after receiving a bishop's blessing, I went to sleep; and woke up 2 hours after I had went to sleep. When I woke up I could not breathe for the life of me. I was scared because this has never happened to me before. So, I was trying to breathe and I just could not do it. I practically had to force myself to breathe. As I was there gasping for air I couldn't help but notice that there was something, someone else there in the room with me. Anyways, needless to say, I will not be digging any further into my mom's past, unless directed to by the Spirit.

Sponsored Links:
14th Feb, 2010 - 2:13am / Post ID: #

Experiences Mormon and Spirits Wandering Lingering

That reminded me of Joseph's experience in the Sacred Grove.

I read a lot of these experiences and I can only guess that some people have a thinner veil around them. I have never experienced anything like this, I guess its just for a select few.

Post Date: 14th Feb, 2010 - 8:32am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Lingering / Wandering Spirits & Mormon Experiences Studies Doctrine Mormon

I have another experience I would like to share so that everyone can benefit from this. This happened to me not a while ago. It was in November last year. I live in New Zealand so this was time of the year where everyone gets ready for final exams. It was also my last year at school.

I was hanging out with a few of my friends around the senior common room. I somewhat pondered about my sins and troubles that day. I thought about them deeply, I was getting quite emotional because of my sins. I really felt godly sorrow and wanted to repent so badly. Anyway, I left school early because of these feelings. As I walked to my bus stop, I had a feeling that I needed to go and rest and felt somewhat weak.

I got home and I went to sleep. After two hours of sleep, I was attacked by a dark spirit. They were saying things that were very sadistic. They were saying that they would drag me to hell and awful things which I cannot remember at this time. It felt as like the spirit was trying to seize upon me, I felt his presence getting closer to me. As it got closer it grew more in comfortable. I quickly helled "In the name of Jesus Christ, Depart!" The dark spiritual force left me. Where I live, we have heaps of seagulls hanging around our house. Anyways, when this all happened I was unconscious. When I actually awoke, I heard the seagulls screeching like they have never had before. I knew that these seagulls were warning me that something was wrong or they sensed the dark spirit.

My brother was in the lounge and he also heard these screeches, he said they were amazingly loud and he heard me hell at the top of my lungs asking the spirit to depart. I was too afraid to go to sleep. But I did offer a prayer and asked for forgiveness and protection. I haveother experiences that I have posted before in this thread. When I offered my prayer, I heard a voice saying to me, that the reason I was attacked was because in exact words to me : "You are to be a great disturber in Satans kingdom", I was converted when I was 13. I am so thankful that I followed the spirits propmting to go to sleep. I was very tired after the ordeal of this event.

15th Feb, 2010 - 12:40am / Post ID: #

Page 9 Experiences Mormon and Spirits Wandering Lingering

As has been said earlier. This is a topic that must be treated with some sensitivity and openness. I have had various experiences with spiritual beings in a good way. We as LDS believe in the spiritual world and I believe that Brigham Young said (sorry, I don't have an exact quote but I can get it if you want it) that the Spirit world is all around us.
I personally believe that we interact with spiritual beings all the time. I think that our ancestors guide us and try to influence us, as do Satan and his host.

15th Feb, 2010 - 2:42am / Post ID: #

Experiences Mormon and Spirits Wandering Lingering

For me it's how do you know when the spirits of others are communicating with you?

15th Feb, 2010 - 5:01am / Post ID: #

That's a very good question Josh. I'll tell you that most of the experiences that I've had were in the temple. I knew that they were "the real deal" because the fruits of the Spirit were manifest. Outside of the temple, it was not as clear. Yes the Spirit was still present, but obviously not as strong because I wasn't on Holy Ground. I think that one way of knowing is by listening. I believe that communication with those on the other side of the veil occurs more frequently than any of us would ever imagine. Again, this is not doctrine, just my opinion.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 1st Mar, 2010 - 6:01am / Post ID: #

Lingering / Wandering Spirits & Mormon Experiences - Page 9

Name: Found

Comments: If you believe and can remove all doubt then you make yourself ready for the time appointed when the other side can communicate with you but you have to be listening. This world is like noise, you are unable to hear and see what matters

Post Date: 11th Mar, 2010 - 4:34am / Post ID: #

Lingering / Wandering Spirits & Mormon Experiences Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 9

Name: Puni

Comments: My daughter goes to seminary and a couple mornings ago she had told me that their topic was on the rising powers of the Priesthood. He had asked his students if there were any of them that ever had an encounter with a bad spirit. My daughter and another youth raised their hands. And then he proceeded to tell them of an encounter that he had experienced one Sunday while in church. It was after sacrament while everyone was in classes and he with other priesthood holders were in their class when all of a sudden they heard a womans screams coming from somewhere in the church. They all stood up as they heard more screaming and went out to find two priesthood holders attempting to try and take a woman who had been really unruly in church. She had refused to go. The two priesthood holders on either side were trying to get her out the door but they couldn't budge her. There were 5 big Samoan men plus this seminary teacher trying to do the same thing but couldn't get her out. It was like her strength was supersized so they hauled into a room where this seminary teacher along with the bishop and his 2nd counselor attempted to deliver her. The seminary teacher had said that when he saw her face contort and her eyes roll back into her head - he clamped his eyes shut and waited for the bishop to do something. The bishop had no clue what to do and in the middle of her tirade - ran into the office to grab the Bible and attempted to find a scripture to use. The seminary teacher couldn't believe that the bishop didn't know what to do and later wondered why is it that the church doesn't teach the Priesthood on delivering people from evil spirits when Jesus our Savior had to do it and even taught his apostles how to do it.

9 months later this woman was finally helped but it wasn't from someone in our gospel. How is that? Our Priesthood holders need to learn so that by the time they encounter something like this - they've been well prepared and it won't be so frightening for them.

+  « First of 10 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 

> TOPIC: Lingering / Wandering Spirits & Mormon Experiences

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,