Lingering / Wandering Spirits & Mormon Experiences - Page 2 of 10

This is an interesting topic! I have - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 26th Jun, 2005 - 6:10am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (10) »
Mormon Spirits We started this Topic in the Exorcism thread so I thought in adding a new thread about spirits being attached to a person or experiences of similar nature from an LDS perspective.
2nd Mar, 2004 - 7:40pm / Post ID: #

Lingering / Wandering Spirits & Mormon Experiences - Page 2

Ah, those are always such sweet, uplifting stories. Yes, we need to hear more of them. I have always loved to read about people's experiences in the Temple, doing genealogy, etc, wherein the veil becomes thin and the experiences are powerful.

Thank you.

NightHawk

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 3rd Mar, 2004 - 7:52pm / Post ID: #

Lingering / Wandering Spirits & Mormon Experiences
A Friend

Experiences Mormon and Spirits Wandering Lingering

I feel evil spirts several times per year. It is much as others have explained, a very dark feeling of something trying to take control of you. I first experienced this in the mission field more than 25 years ago. It always happens when I am in bed, just before sleep takes over. Not sure why this is when it always happens. But another thing I've noticed is that it generally happens at times when I am living more righeously. In other words, when I am closer to the Lord, reading scriptures, having FHE more faithfully is when this increases. There have been times when I have been lazy as to the things of the Gospel and have not experienced these moments so I can only conclude I am making some evil spirit mad.

On another note, my sister is very active in Geneology and had a dream one night. A woman appeared to her with a book and showed her it was empty. The woman told her she needed to get busy and complete the book. My sister was confused because she, along with other family members had done extensive work on both sides of the family. Somehow the impression came to her that she needed to follow a different ancestory line. My grandparents were divorced when my mother was very small and my grandparents both remairied. All the kids stayed with my grandfather and were adopted by his new wife, who we all called Grandma and who the kids were sealed to. She now realized the woman was instructing her to do work on both lines.

What makes this story more interesting is she never told anyone about this dream. One night, when a lot of extended family were together, my Aunt told us all of a dream she had. It was exactly the same as the dream my sister had down to every detail. Needless to say, work is being done as we speak.

3rd Mar, 2004 - 8:34pm / Post ID: #

Lingering / Wandering Spirits & Mormon Experiences Studies Doctrine Mormon

Wow, I'm very glad you all are sharing all these stories and I agree with Nighhawlk, it seems like in the Church we don't talk about these things anymore like the Brethren used to do it in the early days...
Anyhow, when I was very small my grandmother had a pre-heart attack and she was resting in bed, my uncle (her son) was in another room in the house. My grandmother told me that she saw the face of somebody in the corridor, it was an evil face she decribed but because she was sick, she could hardly talk and ask for help. My uncle who was in another room felt that something very wrong was going on, like if an evil spirit was in the home and he felt to run to his mother's room and then he also saw that evil face in the corridor. He said that as soon as he saw it, he strongly felt that was Satan himself. My grandmother was very afraid, at that time my uncle was having the missionaries over quiet often (although he never got baptized and he committed suicide almost 2 years ago). He told me that as soon as he saw that face, he kneel down and pray to Heavenly Father to make the spirit go away and as soon as he started praying, the face dissapeared and the spirit went away.

Another experience I have is personal, is very short. My uncle was renting an office in the city ( a very old building, beginning of 1900's) One day I went there to help him to clean up the office but I started feeling strange, everytime I used to go there I always had the impression somebody was watching me. My sister was cleaning with me and I was telling her about this when I see one of the doors open and behind it I saw an old man dressed in old times clothing and trying to sneak out to another room (he was walking like if he didn't want that nobody sees him). He was dressed like a German. It was a very short, I cannot remember the whole thing but I do remember telling my uncle about it (he was always very open about these things) and he found out with the landlord that the guy who used to own the building was a German guy, so I think I saw the same guy...why? for what purpose? I don't know.

9th Mar, 2004 - 10:07pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Experiences Mormon and Spirits Wandering Lingering

My experience with evil spirits has been similar to gaucho's. Always in bed. Always just as I am about to fall asleep. This used to happen to me a lot. It especially became a frequent occurance when I was just returning from my long period of inactivity. I remember commanding satan to leave me alone in the name of Jesus Christ, while in my bed experiencing this and it has never happened since.

Post Date: 29th Sep, 2004 - 10:42pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Experiences Mormon and Spirits Wandering Lingering

My experience with evil spirits has been similar to gaucho's. Always in bed. Always just as I am about to fall asleep.

This is usually a subject I keep to myself. When You are about to fall asleep your body gets tired and it leaves your spirit voulnurable. They are always there. You just notice them right before you go to bed or just wake up. Or maybe you are woken up. People that are living the commandments and obeying the word of wisdom are not as attached to this world, as people that corrupt there bodies. That is why people fast. To weaken the body, so that they can become more receptive to the spirit. Good and bad are all on the same frequency (spiritual). But I think that people that are doing good are afforded protection by the good spirits a lot of times. And the indication of this would be a worthy melk holder's ability to cast them out. Meth users (speed, stimulates) can stay up for days and they don't eat. Their bodies get weak and they see things and feel things. They are not afforded the protection of good spirits and a lot of times they are lead into devil worship. I believe that people that have a mission to do are serious targets. And I believe that people that are trying to get it together also draw a lot of attention to bad spirits. It should be taken as a good sign. That means the opposition is desperate. But they also crave the attention. They think they got gipped for not getting a body. It can be seen in their motive to posess other peoples bodies. They were cast out, they are unhappy, and bitterly driven to destroy everything that god has created. And they all have different gifts and abilities like us, along with all of the knowledge they attained threw muliniums of study (no veil).

There are many different categories that their abilities and drive put them in. For example: an evil spirit's ability to shut a door may have meant he was a physics major in the pre-existence.

When some people go to sleep they get the feeling that they cant move. This could be explained by evil spirits trying to pull that person out. Like vultures on a carcass. If one is spiritual enough they can offer deals as a last effort. Super-human strength, knowledge, money, power etc. The old saying of making a deal with the devil is very real. But they don't have any real power to speak of unless you grant them your birth right (body and soul). They are nothing and they should be treated as such. The church probably doesn't delve to much into it because of opposition the church already has in such areas.

And they are attracted to the light of christ. They need it to survive. Temples, churches, people, truth, but not too much. Too much and they are driven away. The only thing that I can theorize on how to discribe it. If all the food on earth had thorns in it. Would you eat it? It might be painful going down your throat, but you would have to to exist. That might explain their complete bitterness and hatred towards people who fallowed christ's plan. Good ones give and bad ones drain you. And they try to scare you with their sight and the feelings of frustration and hatred that they give off. Like angry dogs trying to take down a lion by barking at him. But I wouldn't really know that is all just a theory.

Post Date: 22nd Mar, 2005 - 4:28pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

There is an experiance that me and a friend shared together, I usually only talk about with a select few. But I feel I can trust everyone here.

A few years ago I was sitting in my parents living room when I got a call from an aunt requesting that my friend and I come to her apartment. So I called my friend and told him to come dressed in his sunday bests. When we got to the apartment my friend suggested we have a quick prayer, so we did. Then we went up stairs to her apartment. When we walked in it was like walking into a wall of hatred and evil. I felt extremely uncomfortable. As soon as I gained my composure, I looked around the room there was my aunt and cousin, and her Home Teachers. She explained that she felt an evil presence in her home so she was going to have a blessing put on the home and on her and her son.

When I knelt down my aunt passed me and I felt fine. Then when my cousin passed me I felt uncomfortable again I wasn't the only one my friend felt it too. The when it came time to bless the house we all bowed our heads and the Home Teachers began to bless the house. My friend opened his eyes at the end and he said that the room was full of heavenly hosts with their swords drawn. I was getting ready to leave when my aunt asked me to stay the night. She explained that even with the priesthood blessing on the apartment she would feel safer if I were to stay the night. Let me add this little thing in. I have had long nights before but I had never experianced this long of a night. I slept in my cousins room and on his bed. I retired early and during the night I had a evil spirit attack me, I witnessed the whole thing in a dream, despite the fact that I was a priest in the Aaronic priesthood at the time some how I was able to defeat him.

The next day I felt absolutly exhausted, I couldn't get the energy up to do nothing, that night the same evil spirit attacked me again. Knowing that I was drained from the first battle he had an upper hand, I was about to lose my very life when a light came down from the heavens and a man appeared, and told the spirit to leave this boy alone and to never bother me again, the look on the spirits face was one of fear of this Man. After he left the Man had put his down to help me up when I touched his hand I felt energy return to my spirit. I looked closer at the man, I recognized him. It was Jesus Christ himself. He gave me some advice that I can't remember for a good reason more than likely. When I woke up I felt completely rested both body and spirit. That day my friend from a couple of days ago came over and I told him of the experiance, he said do you want to know who it was that attacked you, I was curious. He said that it was Cain. From that day on I have thought over and over again the events that had taken place I still don't know why I would be the focus of such an attack from the first Son of Perdition and receive help from the Son of Man.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
25th Apr, 2005 - 3:50am / Post ID: #

Lingering / Wandering Spirits & Mormon Experiences - Page 2

I wanted to share an expierience I had in the hospital after I gave birth to my twins by c-section. I was bleeding to death after the c-section internally and it took the doctors a week before they could stop it, by then I had kidney failure, liver failure, aids-related pnemonia, even though I dont have aids the doctors could not figure out how I had it and I had 20 units of blood and 8 plasma transfusions but through it all I knew I would survive even though the doctors gave my family no hope, I knew God wanted me here to raise my 4 children. I started to recover and was moved out of ICU into a regular room one night and as I was starting to fall asleep I saw a dark evil spirit enter my room and come over and jumped on my bed and on me, I awoke right away more terrified than I had ever been in my entire life, my first reaction was to ignore it and go back to sleep but when I closed my eyes he was still there, I was terrified and turned the light on, I started to pray and I felt strongly impressed to get the holy bible out of the drawer and read and pray. I was afraid the nurses would think I was nuts having the light on but when she came in I told I just felt like reading, as I prayed and read the bible the black spirit went away, I will never forget that terror I felt and how real it was, I believe the Lord protected me and to this day blesses me.

Post Date: 26th Jun, 2005 - 6:10am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Lingering / Wandering Spirits & Mormon Experiences Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 2

This is an interesting topic! I have had many experiences with evil spirits! It is very scary! Reading all these posts is giving me the heeby-jeebies! Many of these times have occurred, as other have said, when I was about to fall asleep. Feeling like something is pinning you down, can breath, move or speak. It takes A WHOLE lot of effort to move. I had one experience where I was working a sleep night shift at a group home. I had never done it before and was just going to sleep on the couch. Anyway I "Felt" (I really was just laying there) Like I was flung into a sitting positions and then saw a bunch of scary stuff that is too disturbing to me to talk about ! I never worked another night shift there again! That experience makes me a little leary of sleeping at places (my in-laws are the prime example) where the home has not been blessed.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (10) »

> TOPIC: Lingering / Wandering Spirits & Mormon Experiences

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,