Move Back In With Your Parents?

Move Parents - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 13th May, 2006 - 11:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

25th Apr, 2004 - 2:46am / Post ID: #

Current culture in USAmerica tends toward children moving out of the parents' home and on their own at the age of majority, or when they graduate college, or when they get married. So most of us, from early on, learn that we will leave and even look forward to "moving out."

For those of us who have done so and been out on our own for a long time -- do you think you could move back in with your parents? Could you tolerate it? Could they?? Do you think, if it were necessary, that you could make it work?

Roz

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 25th Apr, 2004 - 4:09pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Parents Your In Move

When I first read this I felt that it didn't pertain to me. My father died in 1972 and my mother in 1988. The last they were together I was 20. Plus I don't have children. But I kept thinking about it and tried to put myself in FarSeer's place. Having a six year old child, being single and having my parents alive, now- today.

I believe I would be able to do it. I know my parents wouldn't hesitate to open their doors ~ both doors, i.e. home and heart ~ to me and any child/children I had. The hesitation would be on my part. Giving up my so-called freedom and independence.

Yet, to take care of them, to have my child really get to know Grandpa and Grandma ~ up close and personal. To have them take care of me too. I am trying to think of possible negative things along the line of FarSeer's -TV for instance.

We only had the TV to watch news, so that wouldn't be an issue I think. I think what would be an issue is food. Mom would be feeding us all 5 to 6 meals a day if she could get away with it. Baking cakes, pies, making candy, etc.

My maternal Grandmother lived with us for as long as I can remember. She wasn't that easy to live with, yet after all is said and done, I wouldn't trade the life experiences I have had with Grandma for anything else in the world.

For those of us who have done so and been out on our own for a long time -- do you think you could move back in with your parents?Yes Could you tolerate it?Yes Could they??I think so Do you think, if it were necessary, that you could make it work?Yes, yes, yes

13th May, 2006 - 4:37pm / Post ID: #

Move Back In With Your Parents? Health & Special Psychology

I could not move back in with my parents,I know it would drive me absolutely mad, it probably would them too laugh.gif

I haven't lived at home for over 18 years, and I think that you get to a stage where you change, you become your own person, and you are no longer 'the child' that your parents raised!

I love my parents to bits, but you get to a stage where you know it just wouldn't work out if you went back. (for me at least)

13th May, 2006 - 8:43pm / Post ID: #

Parents Your In Move

I was 17 when I first moved out of my parents house. I couldn't imagine at that time ever moving back in with them. Just a few years ago I was living hours away from my parents and due to a large increase in heart problems that my dad was having I made the choice to move back so that I would be closer for my mom and baby sister. When I initially moved back to town I was not able to find anything within my budget to rent due to the fact that I was already having to pay most of their bills as my fathers disability had not yet been approved. I moved back in this them in February and stayed there until mid summer. This was not an easy thing to do as I was no longer familiar with having other people in the house. I stayed on the couch which game me little to no privacy. It was not easy for me nor my parents but I believe that everything was made easier the longer I was there. I actually became much closer to both of my parents as I had grown apart from them over the years.

Post Date: 13th May, 2006 - 11:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Parents Your In Move

I was sixteen when I moved out, just after graduation. I had to move back in for a couple months after I got married, but then never again. I was nineteen when I moved back in and it just didn't work. For the sake of my relationship with my parents, I had to find my own place. I think after you move out, it is much harder to move back in under someone elses roof, under their rules.

> TOPIC: Move Back In With Your Parents?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,