Medication To Cure Autism

Medication Cure Autism - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 19th Oct, 2016 - 4:03pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 19th Jun, 2011 - 4:24am / Post ID: #

Autism Related Issues

Name: Heta

Comments: Is there a medicine that can cure autism or at least me the person a bit normal while they're on the medication?

Sponsored Links:
1st Nov, 2011 - 11:22pm / Post ID: #

Autism Cure Medication

No, I don't believe that there is any medication out there yet that reaches the result of curing Autism, but I do think that one day they may get it under control to a better degree than anything that's on the market at present.

Our Daughter has been prescribed with the medication " Risperidone" for her Autism, this mainly settles down the aggressive temperament of the Autism, but it's pretty hit and miss, as in that you are given a minimum dosage to give, and a maximum dosage that you can give, and you have to try and get the balance right.

I believe that it also has a reputation for making the child put weight on, so we've had to get her into plenty of sports activities for Autistic kids.

Although very rare, it can also have nasty side effects such as spasms to the body where the whole body goes into spasm.

She's only just going on to this medication, so we're hoping it will work without having any bad effects.

Post Date: 27th Feb, 2012 - 2:05pm / Post ID: #

Medication To Cure Autism Health & Special Psychology

Name: Chase

Comments: There will probably not be a medication to cure it but to stabilize it. Whatever chemical might be missing or is too dominant can be stabilized. I'm also for seeing better preventative measures... Perhaps a test that lets you know if your children might likely be autistic.

15th Jul, 2012 - 6:01pm / Post ID: #

Autism Cure Medication

It will be good if there was a cure all pill for Autism but one thing I have found from research is a lot of Autism theorist claim that detoxifying the body of metals and poisons is the beginning of having the child return to a 'normal' behavior. They suggest that the reason the child is autistic is because their bodies cannot get rid of these poisons / metals as other people do thus it affects their minds. Of course they prescribe some tablets claiming it remedies the elimination process with herbs and a diet to flush the system but I have never tried any of these as the method is not available in my country.

Post Date: 13th Oct, 2012 - 1:07am / Post ID: #

Autism Cure Medication

Name: Auxarcs

Title: Autism medication

Comments: At this time there are no cures for autism. There isn't even a consensus on what really causes it. There are many theories and MY theory is that all of them are right to an extent. Until we know for sure the cause it will be difficult to create a cure. All we can do is treat the behaviors and symptoms and try to help them live as functional a life as possible.

Post Date: 12th Jan, 2013 - 9:29pm / Post ID: #

Name: Alicia

Title: Autism and medication

Comments: I also have the same experience. My daughter is on Risperidone for about 3 months and we have noticed the increased appetite and the weight gain. Sadly her school does not have physical education so we the parents have to provide that. On weekends I do not really give her and she does alright.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 19th Oct, 2016 - 1:07pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Medication Cure Autism

Folinic acid could help children with autism communicate better

Prescription doses of folinic acid, which is a reduced form of a B vitamin known as folate, could help improve the language and communication skills of children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD). These are the preliminary findings from a placebo-controlled trial in which children were randomized to receive either high-dose folinic acid or a placebo. Ref. Source 3x.

19th Oct, 2016 - 4:03pm / Post ID: #

Medication Cure Autism Psychology Special & Health

That's an interesting study. Its easy to see how some children on the spectrum can benefit from this because their diets are very limited. I've also read good things about ensuring Omega-3s are in the diet.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Medication To Cure Autism

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,