The Price Of Oil - Page 14 of 81

You know that is a good point. The people - Page 14 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 28th May, 2007 - 2:25pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 81 pgs.  10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18  ...Latest (81) »

?
Poll: Of the following which ONE word best describes why the price of oil is going up so high...
  Greed       43.40%
  Arabs       11.32%
  Bush / Obama       3.77%
  Venezuela       1.89%
  Opec       11.32%
  Europe       5.66%
  Inflation       13.21%
  Poverty       0.00%
  Technology       1.89%
  China       1.89%
  USA       5.66%
Total Votes: 53
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Oil Prices Gas Prices Go Up and Up and Up - Global Fuel - A lot of North Americans complain about the high price of Gasoline, but did you know that North Americans pay less than many other developed nations for Oil and Gas?
Post Date: 10th May, 2007 - 10:32am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

The Price Of Oil - Page 14

4 GAS-SAVING MYTHS

Using a special additive or cutting off your A/C won't really cut your gasoline consumption. But myths like these run rampant in the minds of American drivers.
Ref. https://money.cnn.com/2007/05/09/pf/gas_myths/index.htm

Sponsored Links:
17th May, 2007 - 4:37pm / Post ID: #
Behind high gas prices: The refinery crunch
When gasoline prices surge, a lack of refining capacity is often blamed. What's being done, and is it enough?
By Steve Hargreaves, CNNMoney.com staff writer
April 17 2007: 3:43 PM EDT

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- It's the same story every year.

Each spring, just before the summer driving season, gasoline prices skyrocket. And every year, these four words appear in news reports nationwide as a big reason for the runup: "lack of refining capacity."

Then experts call for more refineries, politicians pledge to make the dirty behemoths easier to build, but guess what? Nothing really happens. Next year, repeat story.

So why hasn't a new refinery been built in the U.S. since 1976?

......In 1995 American drivers burned about 17 million more gallons of gasoline a day than the country produced, according to the government's Energy Information Administration. The difference was made up for by imports.

By 2005, the latest figures available, the gap had widened considerably to about 36 million.

Obviously, refining capacity has been a problem for a long, long time, and I think I've mentioned it before in this thread. Here is where it gets interesting: the oil bigwigs may not be building refineries in the U.S., but looks like U.S. money may be involved in refineries overseas.

Overseas expansion is moving even more quickly, with $300 billion slated for refining projects over the next 20 years in places like India, the Caribbean, Mexico, the Middle East, Africa, and the Asia-Pacific region.

"I think there'll be a concern that the world added too much capacity and refining will go in the dumpster again," said Kloza.

Much of the international capacity will feed surging demand in the developed world. But some will also supply the United States and Europe.

"Partly what's going on here is part of a broader trend in manufacturing, and that is the movement of it offshore," said AAA's Sundstrom. "With it go environmental issues, tax structure, legal liabilities."

So, since they can't build in the U.S. because of environment, tax, and legal issues, they're going overseas where they don't have to deal with those things! That's a real confidence builder in corporate maneuvering.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Post Date: 19th May, 2007 - 1:15am / Post ID: #

The Price Of Oil History & Civil Business Politics

WHY GASOLINE PRICES ARE RISING WHILE OIL ISN'T

Last summer when oil traded at a record high near $79 a barrel, gas at the pump went for about $3.03 a gallon. Today, crude's about $65 a barrel and a gallon of regular unleaded costs $3.10
Ref. https://money.cnn.com/2007/05/16/news/econo...arrel/index.htm

Post Date: 21st May, 2007 - 8:48pm / Post ID: #

Page 14 Oil Price The

Breaking News ABCNEWS.com:

PRICE OF GASOLINE JUMPS TO $3.22 A GALLON, MATCHING THE MARCH 1981 INFLATION-ADJUSTED ALL-TIME HIGH PRICE FOR GASOLINE IN THE UNITED STATES.

22nd May, 2007 - 4:19pm / Post ID: #

Oil Price The

Sorry little late getting on this one. In Southern Ontario we are at $1.10. per liter so $4.40 an American gallon.

Cost me 78 to 87 to fill my truck. I do not find this nice as we have be lucky in low petrol costs till now. I was pay 89 cents per liter in 1987! My wages then were minimal at $10 now I am around $30 so I see the price of gas cheaper then ever. Yes supplies are dwindling faster then originally predicted I remember hearing the price pinnacle will hit in 30 year ball park. I say Thank goodness! Perhaps city will put public transit in place and even some bus line for those in remote areas. Even more perhaps finally the big car companies will release technology they have been sitting on for 40 years. Vehicles should be consuming 300% less then what they do!

My true hope is the push on valid technologies such as solar and wind. Making a car that runs on water is easy easy enough but how would you feel paying $10.00 for a glass of water to drink as it was all being consumed by cars.

I grew up in a very rural area and driving is a must in those places. So yes the cost of commuting must stay in line. Canada like the States has vast distances between towns let alone a major Urban area.

Solution pump the oil keep prices at a level that does not reduce the stadard of living for the population and at the same time put valid technologies to work in our gas engines till greener solutions are made and get the oil barons out of the auto industries!

Here is classic example my Uncle has a news paper clipping from when this car was announced. I have no doubts on the claim though I have never actually looked up the patent on the item.

https://www.incredible-secrets.com/secrets-...carburetor.html

I was in public school my friends father was driving a chev Malibu that was getting 68 miles to the gallon. The carb was acting funny so his father fixed it as he could not afford a mechanic. Result was this amazing mileage. He called GM in Toronto to sell the idea to them and they responded by showing up that same week with a 250,000 check (in 1978). He sign a paper saying hew would not remake a carb like this and that GM had sole rights to it. Once signed they took a sledge hammer and demolished the carb on the driveway prior leaving. Yes our automakers are real interested in gas saving cars.

So ask yourself again what/who is driving the price?

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

Post Date: 26th May, 2007 - 1:30pm / Post ID: #

The Price Of Oil

FED UP STATION OWNER SHUTS OFF GAS PUMPS

Motorists pulled in to Harvey Pollack's gas station, honked and gave him a
thumbs-up -- because he wasn't selling any fuel.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2007/US/05/25/gasprice....t.ap/index.html

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
28th May, 2007 - 12:53pm / Post ID: #

The Price Oil - Page 14

Nice to see the stations protesting here I think they would be to scared, as the refineries own too many of them. Independents could.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

I also would encourage all those out there get on public transit when possible or even start biking I have. Though my reasons lie more around the waist. rolleyes.gif

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

28th May, 2007 - 2:25pm / Post ID: #

The Price Oil Politics Business Civil & History - Page 14

You know that is a good point. The people selling the gas are also the ones who own the gas pumping services centers. This must be all planned long ago that way hey could keep prices high without having to worry about sellers refusing to sell customers their product. Monopolists are real evils to mankind.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

> TOPIC: The Price Of Oil

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,