The Price Of Oil - Page 5 of 81

My second job entails driving gas guzzling - Page 5 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 10th Jun, 2004 - 7:44pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (81) »

?
Poll: Of the following which ONE word best describes why the price of oil is going up so high...
  Greed       43.40%
  Arabs       11.32%
  Bush / Obama       3.77%
  Venezuela       1.89%
  Opec       11.32%
  Europe       5.66%
  Inflation       13.21%
  Poverty       0.00%
  Technology       1.89%
  China       1.89%
  USA       5.66%
Total Votes: 53
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Oil Prices Gas Prices Go Up and Up and Up - Global Fuel - A lot of North Americans complain about the high price of Gasoline, but did you know that North Americans pay less than many other developed nations for Oil and Gas?
8th Jun, 2004 - 1:21pm / Post ID: #

The Price Of Oil - Page 5

More than anything, I think it affects the food we buy. Milk price has exploded. Most foods, especially produce, are going to rise through the roof.

BTW, I saw a local station with prices at $1.95 on Sunday. The one nearest us is at $2.27 right now.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Jun, 2004 - 10:09pm / Post ID: #

The Price Of Oil
A Friend

Oil Price The

Here in the Phoenix area, we've dropped about 5-6 cents in the past week. Good news on Paul Harvey today. He said the worst is behind us. Gas will fall below $2 by this weekend and be down to $1.60 avg price by Thanksgiving.

9th Jun, 2004 - 2:36am / Post ID: #

The Price Of Oil History & Civil Business Politics

Nighthawk said:

gas prices are contributing to the fact that my wife is now LOOKING for a job
Sorry to hear that, Nighthawk. I know how difficult that can be for all concerned -- but, sometimes, what else can be done?

gaucho said:
Good news on Paul Harvey today. He said the worst is behind us.

And where does Paul Harvey get his info?? I think he's feeding the masses happy thoughts from TPTB. We'll be seeing gas above $2.00/gallon (in California, at least) from now on. I don't know how in the world the price could come down, unless we hit a major economic depression/recession, or somehow annex Saudi Arabia as our 51st state.

In my opinion, of course.
Roz

Reconcile Edited: FarSeer on 9th Jun, 2004 - 2:39am

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Post Date: 10th Jun, 2004 - 4:57am / Post ID: #

The Price Of Oil
A Friend

Page 5 Oil Price The

Around here (New Mexico) gas prices are arounf $2 a gallon. But I heard that in the next year or less it should go back down to $1.60. But really, who knows?

10th Jun, 2004 - 9:11am / Post ID: #

Oil Price The

Well, prices are coming down now in my area. The station where on Monday the normal price was $2.15 per gallon regular, yesterday was $2.11 per gallon. It is still high, but at least it is heading in the right direction.

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

Post Date: 10th Jun, 2004 - 7:14pm / Post ID: #

The Price Of Oil
A Friend

The Price Of Oil

Our gas prices hit a high of $2.38, they are down to $2.33. I just don't understand why they raise prices in time for the holiday tourists, then lower them afterwards. I betcha they will raise them again for the summer tourist travellers!! In the meantime the local citizens are hit the hardest!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
10th Jun, 2004 - 7:23pm / Post ID: #

The Price Oil - Page 5

It is called supply and demand. When the expect high demand and are confident the average consumer will still purchase, they raise prices. Prices go up in the summer every year because many more people are going on vacation and doing more driving than they do in the winter. The average person isn't going to not take their vacation because gas goes up so they raise prices. It is similar to why certain subways and busses charge more during rush hour. There are more people using the busses and subway during rush hour and those people have little choice but to travel during those times, so they can and do charge more. Not all systems do this, but one I know of that does is the Metro in Washington, DC. Airlines do this as well.

Another example is hotels and summer rentals. During what is considered peak time, prices are higher. For gasoline, the summer is considered peak time.

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

Post Date: 10th Jun, 2004 - 7:44pm / Post ID: #

The Price Of Oil
A Friend

The Price Oil Politics Business Civil & History - Page 5

My second job entails driving gas guzzling motor homes around the country, so I pay close attention to fuel prices. Generally speaking, the farther west you go, the higher the price. I always check the flying j website for current fuel prices before I set out on a trip.

https://www.flyingj.com/fuel/gasoline_CF.cfm

Prices are slowly dropping nationwide. Why is it they come down real slow but go up real fast? Today, gas can be had for as little as $1.69 in OK and IN. These two states, along with Georgia, Kentucky, Texas and Missouri are about the cheapest fuel around, as a general rule. California is always the highest, except for maybe Hawaii and Alaska.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (81) »

> TOPIC: The Price Of Oil

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,