The Price Of Oil - Page 7 of 81

It is interesting that on Fox News this morning - Page 7 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 11th Apr, 2005 - 10:41am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 81 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  ...Latest (81) »

?
Poll: Of the following which ONE word best describes why the price of oil is going up so high...
  Greed       43.40%
  Arabs       11.32%
  Bush / Obama       3.77%
  Venezuela       1.89%
  Opec       11.32%
  Europe       5.66%
  Inflation       13.21%
  Poverty       0.00%
  Technology       1.89%
  China       1.89%
  USA       5.66%
Total Votes: 53
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Oil Prices Gas Prices Go Up and Up and Up - Global Fuel - A lot of North Americans complain about the high price of Gasoline, but did you know that North Americans pay less than many other developed nations for Oil and Gas?
25th Feb, 2005 - 5:54am / Post ID: #

The Price Of Oil - Page 7

It really is not a supply and demand issue...at least not totally. I enjoyed the cheap gasoline in the US for many year and now have had to feel the pinch of paying for it in Japan. The going rate here is approximately $4.50 per gallon. The price has increased a good bit, but it is actually the tax that your government puts on the product that makes it so high in other countries. The total increase per gallon in Japan has increased the same amount as in the US. This goes for Korea as well. Many of the european countries attach a high tax to each gallon (or liter) sold. I pay particular attention to this as my company reimburses me for these changes in cost of living versus the US.

Thanks,

Vincenzo

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Sponsored Links:
7th Mar, 2005 - 10:12pm / Post ID: #

Oil Price The

Gas prices are slowly making their way upwards again, as the weather warms up and people start travelling more. Here in Minnesota it has already reached $2 per gallon. I don't doubt that it will be $3 by Memorial Day.

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

Post Date: 8th Apr, 2005 - 1:43pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

The Price Of Oil History & Civil Business Politics

HIGH GAS PRICES WILL GET HIGHER

There's pump shock at every corner gas station, with prices well over $2 a gallon and still rising. And the government says you better get used to it.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...24478%2C00.html

8th Apr, 2005 - 6:04pm / Post ID: #

Page 7 Oil Price The

When I filled up yesterday, I paid $2.24 per gallon for regular. The article says people don't really care. Well, I do, but what can I do about it? I still need to drive.

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

9th Apr, 2005 - 2:46am / Post ID: #

Oil Price The

Well, you all can fill up and smile -- gas here is $2.65/2.73/2.79 per gallon at the Chevron on the corner. The Arco AM/PM is $2.55/2.65/2.71 per gallon, and that seems to be the cheapest in town. Interesting, because just last week the prices were in the $2.40 range.

I also heard on the radio this morning that a station in Palm Springs was posting $3.01/gal. for regular.

Hold on to your MPG folks -- Here we go!

Roz

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Post Date: 10th Apr, 2005 - 5:37pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

The Price Of Oil

DRIVE-OFF THEFT IS GROWING PROBLEM

With gasoline prices at an all-time high, a growing number of Utahns are filling up and taking off without bothering to fork out the cash. Not only is gasoline theft costing gas stations a lot of money, but officials say it creates a safety hazard and ultimately sends prices even higher.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...25072%2C00.html

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
10th Apr, 2005 - 10:16pm / Post ID: #

The Price Oil - Page 7

That's an interesting article, and I'm sure it's the reason that every station in So. Calif. (probably all) have the prepayment requirement. I don't think it's resulted in any lost sales here, it's just a fact of life. I'm still surprised when I travel to find places that don't require it!

There is a lot of talk in economic circles about the price of oil going ever higher. It hit in the $58/barrel range recently, and there is talk of it going over $100/barrel in times of crisis. If that happens, we're all in for a bumpy ride.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1073495.cms

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

11th Apr, 2005 - 10:41am / Post ID: #

The Price Oil Politics Business Civil & History - Page 7

It is interesting that on Fox News this morning they were running a ticker that said some expert (I forget who) believes prices have pretty much peaked at this point. Time will tell, but I would be surprised to see them fall until Fall because of nothing more than how supply and demand works on markets.

Well, you all can fill up and smile -- gas here is $2.65/2.73/2.79 per gallon at the Chevron on the corner. The Arco AM/PM is $2.55/2.65/2.71 per gallon, and that seems to be the cheapest in town.

Yes, well I believe California has the highest prices in the country. Does California have different laws about the gasoline itself which causes this or is their some other reason? I know cars cost more because of the pollution control laws. Does this affect gasoline as well?

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

> TOPIC: The Price Of Oil

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,