The Price Of Oil - Page 9 of 81

Okay, so RMB350 per tank: 350 divided by 7 - Page 9 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 18th Mar, 2006 - 3:32am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 81 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  ...Latest (81) »

?
Poll: Of the following which ONE word best describes why the price of oil is going up so high...
  Greed       43.40%
  Arabs       11.32%
  Bush / Obama       3.77%
  Venezuela       1.89%
  Opec       11.32%
  Europe       5.66%
  Inflation       13.21%
  Poverty       0.00%
  Technology       1.89%
  China       1.89%
  USA       5.66%
Total Votes: 53
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Oil Prices Gas Prices Go Up and Up and Up - Global Fuel - A lot of North Americans complain about the high price of Gasoline, but did you know that North Americans pay less than many other developed nations for Oil and Gas?
Post Date: 2nd Sep, 2005 - 1:20pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

The Price Of Oil - Page 9

Retail Gas Prices Jump, Deliveries Falter

AP - "Out of Gas" signs and yellow caution tape were draped across pumps in parts of the United States early Thursday after many retailers were overrun by panicked motorists looking to top off their tanks as prices soared past $3 per gallon and reports of shortages spread.
Ref. https://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor..._gas_prices_hk3

Thousands Complain to Feds on Gas Gouging

AP - Soaring gasoline costs prompted thousands of complaints Thursday to federal officials about alleged price gouging and demands by some members of Congress for an investigation into gasoline markets.
Ref. https://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...gas_gouging_hk3

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Sep, 2005 - 11:53am / Post ID: #

Oil Price The

Gas Prices Drive Man to Commute by Horse

AP - Jim Jundt was so determined to rein in his spending on gasoline that he got out of bed early and rode his 14-year-old quarterhorse mare to work.
Ref. https://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...t/horse_commute

21st Nov, 2005 - 12:26pm / Post ID: #

The Price Of Oil History & Civil Business Politics

Well, finally it seems to be coming back down to earth, but the question is... for how long?

GAS FALLING MORE THAN A PENNY A DAY

Prices at the pump fell more than 18 cents over the past two weeks, continuing a 10-week downward slide, according to a survey published Sunday.
Ref. https://money.cnn.com/2005/11/21/markets/ga...dberg/index.htm

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

22nd Nov, 2005 - 5:05am / Post ID: #

Page 9 Oil Price The

Not for long, I'm sure -- particularly with the holidays upon us, Thanksgiving this week and then Christmas within a month. There are rumors among the "gloom and doomer" set that after Bernanke gets in at the Fed, interest rates will rise fairly quickly to induce inflation in the USA economy. (I'm not sure why the Federal Reserve Bank would want to force inflation, except that it would be better than deflation or stagflation.) At any rate, the expectation from the GD guys is $100 to $200 per barrel of oil by 2010, partly as a result of forced inflation, and partly a reduction in supply/refining capacity.

Got a bike?

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

22nd Nov, 2005 - 12:32pm / Post ID: #

Oil Price The

QUOTE (FarSeer @ 21-Nov 05, 11:55 PM)
Got a bike?

As a matter of fact...I do. One with a motor that gets 45+ mpg! biggrin.gif

Anyway, I think prices will stay stable until next Spring. The Spring before last Spring they also rose and I expect it will happen again. I don't think it has anything to do with a shortage. Prices rise in the Spring as a matter of supply and demand...mostly demand. Oil companies know that most people travel far more in the summer months and few are willing to change their plans because of an increase in gas prices. So, they raise prices to make more money because demand is high and so they can. That is what free market enterprise is all about...right?

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

Post Date: 13th Mar, 2006 - 11:49am / Post ID: #

The Price Of Oil

GAS PRICES UP EVEN AS CRUDE GOES LOWER

Prices jumped nearly 11 cents over the past two weeks to $2.35 for a gallon of regular-grade gasoline, even though the price of crude oil dropped, a national survey said Sunday.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2006/US/03/12/gas.prices/index.html

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
17th Mar, 2006 - 12:45pm / Post ID: #

The Price Oil - Page 9

Wow...this apparently is about oil and gas prices in the US...

Where I am right now - Beijing, I'm here just for the studies, nothing else tongue.gif - the oil price is absolutely ridiculous. Getting a car tank filled - sorry, can't give proper figures here and there - costs about RMB300 to 350. When I first arrived here five years earlier, it took no more than RMB180 for a full tank. ((USD $1 = Chinese RMB 7 or so))

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 0 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0%

18th Mar, 2006 - 3:32am / Post ID: #

The Price Oil Politics Business Civil & History - Page 9

Okay, so RMB350 per tank:

350 divided by 7 = 50 USD

50 divided by 15 gallons per tank = 3.33 USD per gallon

Not so much higher than US prices. Stations in my area are currently around $2.69 to $2.89.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

> TOPIC: The Price Of Oil

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,