The Price Of Oil - Page 10 of 81

Has Global Oil Production Reached Maximum - Page 10 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 28th Apr, 2006 - 3:45pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 81 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  ...Latest (81) »

?
Poll: Of the following which ONE word best describes why the price of oil is going up so high...
  Greed       43.40%
  Arabs       11.32%
  Bush / Obama       3.77%
  Venezuela       1.89%
  Opec       11.32%
  Europe       5.66%
  Inflation       13.21%
  Poverty       0.00%
  Technology       1.89%
  China       1.89%
  USA       5.66%
Total Votes: 53
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Oil Prices Gas Prices Go Up and Up and Up - Global Fuel - A lot of North Americans complain about the high price of Gasoline, but did you know that North Americans pay less than many other developed nations for Oil and Gas?
Post Date: 14th Apr, 2006 - 1:09pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

The Price Of Oil - Page 10

WHO'S TO BLAME FOR HIGH GAS PRICES?

Spring is not even a month old but it's already promising to be a long hot summer for American drivers. Gasoline prices are surging toward highs not seen since the wake of Hurricane Katrina last fall - the national average now stands at $2.68 a gallon - and some experts are predicting $3.00 a gallon before long.
Ref. https://money.cnn.com/2006/04/12/magazines/...rtune/index.htm

Sponsored Links:
14th Apr, 2006 - 2:22pm / Post ID: #

Oil Price The

The price in the UK is very high at the moment.

On average, we are paying about $6- $7.50 pg!

The other day, we were in the middle of nowhere (or felt like it) laugh.gif, and there hadn't been a garage for miles, we stopped eventually at a little garage, and they were charging $8.50!

needless to say, we just put in the minimum, and hoped for another garage, we we found about 5 miles down the road, and filled up properly there, at a reasonable price!

The majority of profit from fuel in the UK goes to our Government!

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 29 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.9%

15th Apr, 2006 - 4:20pm / Post ID: #

The Price Of Oil History & Civil Business Politics

Here's an article to read about Exxon's response to soaring gas prices.

URL=https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=1841989]Article[/URL]

Exxon decides to give their retiring CEO a $400 million retirement package. With Exxon making $36 billion in profit last year (despite the devastation of the hurricanes) and the ability to give away $400 million, why can't they pass the savings along to the customers. There seems to be no sense of charity with the oil companies. These companies know we have to buy gas. Most of us have to drive to work, school, and stores around town. Why should they lower the price when we are forced by our lifestyle to continue to buy gas. I would love to see a gas company that truly feels the pains of the consumers and lower their prices. As much as I don't like to see government interfere with business, I think they need to start looking more closely at legislation to regulate the oil industry.  Why should the stockholders of these oil companies line their pockets at the expense of the lower class and middle class citizens who are strurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggling to make ends meet?

Reading back on what I wrote, I probably should have posted this under "What's bothering you" thread. But I wanted to post it here so that others could read the article I found.

Does anybody know a solution? I would love to hear other's ideas on a solution.

Message Edited!
Persephone - added quote tags

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 1 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.1%

15th Apr, 2006 - 10:40pm / Post ID: #

Page 10 Oil Price The

As long as we are addicted to oil and the conveniences it provides in transportation etc., there is no solution, in my opinion. Any real solution has to be a working alternative to gasoline. But that's another topic. smile.gif

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

19th Apr, 2006 - 2:09am / Post ID: #

Oil Price The

Actually, I think you hit the nail on the head Farseer and it very much is a part of this topic. We must find alternative fuel. Ethanol is being pushed in Brasil and seems to be doing well.

Let's face, greedy oil executives, who quite frankly couldn't care for anything other than their swiss bank accounts are not going feel sorry for consumers. Oil is a resource that will eventually dry up, unless we change our habits it will quite literally become black gold.

In Australia the price is about $1.50 a litre, I'm not sure how that converts to gallons but I know we pay a lot more than the US and considerably less that Europe. There are predictions the price will rise to $1.70 p/litre by the end of the year. And all this uncertainty in the Middle East is a convenient excuse for large oil companies to jack up the price.

Reconcile Edited: arvhic on 19th Apr, 2006 - 2:11am

International Level: Negotiator / Political Participation: 453 ActivistPoliticianNegotiator 45.3%

21st Apr, 2006 - 2:49am / Post ID: #

The Price Of Oil

No, really, I think we need another thread for Alternative Fuels. Perhaps I'll have to start that smile.gif

Isn't it 2.2 litres per gallon? So you're paying 1.70 x 2.2 = 3.74 per gallon, or something near that. Our prices just since January have jumped over 75 cents a gallon! Today the highest I saw was $3.13 at the big corporate rip-off station, and $2.93 at the "tank full o' knocks" place. Yikes.

Offtopic but,
As a side note, there is one gas station in town that still offers "Full Service" for it's customers -- at a "Full" $1.00 per gallon MORE than the regular prices! Can you imagine? In my case, that's an additional $15 just to have some yahoo fill up my tank for me. Yeah, I call that "full service," all right. (Yes, I know, there are some who can't do it themselves, but come on! This is true Highway Robbery.)

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 22nd Apr, 2006 - 12:49pm / Post ID: #

The Price Oil - Page 10

OIL BREAKS THROUGH RECORD $75

Oil smashed through record highs Friday, cruising past $75 a barrel on continued fears of a supply disruptions in Iran and Nigeria and reports of spot gas shortages on the U.S. East Coast.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/money/2006/04/21/markets/oil/index.htm

Post Date: 28th Apr, 2006 - 3:45pm / Post ID: #

The Price Oil Politics Business Civil & History - Page 10

Has Global Oil Production Reached Maximum Capacity? A Debate on Peak Oil

With the price of oil soaring to record highs and oil companies reporting
record profits, many are asking whether the world has reached peak oil
production. Peak oil occurs when half of all existing oil has been pulled
from the ground. Some experts believe we are at peak now while others
disagree. We host a debate on the issue with Julian Darley of the Post
Carbon Institute and Michael Lynch of the Strategic Energy & Economic
Research.
Ref. https://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=06/04/28/1439240

> TOPIC: The Price Of Oil

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,