Am I A Good Poster? - Page 3 of 5

QUOTE I have noticed other members on the - Page 3 - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 20th Feb, 2005 - 12:42am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 

?
Poll: What do you think about the forum Charisma Rating?
  A good measure of who posts constructively       30.00%
  It makes you think about what you will post       25.00%
  I just love it, especially when it increases       30.00%
  I have not thought about it really       15.00%
  I wish mine were higher but no one gives       0.00%
  I hate it, because mine is so low       0.00%
  I think it is a poor indicator of good posts       0.00%
  I think it should be removed!       0.00%
Total Votes: 20
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Your Popularity and / or Charisma Points! Does it make you think before you post?
Post Date: 23rd Jan, 2005 - 12:14am / Post ID: #

Am I A Good Poster?
A Friend

Am I A Good Poster? - Page 3

I would encourage members to reward others who answer their questions with Charisma. I am not talking about when you ask a question about how something in the community works, but technical or expert advice. I see many times where a member takes the time to answer a question that someone asks and they go unrewarded for their effort, especially when the answer is factual and referenced.

This is a really good point and I'm glad that it was pointed out. I will be looking to do this more.

I like the charisma rating for the same reason's Smudge said. It really is good feedback from the community, and I have gone back to the posts where I received charisma to re-read and try figure out what I did that was positive or made the post constructive, so I could repeat those things in my future posts. It has been interesting to see what has gotten charisma and what hasn't, not that I am in any way offended, but certain posts that I wouldn't have thought would get charisma did and vice versa.

Reconcile Edited: dawnofthenew on 23rd Jan, 2005 - 12:15am

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 19th Feb, 2005 - 5:29am / Post ID: #

Am I A Good Poster?
A Friend

Poster Good I Am

I like the charisma point system. I find that I log on to look and see if it has gone up or not, its really important that I am adding to the community and not taking away or bringing it down. The charisma lets me know that I am keeping on my toes.

19th Feb, 2005 - 6:33am / Post ID: #

Am I A Good Poster? Feedback & FAQ News Community

That value has definitely let me know what kind of information that this forum is interested in sharing. I have used it quite a bit and have found it must useful! Thanks JB for the 100 pt explanation...I was wondering why this seemed to be a barrier!

Vincenzo

19th Feb, 2005 - 2:41pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Poster Good I Am

I love the Charisma feature. It doesn't affect my choice of words when I post because I really do always try to offer good, constructive, helpful posts anyway. However, I am always aware of how much charisma I have and immediately look to see what post(s) caused it to change. It is very gratifying to see that another was affected by your post enough to reward you for it. It is a wonderful positive reinforcement.

I am not sure if I have ever given negative feedback. I may have once or twice. However, I will only do this if I think the poster is being rude in some way. I would never give negative feedback just because I didn't agree with someone's post or didn't care for that poster personally. That is not what it is for and would only discourage honest discussion.

I also love that all the posters here are mature enough to use the Charisma in such a contructive manner.

19th Feb, 2005 - 3:02pm / Post ID: #

Poster Good I Am

I love the charisma feature also and I try not to give it to someone for whatever reason. I have give only a couple of negative charisma points in the past, one: if the member keeps adding extra work for me by editing or erasing messages, the person is not honest, the member is rude, they are doing plariagism on the board, or when I feel they deserve a minus point.

19th Feb, 2005 - 3:14pm / Post ID: #

Am I A Good Poster?

I love to recieve charisma! cool.gif

However, I am probably the stingiest among the moderators at giving charisma. It has to be a very well thought-out, well written post, that really applies to the topic for me to add charisma.

I don't think I have ever given negative charisma. If I think a member has not behaved well, I just go to his or her intro or rave topic, and try to discuss it there.

I have gotten one negative charisma, though. I still laugh at it.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
19th Feb, 2005 - 10:03pm / Post ID: #

Am I Good Poster - Page 3

Now that I am nearing 100 charisma points I have been checking it regularly, and while it hasn't changed my posting habits or techniques, I am more aware of it. I have noticed other members on the forum whose post count are very much lower than mine yet their charisma per posts is a lot higher than mine. It teaches me that quantity is never better than quality, and so I have much to learn and work on in delivering quality posts that will get me more charisma in the long run.

20th Feb, 2005 - 12:42am / Post ID: #

Am I Good Poster Community News FAQ & Feedback - Page 3

I have noticed other members on the forum whose post count are very much lower than mine yet their charisma per posts is a lot higher than mine. It teaches me that quantity is never better than quality

I have noticed that as well and I realized that it was not only about quality, but just that members are giving out points for 'any ole' reason at all'. To counter act this and give balance once again to the feature I have done the following:

1. I am more liberal at giving negatives just the same
2. I took away the feature from the RPGs and 'unnecessary' Boards since I do not think it is right that a user to get a Charisma point for talking about a fictional pet in a blog type setting or other RPG when someone who posts very constructively in a 'serious' Discussion Board gets nothing.

Also some users also counted on the RPGs to get their post count up, which is no longer the case.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Am I A Good Poster?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,