Am I A Good Poster? - Page 4 of 5

I have been watching my charisma points closely - Page 4 - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 27th Dec, 2005 - 5:39am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 

?
Poll: What do you think about the forum Charisma Rating?
  A good measure of who posts constructively       30.00%
  It makes you think about what you will post       25.00%
  I just love it, especially when it increases       30.00%
  I have not thought about it really       15.00%
  I wish mine were higher but no one gives       0.00%
  I hate it, because mine is so low       0.00%
  I think it is a poor indicator of good posts       0.00%
  I think it should be removed!       0.00%
Total Votes: 20
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Your Popularity and / or Charisma Points! Does it make you think before you post?
10th Jul, 2005 - 1:30pm / Post ID: #

Am I A Good Poster? - Page 4

Has giving Charisma points become taboo? I notice that it is mostly me that give them out. Is everyone placing too high an expectation from each person's post (especially newer members) that they cannot give points out anymore?

Sponsored Links:
11th Jul, 2005 - 9:40am / Post ID: #

Poster Good I Am

I like the charisma point feature and I'd like to thank everyone that has ever given me one. It does actually make me think about what I am posting in a sense but it also allows me to see what members of the forum think of any posts I may make.

29th Nov, 2005 - 3:47am / Post ID: #

Am I A Good Poster? Feedback & FAQ News Community

Sese, I wish everyone who joined here thought like that. I must say, that there were times I have seen people very intrigued by the information given by a Member and yet never bothered to give them a Charisma point for their reply, don't forget to give out those Charisma points!

Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2005 - 4:06pm / Post ID: #

Am I A Good Poster?
A Friend

Page 4 Poster Good I Am

I've given out a few points, but I think one reason I haven't really been dishing them out is because I don't quite feel...I guess qualified would be the word to use. Everyone else seems to have been here so long that a lot of times I don't feel it's really my place to give them out. I have given two or three out, though, and I'm trying to give them out a lot more.

As for getting them, I would be lying if I didn't say I enjoy seeing my number go up. Of course I'm not climbing as much as a lot of people are, but that's okay. It is nice to know, though, when I write something that somebody has actually read it, and the points are a good way of knowing that.

3rd Dec, 2005 - 4:17pm / Post ID: #

Poster Good I Am

QUOTE (BabyBlues)
I don't quite feel...I guess qualified would be the word to use.

BabyBlues, the only qualification you need is to give them out! I believe the only reason someone has more Charisma than you is simply because they have more posts than you so there is a higher chance of them getting rewarded for it. The more you post, the more you will see them add up.

Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2005 - 4:26pm / Post ID: #

Am I A Good Poster?
A Friend

Am I A Good Poster?

I knew you were going to reprimand me on that! I am working on giving points out more. Slowly, but surely.

It doesn't bother me to see people getting points at triple the speed I am. I agree that it is most likely because they can post three times as much as I can. I kind of like not having tongs of charisma points because they still mean something to me when I get one. I'm not saying that if I ever hit a fifty point line or something that getting a charisma point won't mean anything, but I'm more likely to notice it right now.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
3rd Dec, 2005 - 8:36pm / Post ID: #

Am I Good Poster - Page 4

QUOTE (BabyBlues)
...knew you were going to reprimand me on that!

Reprimand? Nah, just giving you a gentle nudge wink.gif You are right, the Charisma system makes it so that when you do get a point you are excited since it takes a few days before someone can give you one, I believe it is only me that has no restriction. It was not always like this, but we used to have users that were giving them out for all kinds of silly reasons and so someone would get 5 Charisma points from the same person in the same day.

27th Dec, 2005 - 5:39am / Post ID: #

Am I Good Poster Community News FAQ & Feedback - Page 4

I have been watching my charisma points closely and have also really been excited each time that they go up. I do agree with JB in that he does give out the most but he is certainly not the only one. I have received positive feedback from a number of different members and I try and keep them in special mind when reading their posts. I have to admit that I am more likely to give them feedback on a return thread than someone who has never recognized me but that doesn't mean that I wouldn't give positive points to anyone else, but it is nice to be able to return the favor when it is due. I feel that I have been doing rather good on my posts to have received the points that I have. Not sure what the average ratio of posts to charisma is but I am just happy to have what I have. I do often look at others charisma and get a predetermined idea of how constructive their replies might be before I read their posts if I am not familiar with them as a member. But for the record, I love the idea of charisma and am very impressed that it is used so appropriately here by all the members.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Am I A Good Poster?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,