Am I A Good Poster? - Page 2 of 5

Before this forum script we were using another - Page 2 - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 14th Nov, 2004 - 10:03pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 

?
Poll: What do you think about the forum Charisma Rating?
  A good measure of who posts constructively       30.00%
  It makes you think about what you will post       25.00%
  I just love it, especially when it increases       30.00%
  I have not thought about it really       15.00%
  I wish mine were higher but no one gives       0.00%
  I hate it, because mine is so low       0.00%
  I think it is a poor indicator of good posts       0.00%
  I think it should be removed!       0.00%
Total Votes: 20
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Your Popularity and / or Charisma Points! Does it make you think before you post?
Post Date: 18th Aug, 2004 - 1:53am / Post ID: #

Am I A Good Poster?
A Friend

Am I A Good Poster? - Page 2

I like the Charisma feature alot, now that I know how to use it... tongue.gif But I'm not generous enough. I think I've given out a total of two... >_><_< I'll try to get better at that.

Sponsored Links:
18th Aug, 2004 - 2:05am / Post ID: #

Poster Good I Am

Fugi said... Some folks make so many wonderful posts, but there's the restriction of only being able to change a members' charisma once every 72 hours. Oh well... So be it.

The goal is to reach 100, if you give out 3-4 charisma points a day then it will have no real value when the person arrives to the 100 mark. Knowing how hard it is to reach there makes it all the more distinguished wink.gif

Post Date: 18th Aug, 2004 - 2:14am / Post ID: #

Am I A Good Poster?
A Friend

Am I A Good Poster? Feedback & FAQ News Community

Cool beans! Makes perfect sense to me. Thanks for the explanation, JB! smile.gif

10th Nov, 2004 - 8:03pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Poster Good I Am

I would encourage members to reward others who answer their questions with Charisma. I am not talking about when you ask a question about how something in the community works, but technical or epert advice. I see many times where a member takes the time to answer a question that someone asks and they go unrewarded for their effort, especially when the answer is factual and referenced.

Post Date: 11th Nov, 2004 - 3:47pm / Post ID: #

Am I A Good Poster?
A Friend

Poster Good I Am

I understand that giving or taking carisma points can be trace and also power user (or administrators, I do not know the correct term here) can make decisions about resetting the carisma points or other restrictions...that being said, does any of over 100 points ever receive a (-) and what happened to the guy that did such a foolish thing? Joke aside...have any of you had an experience when the carisma decrease?

11th Nov, 2004 - 4:23pm / Post ID: #

Am I A Good Poster?

I did not understand the first part of your message, but to answer your question. When someone gives you negative feedback then your charisma goes down by one. Members who receive negative feedback should stop to think if it was justified before acting or in other words - deciding to retaliate by just giving negative feedback to the critic who gave it to them. Administrators and mods can give feedback freely on two levels - charisma and warn rating (not part of this topic).

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
14th Nov, 2004 - 7:16pm / Post ID: #

Am I Good Poster - Page 2

I find charisma very useful too, and a good way for thanking someone without just posting thanks, because that's not constructive.

I also have a question - when I click on the charisma of someone with a 100 +, for example you, I see + 29 - 116, adding together to 145, your charisma. How come you and all the mods have all these minuses?

14th Nov, 2004 - 10:03pm / Post ID: #

Am I Good Poster Community News FAQ & Feedback - Page 2

Before this forum script we were using another that took up a lot of bandwidth (YaBB) and CPU usage so we had to change to this script (IPB). In doing so we found the conversion to not retain 'Charisma points' we gained from past posts. So I had to manually enter them for those who were above a certain Charisma rating. Now, the minuses shows because the DB cannot find threads that contribute to the positive rating so it assumes it is a minus. I could probably change that, but it just does not seem to be a high priority.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Am I A Good Poster?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,