Greatly Inspired... Or Mildly Deluded?

Greatly Inspired Mildly Deluded - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 16th Dec, 2014 - 9:43pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Greatly Inspired... Or Mildly Deluded? Related Information to Greatly Inspired... Or Mildly Deluded?
Post Date: 3rd Sep, 2014 - 2:28pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

If we are spiritual enough, do we get to the point where our every action is "Prompted", or do we act on our own, doing more good works of our own volition?

Ok, I have a family member that is either one of the most Inspired people alive, or has deluded herself into believing such.

An uncountable number of times each day, she announces "The Spirit told me to ..." Followed by whatever mundane task she feels like doing or needs to take care of:
- Go to this store and stock up on more discontinued stuff her family will never use.
- Do some laundry.
- Go buy 1000's more old books from another closed library and put them in your garage.

I get the feeling she doesn't know the difference between her own thoughts and actual promptings.

international QUOTE
Doctrine and Covenants 58: 26-28
For behold, it is not meet that I should command in all things; for he that is compelled in all things, the same is a slothful and not a wise servant; wherefore he receiveth no reward.
Verily I say, men should be anxiously engaged in a good cause, and do many things of their own free will, and bring to pass much righteousness;
For the power is in them, wherein they are agents unto themselves.

On the positive side, I've never seen her do anything the Spirit would disapprove of, she's a good person for sure. Even though I'm a very spiritual person overall, I can't stand to be around her anymore because the things she blurts out sound like nonsense to me. Can't she do anything good of her own free will? Is it true that every single action can possibly be inspired?

Driving me a crazy AND I feel guilty for judging her. undecided.gif

Sponsored Links:
3rd Sep, 2014 - 5:54pm / Post ID: #

Deluded Mildly Inspired Greatly

If its making her happy and its not hurting anyone then be happy for her and just ignore anything you think is not regular. Consider how the people saw the prophets of old as crazy old men, who got the last laugh? wink.gif

Post Date: 3rd Sep, 2014 - 8:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Greatly Inspired... Or Mildly Deluded? Studies Doctrine Mormon

international QUOTE
Consider how the people saw the prophets of old as crazy old men, who got the last laugh?

laugh.gif, touche... Good point! I wish it were so simple, but my wife doesn't want to take the kids to visit them because of it. Makes me sad. I just roll my eyes and ignore it because I'm used to it.

23rd Nov, 2014 - 1:30am / Post ID: #

I am not saying they are but when mental illness flows through the genes of a family its hard for them to pickup anything abnormal because for them its all normal. People like this can be dangerous if they become too zealous an want to impose their thinking on others, so I can understand how your wife feels.

If their beliefs are just about influencing them rather than others then it mind be harmless. There is always the different in society, if there wasn't life would be boring. wink.gif

29th Nov, 2014 - 11:16pm / Post ID: #

Why are we associating this with mental illness? Why can't it be that the person has a greater communication with the spirit than others?

Post Date: 16th Dec, 2014 - 9:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

As one becomes more in tune with God though the Holy Ghost, slowly more and more decisions become the same as Gods or Jesus Christ's But most often, they do not involve everyday mundane task, but they can. It seems like the things she seems prompted to do, are more things she wants to do, to maybe avoid things that might be more constructive; but you have not explained what her role is in the family, a mother and etc.

I guess the question is self answering, if you ask, is she getting out of things, she would rather not do. And if you are the husband, you have a right to revelation of know what she is doing. Spirit speaks to spirit.

I am not sure why she vocally says, the Spirt told me to do this, that is not normally how people respond to the Spirit and relate it to others. It almost seems like she is letting everyone know, so they won't contest what she is doing.

I have the Companionship of the Holy Ghost, it has and is slowly making my feelings and thought one with the Godhead, but I don't go about mentioning it.

Reconcile Edited: DavidLJ on 16th Dec, 2014 - 9:48pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Greatly Inspired... Or Mildly Deluded?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,