Education / Training / Teacher

Education / Training / Teacher - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 1st Oct, 2007 - 8:45am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 5th Mar, 2004 - 11:18am / Post ID: #

This thread has been started so professionals or others involved in this sector can post their job related descriptions and experiences to help you better determine if this is the career/job you would like to pursue in the future.

Professional: Please tell what the job involves, the pros and cons, usual salary, and kinds of promotions
Future Professional: You may ask questions here, but please be specific

Note: This board should not be used for discussions relevant to other boards.

Sponsored Links:
22nd May, 2004 - 12:38pm / Post ID: #

Teacher Training Education

Professional: Please tell what the job involves, the pros and cons, usual salary, and kinds of promotions

The job involves teaching a particular subject, I personally teach High School students form 2-5. I teach them Spanish. The great things about the job is that you get several free periods during the day, a whole hour lunch break, all the holidays and all the weekends. Three months of vacations being full paid. And two weeks winter vacation, really it seems like a pretty easy job but the thing is that you are dealing with rebelious teenagers all day long and believe me it is not easy rolleyes.gif
Regards to salaries, it all depends in the country where are you from. Here in Trinidad teachers are paid okay.

Post Date: 11th Jan, 2005 - 4:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Education / Training / Teacher UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

I'm an assistant english teacher in martinique...it's a great way to practice my french as I'm immersed in francophone culture, and teaching my native language is not too much of a challenge....except when you need to deal with younger students who are easily distracted and do not hide their dislike for english. Concerning practical stuff ...lodging is expensive and difficult to find, but it's a small island you're bound to meet someone who knows someone who can assist, and the salary is enough for your needs and you can save of course if you are not tempted to go on shopping sprees...it's also great because there are lots of holidays...and the people are generally friendly and welcoming...I'd recommend it for someone who'd like to discover a new culture and doesn't give up easily coz it's no picnic sometimes...

17th Feb, 2006 - 3:23am / Post ID: #

QUOTE (LDS_forever @ 22-May 04, 7:38 AM)

The great things about the job is that you get several free periods during the day, a whole hour lunch break, all the holidays and all the weekends. Three months of vacations being full paid. And two weeks winter vacation,

I am an art and french education student. I will be student teaching this fall and graduating in December. One attractive thing about going into education for me is that generally, all the time that my kids have off I will have off too, as mentioned above. But I also know that there a lot of work to be done outside of the classroom, not to mention as a parent and spouse there is a lot of work to be done at home as well. Do you find that you are still able to spend as much time with your children and spouse as you would like? What kind of difficulties do you run into as a mother with a full time job on top of the responsibilities of running a house and church callings? I am still not sure how everything will work for me, we are still waiting on kids, so I guess I will just see how things go as far as when and for how long I may teach, but I just thought I'd throw the question out there in case you have some insights for me smile.gif

1st Mar, 2006 - 8:31pm / Post ID: #

Do you find that you are still able to spend as much time with your children and spouse as you would like?

Not really, because I would love to spend 24/7 with them wink.gif but that's impossible. We have only one child (5 years old) who is homeschooled and another on its way (I'm 5 months pregnant). I always thought teaching is a great job for moms for the same reasons I stated above.

What kind of difficulties do you run into as a mother with a full time job on top of the responsibilities of running a house and church callings?

I try to organize my schedule as much as possible. When I come from work, I rest a little, clean if necessary (I like to keep our apartment clean all the time), give lessons to my son, prepare dinner and so on. I know it sounds like a lot but once you plan all these things before hand it is easy. Same applies in my Church calling.

Teaching is great because gives you the freedom to do a whole set of other things and you do not have your boss on your back all the time.

Offtopic but,
Dimavo, check the topic "Sisters working?" in the LDS board. Make a search if necessary. I would rather stay home with my kids, this is the place I feel I should be. Right now, I cannot afford it but if you have the chance of NOT working and staying home with the kids, don't think it twice, do it! I pretty much look forward for the day (not very far away, I hope!) where I can stay home. Good luck!

11th Mar, 2006 - 7:34pm / Post ID: #

Sounds like you have to be really organized! I chose this major because I wanted something that wouldn't be too difficult to start making some money after graduation if I wasn't married by then. Then I found that I unexpectedly was quite interested in the different philosophies of education, and how to become a better teacher. Now that I am married, I think it will be very helpful in teaching my own children. Most people have a teaching experience of some kind at some point in their lives, I am glad that I'm now better prepared for not only a job, but for teaching in my family, church, and life in general.

Offtopic but,
Yes, first and foremost I will be in the home with my children - however, I may end up teaching when they all grow up are in school themselves and eventually leave us, or if the children just don't come for a while, as they seem to be taking their time undecided.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 28th Sep, 2007 - 11:24am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

PANEL BRAINSTORMING BENEFITS TO KEEP TEACHERS IN CLASSROOM

Would $10,000 more a year make people want to become teachers? Maybe $15,000? Or, how about a $47,000-a-year starting salary for fresh college grads? Legislators want to know.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1,1249,...13886,00.html

1st Oct, 2007 - 8:45am / Post ID: #

Education / Training / Teacher Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO

Possibly more money may sway people to go into teaching, but then you risk people going into it purely for the money.
My Son is at University, and he wants to become a teacher when he has finished. He is capable of coming straight out of Uni and gaining a job that pays at least $30,000 a year more salary, but his point on the situation is that he'd rather be payed less to do a worthwhile job that he would get enjoyment out of, instead of getting into a job and hating every day of it until you retire!
Some people opt to do this to get a higher wage, either way, I really feel that teachers are way too much underpaid considering the valuable job that they do.

> TOPIC: Education / Training / Teacher

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,