Gun Control vs. Gun Violence In The USA - Page 3 of 6

People argue that there are too many guns. - Page 3 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 23rd Aug, 2016 - 3:24pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
  Gun Control vs Gun Violence In USA
Post Date: 11th Dec, 2015 - 12:22am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Gun Control vs. Gun Violence In The USA - Page 3

Smith & Wesson reports revenue growth from soaring arms sales after San Bernardino shooting :

The gun company, which makes a third of all revolvers owned in the US, has now raised its outlook for the rest of the fiscal year expecting net sales alone to reach $625 million by April. Ref. Source 8b

Sponsored Links:
11th Dec, 2015 - 12:59pm / Post ID: #

USA The Violence Gun vs Control Gun

Whereas I do agree we, as Americans, should have stricter gun laws, like more thorough background checks, I don't agree with banning guns outright. In the end, criminals that truly mean to do harm with a gun, will get a gun, no matter the means. I mean hell, I just watched a video yesterday of six armed men trying to rob a store, the owner came out with a gun and the six men ran for the hill, those types of criminals meant to use the guns purely as intimidation, because if they meant to use them, they would have gunned her down were she stood and continued robbing the store.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 0 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0%

Post Date: 5th Jan, 2016 - 7:14am / Post ID: #

Gun Control vs. Gun Violence In The USA History & Civil Business Politics

The Obama administration will announce a series of executive actions on Tuesday to combat gun violence in the U.S.Among other things, the actions would expand mandatory background checks for some private sales.

The administration would also provide more funding for mental health treatment, FBI staff and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco Firearms and Explosives agents. Ref. CNN

Post Date: 20th Jun, 2016 - 11:33pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 USA The Violence Gun vs Control Gun

Four gun measures all fail in Senate

The Senate rejected four partisan gun measures offered in the wake of the June 12 Orlando massacre. Two Republican proposals would have increased funding for the national background check system and created a judicial review process to keep a person on a terror watch list from buying a gun; two Democratic measures would have expanded background checks to private gun sales and allowed the Justice Department to ban a gun sale to a terror suspect. Several senators said they are still trying to pursue a bipartisan compromise on how to address gun sales to people on terror watch lists. Ref. USAToday.

21st Jun, 2016 - 4:47am / Post ID: #

USA The Violence Gun vs Control Gun

There should be a consensus on gun issues that is the same for all states. Gun laws vary so much from state to state that it can be confusing and lead some people to trouble from assuming what is allowed and what isn't.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 17 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.7%

Post Date: 17th Aug, 2016 - 11:52pm / Post ID: #

Gun Control vs. Gun Violence In The USA
A Friend

Here si my take on guns and gun control. We do have a problem in the United States with too many of the criminal element having guns. This is also compounded by the gun control lobbyist printing the names and addresses of legal gun owners. Now that is a like a shopping list for the criminal element as they now have all the addresses to break into to get their hands on legal owned guns.

If we could get the guns out of the criminal hands it would cut down on gun violence. On the other hand those who are gun owners and teach their children to be responsible gun owners can help curb the gun violence. I remember reading an article where a reported asked some Chicago gang members if they would be breaking into to homes and committing violent acts against citizens if the citizens were able to legally carry guns. The consensus was no they would not mainly because they did not want to be shot at and possibly wounded or killed. No this is in a city where the gun violence is one of the worse in the world. Chicago also has one of the most strict gun laws in the world. I see a pattern here.

When citizens can not carry or legally own guns the criminal element is at more peace when committing robberies and other violence against their victims since they are not armed. Thus they are not able to protect themselves. I think Chicago is a city of victims. They are just sitting there waiting to become victims of crimes as the police can not be everywhere to protect all the citizens.

Now I have to tell you. As I was a Military Police officer I can pretty much say that police all over this world are a reactionary force. Granted at times they will catch a break and find something before a incident happens. But most of the time a crime or incident happens the police are notified and then the police officers react and head to the crime area. Most of the time the crime is complete and the criminals are gone. Many of the people in the area are just like the victims. They will remain silent and not report what they saw so the criminal is free to victimize another. This is a pattern that happens over and over. This is why I say the police can not protect every one all the time.

I believe the way to prevent gun violence is to teach people to arm themselves. I am not saying all people just those that wish to be armed. Train them to be responsible gun owners. Train them to be able to assist the police if need be. But most importantly train them to protect themselves and their family. Allow them the means to disable the criminal elements that try to victimize them. I think this will cause a dramatic drop in gun violence in the United States. But that is just my opinion.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 18th Aug, 2016 - 1:03am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Gun Control vs. Gun Violence The USA - Page 3

It's too late to ban guns in the United States. I don't like guns but I see reality. There are around 300 million firearms in this country now. Many more would be smuggled in. We can't stop drugs being brought in so why would guns be any different? I honestly don't have an answer for it. I think people should be allowed to own guns but not assault weapons. This is my opinion. I don't mean to offend anyone. I just don't see what can be done at this point. I don't believe in confiscation of guns owned legally by gun owners. Many political solutions proposed wouldn't have stopped other mass killings. Most solutions are feel good measures because we have "To do something". We need to come together on a common ground to make our country safer.

23rd Aug, 2016 - 3:24pm / Post ID: #

Gun Control vs. Gun Violence The USA Politics Business Civil & History - Page 3

People argue that there are too many guns. Its not the gun but the person using it is the problem. Spend more time doing social work and having family planning sessions so we aren't creating gangsters from young and then the gun issue will not be a problem anymore!

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 22 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 2.2%

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Gun Control vs. Gun Violence In The USA

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,