Martha Stewart - Page 5 of 8

SCOTT PIERCE: MARTHA MAKES LIKE TRUMP Crime - Page 5 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 3rd Feb, 2005 - 11:12am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
When the rich cannot get enough...
23rd Dec, 2004 - 8:24pm / Post ID: #

Martha Stewart - Page 5

time to not eat the bad food

Yeah, probably bad for someone who is accustomed to gourmet food 24x7. For the rest of us, I am sure it would suffice. I find it amusing that we have to pay so much attention to someone who is in prison. That is what it all boils down too. Whether it be Martha Stewart, the Pope or Joe Blo down the street; the person is in prison after having been found guilty by a jury of their peers. My Christmas wish is that the media stop keeping track of every little thing that Ms. Stewart does. I don't care!

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

Sponsored Links:
23rd Dec, 2004 - 8:53pm / Post ID: #

Stewart Martha

I felt 'offended' somehow when I read that part of the food. You know why? because of the hypocresy. If you read the letters she usually writes to her fans, she is always talking about her companions in prisons and how these women do not have family and stuff and blah blah blah...yet she does not think she can eat prison food. Now, let me tell you something....the woman is in prison!!! what does she expects? The prisoners in the US are way well off than prisoners in other countries. Now, I'm not saying they are good but I'm sure the food is at least eatable...She should at least think in the huge of amount of people that go hungry every year in the US and in the world....but I'm asking too much, she is not capable of such thinking.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 25th Dec, 2004 - 4:27am / Post ID: #

Martha Stewart
A Friend

Martha Stewart History & Civil Business Politics

I think the fiasco surrounding Martha is shameful, but unique. Shameful because people can so easily center their frustration around a single individual. In the case of Martha she IS the company and the image that has been branded, so I suppose it is easier to identify the crime with an individual. In the case of Worldcom and Enron (full of dirty crooks, too), it's difficult to point a finger at any single individual. People often personify corporations with people (I.e. McDonald's as "youthful"), but who can we point our fingers at in either case? Martha just makes an awesome scapegoat for a much larger problem: corporate corruption.

I also find it a little too coincidental that companies like Worldcom and Enron have fallen so easily under the radar. Their connection with the current administration is all too clear (through folks like Kenneth Lay, etc.), but people would rather concentrate on Martha. So, maybe there needs to be some re-arranging of priorities. Do we tear apart a single individual who had a pretty smile or take a look at the larger role of far-reaching corporations that often have profound effects on many people (employees, the general public, and government)? It's difficult to discern when the media sensationalizes the issue instead of bothering to analyze fundamental problems.

30th Dec, 2004 - 5:40pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 Stewart Martha

Martha's crime was greed. For the life of me, I will never understand why she did not just sell 1/2 of her holdings for a profit and put in a sell to break even on the remaining stocks. When you get a tip from the president of a company to dump now, it does not get much more insider than that.

The reason everyone liked to watch her go down in flames was that she spent the last several years telling everyone how to be the perfect housekeeper and chef while running a multimillion dollar empire. She had it all, but lost a lot of it because of greed. We just had to watch the event much like a car accident: having to look at it but not really wanting to see anyone hurt.

She is at a place called Camp Cupcake (nickname) and is working on a new talk show for when she gets out.

Just a thought,

Vincenzo

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

30th Dec, 2004 - 10:39pm / Post ID: #

Stewart Martha

She is at a place called Camp Cupcake (nickname) and is working on a new talk show for when she gets out.

So it's not a real jail then? rolleyes.gif Martha Stewart with a talk show? She should stick with cooking.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

5th Jan, 2005 - 1:02pm / Post ID: #

Martha Stewart

Yes...The prisons nickname is called Camp Cupcake. It looks like more like a campus than a prison, with the only difference being the tall fence around the grounds. There are no "behind bars" cells that you see in the movies. However, for what Martha truly did wrong, she doesn't deserve the hardcore criminal treatment.

As far as the talk show, it is definitely a go. She will be doing a daytime talk show once she gets out of jail. She has agreed to do it and she has a buyer for the idea. To be honest, this might be actually the best media exposure she could ever get. For the (9 months I think) few months at Camp Cupcake, she is going to turn it into millions when she gets out. While she does deserve to be convicted of her crime, I think she will have the last laugh. ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK!

Just a thought,

Vincenzo

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th Jan, 2005 - 2:10am / Post ID: #

Martha Stewart - Page 5

While we are on the Martha Stewart subject, did you hear about the Christmas decorating concert at Camp Cupcake? Apparently there were 2 groups of inmates that were given $25 in glitter and Christmas paper and told to decorate the place based on the theme "Peace on Earth". Martha Stewart's team lost the contest! Talk about irony!

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

Post Date: 3rd Feb, 2005 - 11:12am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Martha Stewart Politics Business Civil & History - Page 5

SCOTT PIERCE: MARTHA MAKES LIKE TRUMP

Crime pays. It pays really well if you're Martha Stewart. America's most famous female convict already has a deal with NBC Universal for a new syndicated daytime show.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...09202%2C00.html

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

> TOPIC: Martha Stewart

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,