Biblical And Modern History Of Iraq

Biblical Modern History Iraq - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 15th Mar, 2004 - 8:07pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 8th Mar, 2004 - 7:57am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I thought this was very interesting.
Iraq In The Bible
by David L. Brown, Ph.D.

Israel is the nation most often mentioned in the Bible. But, do you know which nation is second? It is Iraq! However, that is not the name that is used in the Bible. The names used in the Bible are Babylon, Land of Shinar, and Mesopotamia. The word Mesopotamia means between the two rivers, more exactly between the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers. The name Iraq, means country with deep roots. Indeed Iraq is a country with deep roots and is a very significant country in the Bible. Here's why: https://www.bible.ca/islam/islam-iraq-history.htm *scroll about halfway down.

Sponsored Links:
15th Mar, 2004 - 6:48pm / Post ID: #

Iraq History Modern Biblical

I read some of the article you referenced. Very interesting.

I was aware that the Assyrians come from Iraq. As I study Isaiah, I find that Assyria is very prominent in that book. The big question is whether or not Isaiah's reference to the Assyrian King (which represents the Antichrist in the Last Days) indicates that he comes from Iraq, or whether the original Assyrian King (in Isaiah's day) is just a type of the Antichrist in behaviour.

I have found it very interesting through the last few months to learn a bit about the Assyrian Christian church, which has been severely persecuted in Iraq.

You are right. Iraq really does figure strongly in world history.

NightHawk

15th Mar, 2004 - 7:58pm / Post ID: #

Biblical And Modern History Of Iraq Revealed Bible The

I read some of the article. Interesting, but let's remember that the lay of the land was significantly different before the flood than after. So, some of the references being claimed as in Iraq, may not actually be. For example, the Garden of Eden and all that refers to events which occurred there.

15th Mar, 2004 - 8:07pm / Post ID: #

Iraq History Modern Biblical

I would add - look around the whole website, see what their biases are. They are rather strongly biased in several directions. The website is actually an apologetics site oriented towards defending Christianity from Islam. As such, it partakes of common Christian assumptions, including the idea that the rivers named in Genesis are the exact same ones found in Iraq.

NightHawk

> TOPIC: Biblical And Modern History Of Iraq

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,