Older You Get The More Depressed You Are

Older Depressed Are - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 20th Sep, 2014 - 11:27pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 14th Jul, 2011 - 2:24am / Post ID: #

Name: Barry

Comments: Is it normal to feel depressed about getting older until you get at an age where you are super depressed because your whole life has passed and you feel lie you accomplished nothing?

Sponsored Links:
14th Jul, 2011 - 8:18pm / Post ID: #

Are Depressed The You Older

Normal to be very depressed for a long duration? I do not think this is healthy. Maybe JB might be better to speak on this but I personally think if you are that depressed you might need to talk to some one. Depression is serious and can be treated. Often as we age we have regrets. either things we did do and are not proud of or things we wish we had done. Both need to be dealt with for a healthy mind.

14th Jul, 2011 - 8:21pm / Post ID: #

Older You Get The More Depressed You Are Health & Special Psychology

Hey Barry. I went through a divorce recently and I have been feeling very depressed. I think it's normal, the problem is that if you're feeling like that for long periods of time then it's not healthy and you need to seek medical help.

14th Jul, 2014 - 11:28am / Post ID: #

I don't think it has to do with age as much as regrets you have because you get older its harder to fix. It could also be that when you get older you see where you can't do the same things you used to. That's just part of life.

16th Jul, 2014 - 5:14pm / Post ID: #

For me its not about your age but your outlook on life. Positive people tend to be happier no matter what their situation or age. Check your own thoughts to see if you're mostly a negative or positive person. Make sure you are thinking positively each day, looking for the brighter side and you will see that depression disappear.

Post Date: 20th Sep, 2014 - 11:27pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Yes, it is normal for people to feel depressed about getting older. As the body ages, parts of the body break down and begin to hurt. It just gets worse as one gets older. It would be very difficult for someone to be in constant pain all day long and not get depressed.

Also, pain is only part of the problem. Losing the ability to move around and being forced to depend upon the assistance of others for normal everyday tasks like getting dressed and using the bathroom can be extremely embarrassing and stressful. If one lives like this for a prolonged period of time with no hope of ever being self-dependent again, then the feelings of hopelessness may develop into depression.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Older You Get The More Depressed You Are

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,