Spelling - We Can't Read You! - Page 2 of 8

I usually get flustered as well with all the - Page 2 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 25th Jul, 2004 - 7:05pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (8) »

?
Poll: Do you use the forum spell checker?
  Yes, everytime I post       43.24%
  Yes, some of the time       27.03%
  No, I always forget       0.00%
  No, I can spell really good       29.73%
Total Votes: 37
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
How do they spell that word again?
12th Mar, 2004 - 10:32pm / Post ID: #

Spelling - We Can't Read You! - Page 2

While we are correcting stuff, the proper grammar for the survey would be --- "No, I can spell really well"

Hey! No fair! JB starts to do an advanced search for all mistakes of Farseer and Tenaheff laugh.gif

Now I am wondering if anyone else uses this feature. One thing I like about the spell checker is the immediate links to the dictionary and thesaurus.

Sponsored Links:
12th Mar, 2004 - 10:40pm / Post ID: #

You Read Cant - Spelling

One thing I like about the spell checker is the immediate links to the dictionary and thesaurus.

I hadn't noticed this feature. I end up going to dictionary.com when I need this service. I will have to pay closer attention next time I do a spell check and try these features.

Now I am wondering if anyone else uses this feature.

Although I don't use the spell checker with every post, I really do love it. When I am not sure how to spell something, it is much easier to run the spell checker than go to dictionary.com to look it up. It is a great feature to have when you really need it. I would miss it, if it went away.

13th Mar, 2004 - 3:45pm / Post ID: #

Spelling - We Can't Read You! UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

international QUOTE
Hey! No fair! JB starts to do an advanced search for all mistakes of Farseer and Tenaheff
laugh.gif JB, we're not ganging up on you -- after all, YOU started this thread.

I also did not know that the spell checker had links to a thesaurus and dictionary! That's a great tool -- thanks JB.

13th Mar, 2004 - 3:56pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 You Read Cant - Spelling

Yeah, yeah, I know you two are just out to get me wink.gif Better be careful, I will be on the lookout now and have set the script to highlight in florescent pink with bold underline spelling, grammar and word repetition for users: Tenaheff and Farseer laugh.gif

Try this link which shows you a graphic...

FAQ About Spell Checker

Post Date: 15th Mar, 2004 - 2:33am / Post ID: #

Spelling - We Can't Read You!
A Friend

You Read Cant - Spelling

I use to be a real stickler for correct spelling. Then I joined this International Forum, where the members are from all over the world and where English is a second and sometimes a third language for them. As long as I understood what they were saying, then I ignored the poor spelling. Yet when certain words are purposely misspelled again and again (example: yuo, u,) and poor (rotten) grammar is used constantly, then it is MOST irritating. To the extent where I won't even read the posts. That person may even be saying something good,& thought provoking, but the constant bad spelling and bad grammar is keeping me away.

I also feel intimidated when vowels are not used, Example: lstn ppl, (listen people), or when there is an extensive use of slang. Why is it? To appear Hip, or cool, or to be understood by just an elite few?

The name of this thread is: We Can't Read You. It could also say, We Can't Understand A Word You Are Saying.

JB, I love the spell checker, please don't ever get rid of it. Is it i before e except after C= or is it... Those darn words that have *ie* and *ei* in them.

Reconcile Edited: AGene on 15th Mar, 2004 - 2:35am

25th Jul, 2004 - 5:50am / Post ID: #

Spelling - We Can't Read You!

I'll admit it, I use spell checker every time I post. I also admit to being a terrible speller. I never have been good at it. It could be that I have a slight case of dyslexia and sometimes see words differently than other people. I actually have more trouble with simple words than long ones, go figure. As for other peoples' spelling errors, well most of the time they don't bother me. I do get a little bugged at the laziness of not using capitals, i for I, and so on. I think it makes the poster seem very young and undisciplined. Oh, and in case you're wondering I will be spell checking this post too. laugh.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
25th Jul, 2004 - 5:32pm / Post ID: #

Spelling - Can't Read You! - Page 2

I would consider myself good at spelling; it is something I take pride in. With that being said, I have posted quite a few times, and after the post was submitted, found a couple of misspellings. Those I would attribute to haste in typing my thoughts; which can sometimes flood my brain faster than I can type. I have used the forum spell checker a few times for words that I wasn't sure of, and I think it is a great tool to have.

Offtopic but,
One thing that always gets me on the forum is when I post a new topic and try to use more than one capitalized letter in a row in the title. The second and subsequent letters always get set to lowercase. I understand the need for it, but it really gets to me, especially when you can't edit the topic title. See my recent Star Wars post for an example of this. Rant off tongue.gif

25th Jul, 2004 - 7:05pm / Post ID: #

Spelling - Can't Read You! Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 2

I usually get flustered as well with all the posts I have to keep track of, not to mention the RPGs, not only do I have to end up checking my own writing, but the writing of others to make sense of it all.

Offtopic but,
spock.gif Isn't that covered in the FAQ? Ummm... that is for those who like to start topics like this: 'I AM SILLY BECAUSE I TYPE IN ALL CAPS.' Now you did say one thing that is not true...
The second and subsequent letters always get set to lowercase
The first letter in a word is allowed to be upper case, therefore the easy way around this is to simply place a space between each letter. There are actually very few reasons you would need more than one letter in uppercase within a 'word', if it is initials then try placing the whole word or leave a space..

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (8) »

> TOPIC: Spelling - We Can't Read You!

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,