Monopoly Board Game

Monopoly Board Game - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 14th Jun, 2004 - 6:40pm

Register Login Text RPG Play Text RPG ?     New: 6 29 75 Why Join Help Register/Login via:Register/Login via:
Welcome Guest

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Discuss  Monopoly Board Game
Post Date: 12th Mar, 2004 - 2:58pm / Post ID: #

Monopoly Board Game

One of the most popular family board games is Monopoly. Now there are so many versions and variants of it. Look at the picture below... That is Simpsons Monopoly. Also available: Star Wars, Spider-Man, X-Men and more...

Do you like this game? Do you still play it?

Attached Image
Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 14th Mar, 2004 - 2:44am / Post ID: #

Diamond + Chief
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 5,097
Avg: 1.3 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 33.9%
[+] Gain: 1,203.00 FP
Charm: 300

Game Board Monopoly

Oh, my gosh, my family used to play Monopoly all the time when we were kids. In fact, one of my sisters used to "flip" the board over if she was losing or otherwise not happy -- we can laugh about it now, but boy we used to get so mad at her.

Yes, the original is the best.

There is also a PC game called "Monopoly Tycoon" that is kind of cool to play - similar to the board game except you get to build neighborhood stores and such and see the buildings and the people. We have fun with that, my son and I.

Roz

Post Date: 15th Mar, 2004 - 5:00pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + G.I. Jane
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 3,057
Avg: 0.8 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 20.7%
[+] Gain: 200.00 FP
Charm: 182

Monopoly Board Game Reviews RPG & Card Board

I love Monopoly. I remember sitting through a few Typhoons when I was stationed in Okinawa with nothing but the Monopoly board to pass the time. We were confined to the barracks because of the weather. Only one english station on TV, no work, C-rats for food. A number of us would sit around and play Monopoly day and night. It was loads of fun.

Post Date: 22nd May, 2004 - 2:19pm / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 17,348
Avg: 3.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 97.0%
[+] Gain: 990.51 FP
Charm: 334

Game Board Monopoly

I LOVE Monopoly. I always make sure I can build as many Hotels as possible. I love to play this game with my husband and watch his face when I collect rent lol

Post Date: 7th Jun, 2004 - 7:49pm / Post ID: #

Grouptt
Monopoly Board Game
A Friend

Game Board Monopoly

hi please tell me about the history of the monopoly game by how did the game start

Post Date: 10th Jun, 2004 - 10:58am / Post ID: #

Diamond + G.I. Jane
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 3,057
Avg: 0.8 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 20.7%
Charm: 182

Monopoly Board Game

I don't know how it started, but how about if you tell us if you like the game? Have you every played it? If so, what character do you like to be when you play? I am always the dog. What are your favorite properties to purchase? Mine are the red ones, I don't remember their names but the are on board on the opposite side of connecticut (which is light blue) right around the corner from St James Place (orange).

Post Date: 10th Jun, 2004 - 4:05pm / Post ID: #

Member + Agent Zapper
[?] CPosts: 3,709
Avg: 0.9 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 22.4%
[+] Gain: 224.48 FP
Charm: 149

Monopoly Board Game

The Original Monopoly game was the first ever board game I had. I played it religiously every week. My favorite game piece was the car, and my favorite property was, of course, Boardwalk. I did enjoy purchasing the railroads also. I believe I still have the game in a box in the basement somewhere. Tenaheff, the red properties you are referring too are Kentucky, Indiana and Illinois Ave's, I think :-/

Post Date: 14th Jun, 2004 - 6:40pm / Post ID: #

Member Veteran
[?] CPosts: 415
Avg: 0.1 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 2.2%
Charm: 48

Monopoly Board Game

I used to love Monopoly as a kid, but can't stand it now. I think my main objection is it just takes forever to play. There are some ways to speed it up but I never liked playing it that way. A good strategy is to get monopolies on some less expensive properties and improve them. I always did good with New York, Tennesee and St. james, as well as Conneticut, Vermont and Oriental. It takes less cash flow to get hotels on these and you can build wealth from here. Too many people make the mistake of going after Boardwalk and Park Place. You never have the financial ability to build from there, and end up losing your shirt.

Guest please SHARE: "Monopoly Board Game" on:

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Sponsored Links:

If Monopoly Board Game is not what you are looking for then you may wish to Start A NEW Topic.
Options Fast Reply Add Reply Add Poll

No Registration Required!

We welcome input from visitors:
Add Comment As A Guest
Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: Monopoly Board Game

Share:

Like:

Donate Compare Membership
International Discussions Coded by: BGID® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2018
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits

RPG Info

Latest Game Topics

Highlights

Over Reliance On The Game Master To Have Fun: The Game Master only creates the setting, you decide how to have fun in it! By KNtoran 7th May, 2018 - 8:04pm
Players Waiting On Players Syndrome: As a Player you can take the initiative in a game, do not be shy. By JoePublic 7th May, 2018 - 2:01pm
Looking For Committed Game Masters For JB's Boards: If you are a committed Game Master then you might like to share your skills! By Krusten 30th Apr, 2018 - 3:37pm
Text RPG Character Creator: This custom program is the foundation of how all the RPGs function here. By JB 14th Feb, 2018 - 8:37pm
RPG Etiquette: Do you think there should be a standard, is there a standard? By play by post 22nd Dec, 2017 - 7:40pm
What Kind Of RPG Experience Are You Looking For?: When you come here to role-play what are you expecting from the game? By KNtoran 10th Sep, 2017 - 3:16am
Can One Player And A Game Master Carry A Game?: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By OrkSlobber 10th Sep, 2017 - 12:28am
Debate: Play By Post vs Table Top Rpgs: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By KNtoran 9th Sep, 2017 - 11:05pm
Text RPG Creator Character Switching: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By JB 14th Apr, 2016 - 11:47am
Dependable RPG Players: When you go to war do you want a fellow soldier or flaker on your side? By JB 6th Jan, 2016 - 10:10pm

Updated every: 59 minutes