Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter

+  1 2 

?
Poll: Were you able to beat our in-house Chess game against the Computer the first time you tried it?
  Yes       100.00%
  No       0.00%
Total Votes: 3
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Discuss  Chess Moves Opening, Middle and Closing Game Chess Discussion. Tell us what you think works for you as well as Discuss the pros and cons of other famous Chess moves.
Post Date: 12th Mar, 2004 - 3:03pm / Post ID: #

Chess Moves

Chess Moves

Do you play the game of Chess? It is also referred to as the game of intellectuals. This thread has been started to discuss good opening moves, developments in the middle game and end. You may also wish to discuss tournament play.

NOTE: If you are a Member of the Community you can play Chess too. You can test Opening Moves against the Computer: here

Chess Moves
Chess Moves (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
16th Mar, 2004 - 5:35pm / Post ID: #

Moves Chess

I have many openings that I like to use... although they say the best form of defense is to attack, I often find my style of play very defensive, just waiting for the offensive player to make a mistake. This style of play is fine and can get you far, but not against an advanced player. I actually used to play for the school chess club in Trinidad and the US.

4th Apr, 2004 - 3:54pm / Post ID: #

Chess Moves Reviews RPG & Card Board

I was in chess club in "junior high" school -- age 11 to 13. Right around that time, I discovered "boys" and so chess went right out the window, unfortunately. I was never that great of a player anyway, so no great loss there.

I taught my son to play when he was six and he was also in chess club in his teens. He still plays occasionally, but he focuses more on RPG than anything else these days.

Post Date: 22nd Jun, 2004 - 2:35pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Moves Chess

IT'S YOUR MOVE -- CHESS IS MORE THAN JUST A GAME; IT DEVELOPS ANALYTICAL SKILLS FOR LIVING

Ramiro Zapana devises his plan soon after the first pawn moves. He is quick to formulate his offense as piece after piece leave the board. He fortifies his defense by strategically moving his castle, knight and bishop. He knows what moves he'll make long before he makes them.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...71451%2C00.html

Post Date: 21st May, 2005 - 4:01pm / Post ID: #

Chess Moves
A Friend

Moves Chess

I've had an on-again, off-again romance with the game. During the times when I'm focused on it I become extremely single-minded in my devotion to the game, spending several weeks in studying classic games and theory. I've never kept that intensity for more than a few months at a time. Inevitably, my mind will wander to another of my passions and it will be a year or two before I go back to it.

22nd May, 2005 - 11:46am / Post ID: #

Chess Moves

I really like chess, but lately I played just occasionally. My father taught me to play and at the age of 14 I used to constantly beat him. At the University I had a friend and we played on and on, sometimes till the morning. We were about the same "calibre". After I finished my studies I stoped playing (I started to work). As for my style of playing ... I like to play offensive, sometimes I "risk" too much ... I like to feel the adrenalin rush after I think of a combination and I wait my opponents move.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 28th Jun, 2005 - 9:31pm / Post ID: #

Chess Moves
A Friend

Chess Moves

I was wondering if there was such thing as "beginner's luck" in chess. I played a game of chess against a friend of mine who I would consider quite academic and definitely more academic than I am. He would pride himself on how many of his/our friends he had won against and I had played no more than 4 or 5 games in my life before this game yet I won. So in your opinion could it be beginners or was he out smarted or would you have to witness the play to determine?

28th Jun, 2005 - 10:28pm / Post ID: #

Chess Moves Board Card & RPG Reviews

What I see is that sometimes beginners are using such basic moves and strategy, that the more experienced player is looking for the more complex, and the beginner just slips the win in under the radar (so to speak).

One of my cousins is a world class chess player. One time, we were playing a "timed" game. He made an illegal move, and I noticed it two moves later. I won the game by default. There is no way that I could ever have actually beat him.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Chess Moves

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,