Non-player Characters

Non-player Characters - World of Medieval PBP RPG - Posted: 12th Mar, 2006 - 10:55pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric

Closed
Need someone for hire? A guide to those NPCs that suddenly appear from nowhere.
12th Mar, 2004 - 11:11pm / Post ID: #

Non-player Characters

The Game Master says...

Non-Player Characters

In an effort to help players who need that extra nudge I have introduced non-player characters (NPCs). They are given this name because they are not controlled by the players, but operate on a closer relationship than those within the scenario.

First of all, let me tell you that this is not really to my liking (having NPCs in the game) and I will only allow this option in the case of small parties that cannot find players.

Here are some possible questions:

Q. How do we hire NPCs?
A. It is a case of 'we will contact you' and not 'you contact us'. In other words, if the GM feels that you need help then he will introduce a NPC. The introduction will be made in the camp.

Q. Can we choose who will want to work with us?
A. No, this is totally up to the GM.

Q. How many NPCs are there?
A. There are many, but do not hold your breath waiting for that special NPC to serve you.

Q. Are NPCs free?
A. No! They, like anyone else in this game, would rather gold than a simple 'Thank You!' They will inform you of their terms.

Q. How do we know if an NPC is up to trickery?
A. You do not. NPCs can be for or against you like any other character in the game.

Q. Can we know a bit about each NPC?
A. Yes, see below threads.

Q. If an NPC dies in the game how is it possible that they reappear?
A. The exact same NPC does not resurrect, one similar to the last may come your way, but with no knowledge of your previous success or failure.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 12th Mar, 2004 - 11:19pm / Post ID: #

Middle Ages Facts

Characters Non-player

I be 'Horde' and don't expect much talk from the likes of me. I stand taller than the average lad and meh mum, bless her soul, always said that I was born tough as nails. My motto be simple, 'Brake Bones and Conquer!' and ye be right if ye run like deer now if ye don't like the smell of my long red beard. I be well trained in the sword and axe and thirst for a good drink after battle so make sure ye have a good skin or two ready.

Post Date: 13th Mar, 2004 - 4:58pm / Post ID: #

Conspiracy

Non-player Characters RPG PBP Medieval World

Quick as a passing wind and just as unseen I can be in the shadows and in your darkest dreams. I am not here to socialize or make any friends, for my job is one thing simple and that is to make all men tremble. Hire me if you will, but expect no favors for I work alone and I am quite able. If when we are through you are still alive, know that I spared yours for another enterprise.

Post Date: 15th May, 2004 - 7:26pm / Post ID: #

Characters Non-player

Maidens I help first and the children without a doubt, for that which hurts them also hurts me and my sword will do justice to any foe, be it red dragon or dark demon I care not, they must perish.

Post Date: 21st Jan, 2006 - 10:17pm / Post ID: #

Characters Non-player

I am as my name represents - a Scout. I know the Village well and surrounding areas I have passed through. I am impartial and neutral to most things and decisions, but for a price I will not lead thee astray, thou hast my word.

Post Date: 12th Mar, 2006 - 10:55pm / Post ID: #

Non-player Characters

Wanderer I am, and that is all ye need be knowing. What I can do may surprise thee, but is not meant to harm ye, well unless, ye become a blundering idiot in my way. I despise the distasteful arrogance of the male and will quickly cut him down to size unless he understands my superiority over him.

My actions be swift and my judgement like a snake, fight with me if ye will and do not shake or tremble less I end thy misery upon this land.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Non-player Characters

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,