Superboy

Superboy - Comic / Anime PBP RPGs, Reviews - Posted: 8th Jun, 2004 - 12:45am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Now I'm a bit confused. Superman is Superboy's mentor? I thought Superboy was Superman at a younger age.
Post Date: 14th Mar, 2004 - 3:21pm / Post ID: #

Superboy
A Friend

Superboy

Superboy

Sorry to sidetrack, but you two seem to know a little about DC comics. A new Superman/Batman comic issue has this plot:

"Robin and Superboy takes the spotlight in this special issue drawn by Transformers artist Pat Lee! The pair deals with the recent shocking revelations about Superboy's true origins. Will they let their mentors know?"

Now I'm a bit confused. Superman is Superboy's mentor? I thought Superboy was Superman at a younger age. I haven't read Superman comics since I was a kid, but I never remembered it like this. What's going on?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 14th Mar, 2004 - 3:30pm / Post ID: #

Superboy
A Friend

Superboy

I know that superman hadn't fully recognized his true powers till the end or out of highschool, and didnt start saving people until early adulthood. With that, I would assume that superboy is just another sidekick, seeing that superman was never a superboy. (Unless they want to say that 18-20 and up is a boy) Sorry, if that dosen't make too much sense.

Post Date: 14th Mar, 2004 - 5:06pm / Post ID: #

Superboy
A Friend

Superboy Reviews & RPGs PBP Anime / Comic

Nah, you're probably right. I guess I didn't comprehend the whole story when I was a kid. Superman was actually my favorite comic before could to read. When I finally learned how, I had to read all the comics over again, 'cause the stories were suddenly completely different.

Post Date: 20th Mar, 2004 - 6:43am / Post ID: #

Superboy
A Friend

Superboy

From what I gathered...the Superboy of the comics now is a clone...both of them are I think...there's one that's a clone of Lex and Superman and the other is just a clone of Superman...or something like that. I probably got all the stories mixed together.

The "cool" one with the peirced ear and leather jacket was the old superman clone and the newer one lives with Clark's folks with the black superman shirt and the blue jeans. Hopefully someone else can clear this up...hehe...or maybe not sad.gif

21st Mar, 2004 - 2:40am / Post ID: #

Superboy

Superboy is Clark Kent as a teenager. When the Superman comic series copyrights was not in hands of Salkins anymore, they decide to create Superboy (Superman as a teenager) but two years before, the guys that were holding the rights of Superman at that time make sure that Superman did not have a past as a teenager in the Comic. If you read the comics you will notice that Superman did not show his power until he move to Metropolis (yes, he was already an adult!). What can I tell ya, Superboy was just a good excuse to make some extra cash! that's why the comics are kind of confusing and some people may think both are different people but they're the same. The difference? well, the creators and copyrights! that's all.

Post Date: 21st Mar, 2004 - 8:14pm / Post ID: #

Superboy
A Friend

Superboy

If they're the same person, how can they appear in the same comic issue as mentor and student?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
30th Mar, 2004 - 8:25pm / Post ID: #

Superboy

If they're the same person, how can they appear in the same comic issue as mentor and student?

Because the creators of the comic did not want to make them the same person when they lost the rights for Superman! but everybody know they are the same person, just a copyright issue changed the whole thing.

8th Jun, 2004 - 12:45am / Post ID: #

Superboy Comic / Anime PBP RPGs & Reviews

Interesting enough, the Smallville TV series portrayal of SuperBoy made him to have a fear of heights, I am not so sure how close to the original that is, but it seems unlikely for the Superboy character.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Superboy

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,