Flash Or No Flash?

Flash Flash - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 5th Dec, 2005 - 8:44am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 

?
Poll: Do you rather simple web pages or vibrant ones?
  Web sites that just have a flash intro only       50.00%
  Web sites that do not use flash       16.67%
  Web sites that are totally built in flash       0.00%
  Web sites that have flash and HTML integrated equally       33.33%
Total Votes: 6
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Macromedia Plugin on web sites...
Post Date: 16th Mar, 2004 - 9:37pm / Post ID: #

Flash Or No Flash?

Flash is a plugin that allows you to see a web page with movement (animation or movie), but it can take long to download on dialup and can also be very distracting, but some people love it! What is your preference? See here for an example:

https://www.bordeglobal.net click 'Flash Theme'

Sponsored Links:
16th Mar, 2004 - 9:39pm / Post ID: #

Flash Or Flash

Personally I like flash, but it is fine as just an intro and then left there. having it bobbing around on every page can be too distracting (that is why advertisers probably love it).

Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2004 - 12:47pm / Post ID: #

Flash Or No Flash?
A Friend

Flash Or No Flash? Gaming Video & Issues Computer

I think if its done correctly, a full flash site is the way to go.

Now that you can make flash sites "dynamic" backed by PHP, ASP or CFM you can really do alot. The front time loading is still a problem, but personaly if i have to wait a alitte extra in the beging and once its loaded its all there, thats cool with me.

Really nice job to who ever made the 'Flash Theme', i like it alot, good job.

If you's have not played around with flash and PHP and want alittle hand or intro, drop me a line. The site in my profile is all flash backed by PHP, text files and linked into a IPB forum, all dynamic.

3rd Apr, 2004 - 1:20pm / Post ID: #

Flash Or Flash

Really nice job to who ever made the 'Flash Theme', i like it alot, good job.

That would be us wink.gif Thanks.

The front time loading is still a problem, but personaly if i have to wait a alitte extra

I think you are in the minority, to me flash appeals more to the younger generation and gamers... most of my corporate clients do not like waiting even for a background image let alone a flash intro. Sites made in just flash are totally anti-dialup users as well.

21st Aug, 2005 - 9:01am / Post ID: #

Flash Or Flash

I think if its done correctly, a full flash site is the way to go.

There are a few sites who do that, especially gaming sites, but I imagine it would also be possible to have a whole forum in flash files. I prefer not too much movement around, unless like JB said, it is just as an intro.

21st Aug, 2005 - 11:03am / Post ID: #

Flash Or No Flash?

I imagine it would also be possible to have a whole forum in flash files.

Yes, it is possible to have a whole Community done in Flash. I have seen it done with PHPBB, but it is of course limited in certain aspects. If there was ever a version for our backend engine then I would look into it for sure.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 2nd Nov, 2005 - 3:52pm / Post ID: #

Flash Or No Flash?
A Friend

Flash Or Flash

I'm a big fan of hybrid flash sites. I don't particularly like all-flash sites (which generally are not browsable by the blind who use screenreaders). They are also much more time-consuming to build.

HTML-based sites are available to larger audiences and can be enhanced with Flash features. Also, Macromedia offers a code which allows people to view your flash enhanced site even if you don't have the flash player. It lets you substitute HTML-based code for Flash segments. Thus people who have the Flash Player can enjoy your site and those who don't use the Flash Player will also be able to enjoy your site without ever noticing anything missing.

My wife's supervisor last year was a blind man (since birth which I find amazing, especially since he is completely independent). He showed me how he browses the web and we tested my sites together. I realized that he couldn't browse through Flash sites because his screenreader couldn't pick up any info off the Flash segments. It would simply read 'Flash Object'. You can download a free screenreader for testing purposes called Window Eyes. It is only available for a few minutes from the time you open the program, but it resets every time you reboot your computer, thus giving you enough time to test your web pages.

Window Eyes Web Site

5th Dec, 2005 - 8:44am / Post ID: #

Flash Or Flash Computer Issues & Video Gaming

The wait for the Flash Macromedia to load is well worth it, it captures the mind's attention better than a still dull site. It would also help to draw in new members.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Flash Or No Flash?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,