TFP how long?

Tfp Long - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 27th Apr, 2004 - 6:32am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

21st Sep, 2002 - 12:45pm / Post ID: #

TFP how long?

For how long do you think a model should do TFP? (Trade for Pictures/Trade for Print)

Sponsored Links:
24th Sep, 2002 - 12:16am / Post ID: #

long TFP

TFP I believe should be used only for experience. New models will gain first hand knowledge of what its like to be infront of a camera. Most of the time the photographer is also trying to get established or build a portfolio and is learning just as much as the model. However, when confidence is strong being a paid model  should be the reason you model in front of any camera. A time frame cannot be given, because everyone 'acts', 'reacts' differently.

25th Sep, 2002 - 12:04am / Post ID: #

TFP how long? Sports & Fashion Music Movies

True...but what about if when you become a super model a very famous and known photographer wants to do TFP with you? Should I say no???

25th Sep, 2002 - 2:32am / Post ID: #

long TFP

If you are known already then you would have to see what the deal is.. if it is going to give you the 'edge' on something you want then sure, but most likely the photographer might benefit more than you.

25th Apr, 2003 - 10:02pm / Post ID: #

long TFP

:spock: LDS_forever, I bet you wish there was such a thing as TFP in Trinidad huh? The photographers here are too cheap for that sort of thing.

Post Date: 21st Oct, 2003 - 11:54am / Post ID: #

TFP how long?
A Friend

TFP how long?

I am a: Photographer

I think it really boils down to what the interested parties are after and usually I find it's the ongoing need to try something new and interesting.
Some of the models I do TFP's with are experienced enough to rely on paid work only but still do TFP's sometimes just for the experience of working with someone new or they share common creative visions with a photographer and wish to explore that avenue.
Sometimes thay want to expand their already vast portfolio by trying a different style of shoot just to gain a new experience. :happy:  

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 12th Dec, 2003 - 2:28am / Post ID: #

TFP how long?
A Friend

TFP long

Simply put, TFP is a trade. You each gain something from the experience. The question to ask yourself and the photographer in question is: What do I gain from this experience that should make it a fair trade?

Where am I going with this? Well, you need to know what the photogrpaher intends to do with the print after he gets it. What if I offered you a TFP and told you that my intention was to print it on the cover of Vogue? Would you feel you have to get paid? What if I told you the going rate for the cover of Vogue is only $500?

Sounds crazy, right? Vogue can surely pay more for the cover than $500 (and that's the total for both photographer and model)? Well, of coarse than can pay more, but why do they need to. Getting the cover of Vogue is well worth it in terms of exposure for both photographer and model. No other payment is really needed in that case.

So, is your photographer offering you something that is of enough value that payment is cash is not so interesting? Exposure is usually the answer for an experienced model, whereas simply a copy of the photos is enough to satisfy a new model. If the reason is there, don't hesitate in doing it. There's no reason to feel you need to paid for a job today just because the one last weekend paid you $1000. See what you are getting, and if its worth it to you, go for it!

Craig

Post Date: 27th Apr, 2004 - 6:32am / Post ID: #

TFP how long?
A Friend

TFP long Movies Music Fashion & Sports

I have done several TFP shoots and the time varies with each photographer. I have never gone over 3 1/2 hours though. The lenght of the session will aslo varie on the experience of the model and the photographer. The connection the at both the model and photograpgher have as well. Also, depending on the type of looks you are looking for and how many, are they all to take place in the same area?, outdoors/indoors?....... is the studio somewhat set up ? So many things will play a part in how long a session can last.

Nicole

> TOPIC: TFP how long?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,