Dungeons & Dragons (paper)

Dungeons Dragons Paper - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 15th Apr, 2005 - 3:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

13th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric

+  1 2 3 
Also:Dungeons & Dragons or Dungeons & Dragons as it is popularly known.
18th Mar, 2004 - 7:26pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons and Dragons has to be the most popular Role Playing Game ever. It is so widely known that most people who only know something about RPGing will refer to RPGs as 'Dungeons and Dragons'.

D&D or AD&D is based on creating a character using a sheet and dice and then playing him/her in an imaginary world setup by a DM or Dungeon Master. It involves from two to 'x' amount of players although more than 10 can be sometimes a burden on the DM.

This was my first RPG and ever since I have been hooked. Of course I have matured into my own RPGs: Medieval, Future Earth and Love & Life Bytes.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Oct, 2004 - 11:10am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

paper Dragons and Dungeons

GAMERS MARK 30 YEARS OF DUNGEONS & DRAGONS

Dungeons & Dragons players gathered in game stores around the country Saturday to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the grandfather of fantasy role-playing games -- a pop culture phenomenon that has influenced myriad video games, books and movies.

Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/10/16/dung...s.ap/index.html

3rd Nov, 2004 - 7:17pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons (paper) Reviews RPG & Card Board

wow, I never played D&D. Can you play it online, or is it only a board game?

3rd Nov, 2004 - 7:45pm / Post ID: #

D&D or AD&D is not even a board game. It is a real RPG. The players keep all sorts of records on their characters, primarily on paper. I am sure that many now keep their records on laptop computers.

AD&D is a fully customizable gaming system. The primary resources are the Dungeon Master's Guide and the Player's Handbook. There are hundreds of additional resources available, such as monsters guides, books specifically for certain races or player classes, non-player character (NPC) handbooks, prebuilt scenarios, etc.

I would say that most RPGs, whether online, self-contained computer games, board games, or other gaming systems are adaptations of AD&D (Advanced Dungeons and Dragons).

I haven't played in over 20 years. My 14 year-old son is currently involved in a game.

Post Date: 26th Nov, 2004 - 10:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I recently joined a D&D group about 3 months ago. We've become really close and I was immediately welcome into the group. It is really hard to function with more than 6-7 people because of how long it takes a round, but at the same time, you can be your character in a different dimensia. You ARE your character when you sit around the game table. It's quite the experience.

Post Date: 1st Dec, 2004 - 12:22am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I have played D&D for many years. My stepfather used to play it with me and my siblings when I was younger. I am currently involved in a game with a group of friends from school. For me it is a way to become someone else for a little while. It is a way to escape all of life's problems and enjoy being someone completely different in a different world, that can only be imagined. It is definitely an addicting game. I am hooked. I have not played any of the other RPG but I would like to.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 19th Jan, 2005 - 12:21pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons paper

I used to play AD&D in high school, and for a little while after I joined the military, but just ended up stopping when the friends I used to play with and I could no longer 'get together'. I did play a few games back in 98, but that was the last time, although I do admit I miss it and wouldn't mind getting back with a gaming group, but that might be difficult because I live in a very rural area of Oklahoma right now, and it's not that common around here that I know of. Being disabled, I don't get out much.

Post Date: 15th Apr, 2005 - 3:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons paper Board Card & RPG Reviews

DnD is lots of fun I reccomend that you try it with your friends. It does require a huge commitment of time however, smile.gif but what else do you have to do?

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons (paper)

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,