Church Finances - Page 2 of 2

Church's Vaults Join Area 51 From - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 13th Aug, 2015 - 12:50pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Why it is done this way?
Post Date: 26th Mar, 2007 - 12:33am / Post ID: #

Church Finances
A Friend

Church Finances - Page 2

1. Do members have a right to know how their tithing is spent?

Others have said--and I agree--that the ones to receive it as the Lord's stewards have the responsibility for how it is disposed. I'd go further and ask that even if you knew that your tithing money was being mismanaged, would you still pay it? What if every time you handed your tithing check in, the Bishop just ripped it up and burned it?

Personally, I believe I'd keep paying it anyway, as long as I knew that I was indeed giving it to the Lord's authorized servants, because I believe the real spiritual benefits for the church are the blessings the Lord gives us for being obedience to the law of tithing. The fact that the money is actually useful in building up the temporal assets of the church is in my opinion a secondary happy side-effect.

2. Why does the Church invest in stock? Isn't that risky?

Remember that despite the way many people use the stock market, having stock really just means you own part of a business. I would compare owning stock vs. "playing the stock market" to converting currency vs. "playing the currency conversion market". I'm pretty confident the church invests in the businesses that the stock represents, not stock for its own market sake.

3. Are members so faithful that tithes outweigh global debt or does investment help?

My guess is that no matter what the tithes are (to some extent) they will outweigh global debt because the church would spent less if it received less. That might mean less buildings, less temples, less funds for ward activities, etc. On the other hand, if the church receives more, it's then better able to use those funds to good ends.

Anyway, just a few thoughts.

Reconcile Edited: tonberry on 26th Mar, 2007 - 12:34am

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 13th Aug, 2015 - 12:50pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Finances Church

Church's Vaults Join Area 51

From Fort Knox to the LDS Church's vaults in Little Cottonwood Canyon to the underground nuclear shelter at The Greenbrier, take a look at eight sites throughout the world that are or were heavily guarded. Ref. Source 8i

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Church Finances

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,