Forgive And Forget... Right?

Forgive Forget Right - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 10th Dec, 2016 - 3:31pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 22nd Mar, 2004 - 7:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Forgive and forget… right?

What if you can't seem to find it in you to forget… and when you let your mind wander, all you want to do is cry, because it still hurts. What if you've forgiven..but you just can't forget, and not forgetting is hurting you..

What do you do then? I thought forgiving someone was the last step..

So why does it still hurt so much?

Maybe I need to give it more time… for now, I'll just try to avoid the thought of it all, and smile.

God, if at all possible, please help me forget. Please.

Sorry for whining everyone.

Sponsored Links:
22nd Mar, 2004 - 9:24pm / Post ID: #

Right Forget Forgive

I don't believe in forgive and forget. Maybe we forgive, and don't bring it up against the person in the future, that is truly forgiving, but we can't forget it ever happened.

As far as getting over the hurt, that is something that takes time. You are on the right track when you choose not to think about it. I know from personal experience. The best thing you can do is put it in the back of your mind as much as possible. Don't allow yourself to dwell on it. There will be times when you won't be able to help yourself, but after a while, that gets easier.

It has just been a year for me (this week) and I am much better able to put it out of my mind now than I ever thought I would. It no longer makes me cry, but if I allow myself to think about it, it still hurts. It still makes me angry. I am not sure it will ever stop hurting totally, but the pain will be a duller, less sharp one as time goes by.

23rd Mar, 2004 - 8:28pm / Post ID: #

Forgive And Forget... Right? Beliefs Religious General

When somebody does something really mean to you, it is hard to not feel hurted, angry and bitter. Those are NORMAL feelings that any human being experienced once in their lives. As Tena said, time helps a lot and lots and lots and lots of work to keep your mind busy. Other thing? try to not go back to the same cicle of being hurt again.

3rd Jun, 2007 - 9:28pm / Post ID: #

Right Forget Forgive

It has been a lifelong lesson for me to learn how to forgive and forget. There are moments when someone you thought you could trust, turns around and does something that you may consider unforgivable. Your first reaction should be to feel upset and maybe even cry a lot. Believe or not, crying helps since this removes all toxins that are developed from anger, stress or nervousness. It is a great pity that when something negative happens, it becomes magnified and consumes our minds to the point that, all the good that the person has done immediately disappears! However, most of us have been socialized into understanding the importance of forgiving someone. From a religious perspective, forgiving an individual is healthy since it helps the soul to grow whereas holding a grudge, poisons an individual's mind and spirit. Forgiving and forgetting teaches us the importance of learning how to overcome obstacles in life. Dwelling on the pain that we feel after being betrayed, merely stunts our growth and prevents us from taking chances in life. Forgiving and forgetting are very important lessons for all to learn, since it reminds us that, human beings are not perfect.

Always remember that it is very therapeutic for anyone to talk about their negative experiences. And it always helps to turn to God, in our hour of need.

10th Dec, 2016 - 2:45pm / Post ID: #

Right Forget Forgive

I don't think its humanly possible to forget especially if what was done was terrible, but you can forgive. Forgiving is not so much about the person that harmed you as much as yourself. Forgiveness allows you to move on and reestablish yourself in society and before God. If you don't do it you become dark and maybe even vengeful.

Post Date: 10th Dec, 2016 - 3:31pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I believe in forgiving. Forgetting doesn't necessarily come with that. For minor things yes but not for more hurtful things. I don't think it's wrong to not forget something. All you can do is forgive and move on. Sometimes you shouldn't forget something. A trusted friend really betrays you. Someone you know God forbid assaults your child. Just because you forgive them doesn't mean you place yourself or your child in a position to be hurt again. Even though you shouldn't dwell on them there is nothing wrong with remembering them and not making that same mistake again.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Forgive And Forget... Right?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,