Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin

29th Mar, 2004 - 3:00am / Post ID: #

Cribbage

Cribbage is a really fun game, as long as both players understand how it's done. There is a lot of counting involved, it's a rather complicated sort of game play, and there's "pegging" on a little scoreboard to keep track of your points. If your opponent "pegs" past a certain point on the scoreboard before you get to "peg" any score, you are "SKUNKED!" It's pretty fun to play.

Roz

[...fifteen-two, fifteen-four....]

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 29th Mar, 2004 - 5:07am / Post ID: #

Cribbage
A Friend

Cribbage

My family has played Cribbage since ~ forever! I would sit on an adults lap and watch them play. As long as I kept quiet and kept my hands to myself I was allowed to stay.

I started playing when I was 7 years old. For the first year I was allowed to use props to count, like my fingers, or to count the spots on the cards. But when my school math grades dropped to near flunking, Dad set stern rules. I had to ante up each game: usually extra chores, and if he caught me using my fingers or counting the spots on the cards I automatically lost that game.

All summer we played Cribbage. An hours worth after breakfast, lunch and dinner chores were done. By the time school started, I knew my math. And not just addition and subtraction. Dad threw in multiplication and division. Because I had to be the score keeper. So many games won/lost times X amount of hours of chores. When I won, Dad had to do my chores!!

I absolutely love that game. Even though we were playing for something, and I lost often, we never played Cut Throat. If I missed my points, Dad showed me and made me take them. So in turn I paid close attention to his count and would alert him to any errors he might have made.
[5+5546 =???24]

12th Sep, 2005 - 1:42pm / Post ID: #

Cribbage Reviews RPG & Card Board

My mother used cribbage as a counting and adding game for me when I was 5 or so. She would let me "play" the crib and count the points. I have always like this game and play it on several gaming boards. We play it in 2, 3 and 4 handed versions. Would like to paly it with any of you ant any time.

Wyldehorse

> TOPIC: Cribbage

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,