Family Home Evening

Family Home Evening - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 14th Mar, 2006 - 2:53am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 

?
Poll: How often do you have Family Home Evening on average?
  Sometime twice a week!       0.00%
  Once a week on Mondays       44.44%
  Once a week on a day other than Monday       22.22%
  Every other week       22.22%
  Once every three weeks       0.00%
  Once a month       0.00%
  When we remember       11.11%
Total Votes: 9
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
What are yours like?
Post Date: 1st Apr, 2004 - 10:53pm / Post ID: #

Family Home Evening

We are counseled to have weekly Family Home Evenings. What do you do at yours and how often do you have it?

"If the Saints obey this counsel, we promise that great blessings will result. Love at home and obedience to parents will increase. Faith will be developed in the hearts of the youth of Israel, and they will gain power to combat the evil influence and temptations which beset them."

Quoted in part... (First Presidency letter, 27 April 1915 - Joseph F. Smith, Anthon H. Lund, Charles W. Penrose)

Ref. https://www.lds.org/hf/statements/0,16955,4232-1,00.html

Sponsored Links:
1st Apr, 2004 - 10:59pm / Post ID: #

Evening Home Family

Every Monday I get together with a friend whose children are all away - either college or missions, and whose husband is not home in time for FHE. She cooks dinner (awesome cook) and I give a lesson. Usually I lead a discussion on whatever I taught for seminary that week.

Occasionally I also am invited to the family of another friend for FHE and enjoy that as well.

Reconcile Edited: tenaheff on 1st Apr, 2004 - 11:00pm

2nd Apr, 2004 - 9:48pm / Post ID: #

Family Home Evening Studies Doctrine Mormon

I usually give the lesson because I love do it! smile.gif While I read scriptures and choose a lesson from the Family Home Evening Book, my husband spends time drawing pictures for my son. Then my son goes to sleep and my husband and I get together and play a Scripture card game really fun! tongue.gif

3rd Apr, 2004 - 5:37am / Post ID: #

Evening Home Family

We haven't been able to establish a regular FHE in our home yet. It's been something I've tried to do occasionally, and we nearly always get interrupted by something! Very annoying. And my daughter doesn't take it (or me, apparently) very seriously. So, I've been researching tips and topics. And just last night at Enrichment night, the theme was Family Home Evenings! Great tips from people who were raised in the church and have YEARS of experience growing up, and now with their own kids. I feel all "fortified" and ready to try again!

I'm also looking into arranging for Single Adults to have at least a monthly FHE as a group, and with our kids too. I think that would be very beneficial. (Unfortunately, now that I'm moving into a different ward I'll be released from that calling...but I hope to volunteer for the job in the new ward smile.gif )

Roz

Post Date: 10th Sep, 2004 - 11:13am / Post ID: #

Evening Home Family

"Happy homes come in a variety of appearances. Some feature families with father, mother, brothers, and sisters living together in a spirit of love. Others consist of a single parent with one or two children, while other homes have but one occupant. There are, however, identifying features which are to be found in a happy home, whatever the number or description of its family members. These identifying features are:

"A pattern of prayer.

"A library of learning.

"A legacy of love."

(Thomas S. Monson, "Dedication Day," Ensign, Nov. 2000, 65)

"Let us lower our voices in our homes. Let love abound and find expression in our actions. May we walk the quiet ways of the Lord, and may prosperity crown our labors."

(Gordon B. Hinckley, "An Humble and a Contrite Heart," Ensign, Nov. 2000, 89)

Post Date: 21st Jun, 2005 - 11:35am / Post ID: #

Family Home Evening

"Family home evenings should be scheduled once a week as a time for discussions of gospel principles, recreation, work projects, skits, songs around the piano, games, special refreshments, and family prayers. Like iron links in a chain, this practice will bind a family together, in love, pride, tradition, strength, and loyalty."
-- President Ezra Taft Benson, "Salvation--A Family Affair," Ensign, July 1992, 4

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 13th Mar, 2006 - 6:22pm / Post ID: #

Family Home Evening

"When I hear of a family breaking up, I question if family home evening and family prayers have been regularly held in that home. Surely, the most important ingredient in producing happiness at home for members of this Church is a deep religious commitment to God and His gospel. In family home evening, such commitment can be nurtured in children by the wise mature supervision of parents. Couples can strengthen and sustain each other in living and understanding gospel principles. Single members can gather under the direction of their priesthood leaders in small groups for gospel discussions and appropriate activities. Devotion to God developed in these settings seems to forge the spiritual moorings and stability that can help families and individuals cope with the complexities of life. Some may say this is an oversimplification of a very complex problem, yet I believe the answers lie within the framework of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ."
-- James E. Faust, "Enriching Our Lives through Family Home Evening," Liahona, June 2003, 3-4

14th Mar, 2006 - 2:53am / Post ID: #

Family Home Evening Mormon Doctrine Studies

When we lived next door to my parents last summer, we had FHE with them every week. Now we occasionally invite another couple over for FHE, but usually it is just the two of us. We take turns giving lessons, and usually play a game afterward. But we spend so much time together right now, I bet we will value the time together more later on when we have kids and my husband has a job to keep us busy and apart during the day. Now we eat breakfast together, go to school together, are seperate for a few classes, come home and eat lunch together, seperate for 1-2 more classes, are usually both home most of the afternoon and eat dinner together. Then there's the weekends. Life is pretty much great! But whenever it is time to send a baby down to us will not be too soon!

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Family Home Evening

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,