The Help

The Help - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 19th Mar, 2013 - 12:09am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 15th Aug, 2011 - 4:35pm / Post ID: #

The Help

Three very different, extraordinary women in Mississippi during the 1960s, who build an unlikely friendship around a secret writing project that breaks societal rules and puts them all at risk. From their improbable alliance a remarkable sisterhood emerges, instilling all of them with the courage to transcend the lines that define them, and the realization that sometimes those lines are made to be crossed-even if it means bringing everyone in town face-to-face with the changing times.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 23rd Aug, 2011 - 1:44am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Help The

The Help continues box office sweep

The Help continues to clean up at the box office, taking over the No1 spot with $20.5m in its second weekend. Ref. Source 7

25th Sep, 2011 - 6:19am / Post ID: #

The Help Sports & Fashion Music Movies

I originally listened to this on an audio book and really loved the story. The movie was good and they got most of it right. There was just an awful lot of book to squeeze into a couple of hours. Great story, but I recommend reading the book first. It's about white families in the South and their black maids who raised the kids and cooked and cleaned, and then were treated like dirt. The story features one of he white kids grown up who is a writer and wants to document how these black maids are treated. Now this was in the 50s/60s when it was dangerous for blacks to do anything like exposing the truth.

A few famous actresses - Cicely Tyson, Mary Steenburgen, and Sissy Spacek. I don't recognize any of the others.

The book I give 3 starblue.gif' /><!--endemo--> <br />The movie I give 2 </p><div> </div> </div>

<br>
<br>

<div style=

Post Date: 28th Feb, 2012 - 10:04pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Help The

Mixed emotions over The Help

Despite torrents of debate among African-Americans over the merits of the segregation-era movie The Help, most still hoped that Viola Davis, who plays a maid, would become just the second black winner of the best actress Oscar. Ref. Source 3

3rd Apr, 2012 - 12:46pm / Post ID: #

Help The

The Help is a great movie. The African Americans during that period were still being treated like slaves and yet America was supposed to be free. Its also sad to think that it wasn't too long ago and there are still some struggles like that today.

15th Apr, 2012 - 7:18pm / Post ID: #

The Help

After watching this film, I really want to read the book. It was an excellent film with an incredible cast of actors. Viola Davis and particularly Octavia Spencer (Academy Award winner for best supporting actress) were indeed remarkable.

An excellent film if you like history particularly related to racism back in the 1950's/60's in the US.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 19th Mar, 2013 - 12:09am / Post ID: #

The Help

The Help

What is your review for the entertainment value of the movie called, "The Help"?

The Help
The Help (Hover)

> TOPIC: The Help

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,