Wiccans - True Religious Order? - Page 3 of 6

QUOTE I have lots of Christian friends and - Page 3 - Studies of Dreams, Mystics, Paranormal - Posted: 9th Apr, 2004 - 7:44pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Witches, Wizards and just your average Joe or is there something more? Also includes: Pagan & Magick
8th Apr, 2004 - 5:31am / Post ID: #

Wiccans - True Religious Order? - Page 3

Did that answer you question?

Yes it does thanks, but another question comes to mind. If there can be so many 'inputs' in the belief system surely many of the members have varying ways of handling or doing things? If so, do you have some kind of leadership that controls this? What would you say is the ultimate goal of each member?
Offtopic but,
You may want to learn how to use the quote tags - check the FAQ board to learn how wink.gif

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Apr, 2004 - 6:03am / Post ID: #

Wiccans - True Religious Order?
A Friend

Order Religious True Wiccans

QUOTE (JB@Trinidad @ 7-Apr 04, 11:31 PM)
If there can be so many 'inputs' in the belief system surely many of the members have varying ways of handling or doing things? If so, do you have some kind of leadership that controls this? What would you say is the ultimate goal of each member?

To you first question, Yes.

To your second question, lots of Wiccans & Pagans belong to groups call covens. They help guide people along in their path. They don't really have a leader. Covens have elders in them. Covens are sort of like a group of church members. They get together to worship the god/goddess. It more like a family.

I call myself a Solitary becouse I do not belong to a coven.

To your third question, that depends on the person.

8th Apr, 2004 - 6:08am / Post ID: #

Wiccans - True Religious Order? Paranormal & Mystics Dreams Studies

So basically the order has in common all things based on the worship of a god or goddess? Other than that there are various ways of doing things? I guess it is a loose order then and there are no specific requirements to 'start' as it were save for what may be established by a Coven as you called it. How do such groups view the Bible and other religions?

Offtopic but,
You learn fast!

Post Date: 8th Apr, 2004 - 12:05pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 3 Order Religious True Wiccans

dragongoddss, what about the "after life" ?
Ive done some reading and know two people along the lines of Wiccans but never got into the after life. Does it just break down to energy, never ending just changeing ?

Thnks for the info you have already posted.

Post Date: 9th Apr, 2004 - 4:04am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Order Religious True Wiccans

JB@Trinidad wrote: "I guess it is a loose order then and there are no specific requirements to 'start' as it were save for what may be established by a Coven as you called it. How do such groups view the Bible and other religions?"

First, I never been in a coven so I don't really know what it's like. I only know what I have been told.

We feel you should be free to choose the religion with which you are most comfortable with, and if that is another religion then that's ok with us. We try to be respectful toward other religions, in hopes that they will do the same for us. Even if they don't you will find we are a very tolerant group of people.

Fluffy wrote: "what about the "after life" ?"

Most of us believe in reincarnation.
The Spiritual Growth concept of Re-Incarnation is in essence a training ground for the spirit. It allows the spirit to grow and learn so that it one day may enter the beautiful Summerland. A spirit will re-incarnate through just about all forms of different objects. This is done to allow the spirit to experience and learn that every object holds a value. Everything is a part of the creative life-force spirit. Should a spirit "fail" the lessons that should have been learned in any one stage, they will be reincarnated back into the same stage ... so that the correct lessons can be learned ... before it can move to the next stage.

Reconcile Edited: dragongoddss on 9th Apr, 2004 - 4:34am

9th Apr, 2004 - 11:06am / Post ID: #

We feel you should be free to choose the religion with which you are most comfortable with, and if that is another religion then that's ok with us.

Are there religious groups that are knowingly accepting of Wiccans or Witches? To me most religious groups of today seem to shun the idea of a 'witch among them' so to speak?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 9th Apr, 2004 - 6:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Wiccans True Religious Order - Page 3

QUOTE (JB@Trinidad @ 9-Apr 04, 5:06 AM)
Are there religious groups that are knowingly accepting of Wiccans or Witches? To me most religious groups of today seem to shun the idea of a 'witch among them' so to speak?

I'm sue there are. It's more of a personal thing. Most religions aren't accepting of each other. It really doesn't matter if you are a witch or not. Most people think if you aren't a follower of their religion, well then you are wrong. I guess it all depends on how tolerant a person is. I have lots of Christian friends and family who are ok with me being a Pagan.

9th Apr, 2004 - 7:44pm / Post ID: #

Wiccans True Religious Order Studies Dreams Mystics & Paranormal - Page 3

I have lots of Christian friends and family who are ok with me being a Pagan.

Yes I am sure, even I have nothing against you as a person and if that is your belief system then fine - I respect that, but what I am focusing on is what you said earlier:

We feel you should be free to choose the religion with which you are most comfortable with, and if that is another religion then that's ok with us

I am asking which religion will knowing accept this kind of thing... yes the members within it may be excepting of it, but that does not mean the religion itself is... for example: If you enter a Catholic Church or Muslim or Hindu and you tell them your beliefs and that you would like to be part of their organization and maintain theirs and your beliefs - then will they allow it?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Wiccans - True Religious Order?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,