Wiccans - True Religious Order? - Page 2 of 6

"What is the difference between Wiccans - Page 2 - Studies of Dreams, Mystics, Paranormal - Posted: 8th Apr, 2004 - 5:19am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Witches, Wizards and just your average Joe or is there something more? Also includes: Pagan & Magick
3rd Apr, 2004 - 3:36pm / Post ID: #

Wiccans - True Religious Order? - Page 2

As for it coming from Satan, that is a given (IMO), but then the same can be said for EVERY religious theology or philosophy other than the revealed religion directly from God. Every religion has elements that have come from, or been influenced by, the adversary - unless it is revealed directly from God.

True, but most christian religions do not accept witchcraft, spells, astrology and so on as part of their practises. The Bible specifically talks against these things and reading the believes of Wiccans, their believes are centered on these things.

This certainly doesn't invalidate Wicca as a religion, compared to any of the religions of today (other than that revealed religion).

Is it considered a legal religion in the USA?

Sponsored Links:
3rd Apr, 2004 - 5:24pm / Post ID: #

Order Religious True Wiccans

Is it considered a legal religion in the USA?

Actually, I believe that it is. I have heard of Wicca being a valid religion in prisons and possibly even in the military.

Post Date: 7th Apr, 2004 - 7:23am / Post ID: #

Wiccans - True Religious Order?
A Friend

Wiccans - True Religious Order? Paranormal & Mystics Dreams Studies

So you are interested in Wicca. What do you want to know? I prefer to call my self an Solitary Eclectic Pagan, or just a Pagan, but if I really had to put a name to what I believe it would probably be Wicca. Wicca is a legally recognized religion in the USA. If you are really interested in Wicca check out my web site. I have links to some great sites about it. Go to my page "My Other Pages".

Reconcile Edited: dragongoddss on 7th Apr, 2004 - 7:47am

7th Apr, 2004 - 11:15am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Order Religious True Wiccans

Dragongoddss, you may wish to look over the thread, everyone seems to be making assumptions about what the beliefs consists of, etc. Maybe you can clarify some of these things?

Post Date: 7th Apr, 2004 - 7:28pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Order Religious True Wiccans

Ok, most Wiccans & Pagans get offended when you say they are worshiping Satan. Satan belongs to the Christian religion. In Wicca there is no Satan.

Most Wiccans are ok with you calling them a witch, or saying that they are practicing Witchcraft.

The info below is from "Witchcraft: The Facts" by Rev. Norm Vogel.

1. Witchcraft means "Craft of the Wise Ones" and is also known as the "Old Religion". Its practices can be traced to Neolithic ("Stone Age") cave paintings. In early times, the Witch was the local lawyer, psychiatrist, and doctor. The field of modern medicine can trace its origins to the herbal medicines of the Witch.

Witchcraft is a nature religion, not unlike the shamanism of the Native Americans. As the concepts of male and female exist through-out life -- indeed, are necessary to create it -- most Witches perceive Deity as male and female: the Goddess and the God. Like the concept of the Trinity, these aren't "many" Gods; they are aspects of the ONE Creator.

The Goddess is seen as Mother Earth and Mother Nature, and is represented by the Moon. She is seen in the fertility of the plant, animal, and human kingdoms. Her power is at a peak in the "fertile half" of the year, from May until October.

The God is seen in the woodlands, the Sun, grain, & the hunt. Because most of the animals that prehistoric humans hunted had horns, He is usually depicted as the "Horned One". His power is at a peak in the "dark half" of the year, from October to May.

2. Witches don't do evil. They believe in the Wiccan Rede, which is "If It Harms None, Do What You Will". (In other words, "Dowhatever you want; just as long as it doesn't harm anyone -- including yourself "). But, Witches DO believe that it is moral to defend yourself against evil or physical (or psychic) attack.

Most Witches also believe in the "Three-Fold Law", which states that whatever you do -- be it good or evil -- comes back to you three times over, so (obviously) there is no incentive to do evil.

3. Witches do NOT believe in or worship Satan, and do not perform any sort of human or animal sacrifices. Satan is a relatively new concept that originated with Christianity & Zoroastrianism. Witches put the responsibility for our own actions squarely on whom it belongs: ourselves. Witchcraft teaches us to be responsible people who take responsibility for our own actions.

4. The Pentagram (a five-pointed star in an upright, one-point-up position) is the symbol of our religion. The top point symbolizes Spirit (the Creator) being 'above', or ruling, the Four Elements of Life -- Air, Fire, Water, & Earth -- which are the four lower points.

5. A male Witch is not a "Warlock". This is a Scottish term, meaning "traitor", or "oathbreaker". (A male Witch is a "Witch").

6. Witchcraft is a legal religion protected under the First and Fourteenth amendments.

We are non-proselytizing; we don't seek to convert anyone. We feel you should be free to choose the religion with which you are most comfortable.

7th Apr, 2004 - 8:59pm / Post ID: #

Thank you for explaining that. I was trying to explain the same concepts, but not being a practitioner or even a student, I have very limited information on the subject.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Apr, 2004 - 9:18pm / Post ID: #

Wiccans True Religious Order - Page 2

What is the difference between Wiccans & Pagans? You expressed there was a difference to me in one of your Emails.

Post Date: 8th Apr, 2004 - 5:19am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Wiccans True Religious Order Studies Dreams Mystics & Paranormal - Page 2

"What is the difference between Wiccans & Pagans?"

Sure pick a hard question. smile.gif Ok, lets see... Wiccans belong to the group of religious practices called Pagans. Pagans (with a capital P) have many earth centered religions in it. Like Asatru, Druidic, Wiccans, & Native American Spirituality.

Calling some one Pagan is sort of like calling some one Christian it's a general word for a grouping of similar religions.

I myself believe in a lot of the teaching of Wicca, but I also believe in some of the teaching of other Pagan religions. That's why I call myself eclectic. If I am forced to pick a name to what I believe it would be Wicca, because that is where most of my beliefs come from. But I like Eclectic Pagan much better.

Did that answer you question?

Also if you had the word, Pagan as a choice in "Religion / Belief System:" I would of picked Pagan first.

Reconcile Edited: dragongoddss on 8th Apr, 2004 - 5:33am

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Wiccans - True Religious Order?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,