174th Annual General Conference

174th Annual General Conference - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 4th Apr, 2004 - 10:25pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
4th Apr, 2004 - 2:53am / Post ID: #

What do you expect to get out of this General Conference... is there anything in particular you are hoping to hear from the Prophet? If you are reading this after the fact then please tell us what stood out to you from any speaker. Thanks.

Sponsored Links:
4th Apr, 2004 - 2:29pm / Post ID: #

Conference General Annual th

I always look for a change in the direction of the Church. I am still convinced that there has to be a major change in the Church before the very last days.

4th Apr, 2004 - 2:31pm / Post ID: #

174th Annual General Conference Studies Doctrine Mormon

What kind of change are you looking out for that would be announced at General Conference?

4th Apr, 2004 - 4:37pm / Post ID: #

I always look for a change in the direction of the Church

What kind of change are you looking for?.

4th Apr, 2004 - 5:31pm / Post ID: #

I don't know. Perhaps some reference to preparing to leave Babylon - physically. Perhaps something along the lines of President Benson's talks about pride and how we are under condemnation concerning the Book of Mormon.

I really expect, some day soon, to hear that the missionaries are being called back. But this might not happen until AFTER the saints are called physically out of Babylon, when the physical tribulations become severe.

However, General Conference just reinforces my belief that it is entirely up to each of us to prepare for these things, as the references to Last Days events are very vague. However, one of yesterday's discourses did focus on this subject, stressing how we need to prepare spiritually even more than physically, and how important it is to do so now.

4th Apr, 2004 - 5:54pm / Post ID: #

I just heard Pres. Hinckley's talk, to be honest, I love all the talks they usually give but what the Prophet has to say is what matter the most to me. With my humble knowledge of English I understood that he talked about the evil going on in the world. About the danger of self-righteousness. About us being the last chapter of the book of humanity and how grateful we should be because of it. He also said we have 'all revelations that are needed' and that we need to strive to live the Commandments and be the best people we can.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
4th Apr, 2004 - 6:54pm / Post ID: #

I'm still in packing and moving mode, so I haven't heard most of it yet. What touched me most (so far that I've heard) was this part of the closing prayer:

"... help us to be honest, to be kind, and to be more helpful..."

If only more people could do just *this* much...

Post Date: 4th Apr, 2004 - 10:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

174th Annual General Conference Mormon Doctrine Studies

I watched the first session this morning at Church. To me nearly every speaker emphasized Family. Then I listened via the Internet. I was in tears most of the time during the second session. Again, Family is the emphasis.

Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't the Quorum of the 12, & the 1st and 2nd Councilors ALL considered prophets, seers and revelators. Gordon B. Hinckley is THE President of the Church, and The Prophet, but the others are ALSO Heavenly Father's mouth pieces.

Thus what is said in these General Conferences is from the Lord. Not just what Gordon B. Hinckley says, but all the speakers.

LDS said:

With my humble knowledge of English I understood...

Via the internet you can listen to it in Spanish. Right now Saturdays sessions are ready for viewing and listening. I don't know when Sundays will be available.
Here is the link:
https://www.lds.org/conference/apr2004/arch...,5186-1,00.html

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: 174th Annual General Conference

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,