Magic - Magick 101

Magic Magick 101 - Studies of Dreams, Mystics, Paranormal - Posted: 22nd Apr, 2004 - 2:19am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
An illusion, a connection or a scam?
Post Date: 4th Apr, 2004 - 1:15pm / Post ID: #

Magic - Magick 101

The word 'magic' has been used for centuries to mean so many things. Some people tend to use the word at various levels:

* Magic as in the magician that makes colorful tricks
* Magic that is mystical and mysterious
* Magic that is of the devil
* Some use the word for things unexplained - 'It's Magic!'
* Magic in some cultures is a true art form

What is your view... Is there really something as 'magic'? How do we define it... Under what laws does it operate?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 4th Apr, 2004 - 3:05pm / Post ID: #

Magic - Magick 101
A Friend

Magick Magic

Magic as in slight of hand, tricks does exist. I am fascinated by this kind of magic. My Father did simple slight of hand ~ flip a quarter across his knuckles and then make it disappear, pull a nickle/dime/penny from things such as your knee,from your ear, or out of your pocket. He could also stack a deck of cards and deal you whatever he wanted you to have, winning hand, losing hand. He told us, that to spot a card shark you had to be a card shark. Though he never used this to his advantage.

In the early 70's I was in Las Vegas and went to a show featuring Blackwell, he is fabulous! I went to that show 5 times. To heck with the rest of Vegas, his show is all I wanted to see.

4th Apr, 2004 - 3:45pm / Post ID: #

Magic - Magick 101 Paranormal & Mystics Dreams Studies

I heard somewhere once that a sufficiently advanced technology-related "thing" can be viewed as "magic" -- such as the telephone or a camera or space travel to someone who has never seen or heard of such a thing.

I do believe that there are forces alive in this world that are magic -- I don't know how they work or the laws they are subject to. But there are too many unexplainable things that happen to deny the existence of it.

Sleight of hand I don't really consider magic -- that's just illusion -- great illusion, yes, but there isn't any unseen force responsible for making it happen.

I also believe a lot of "magic" is in the mind -- the strength of our own beliefs and superstitions is very powerful.

Post Date: 18th Apr, 2004 - 8:04pm / Post ID: #

Magic - Magick 101
A Friend

Magick Magic

QUOTE (Neo @ 4-Apr 04, 7:15 AM)
is there really something as 'magic'?

Yes, Wiccans and Pagans practice magic, but we spell it with a K (magick). Our magick is done by spells and prayers.

18th Apr, 2004 - 11:36pm / Post ID: #

Magick Magic

Dragongoddss can you elaborate more on that in your own words? Here are some questions I have:

1. Why do you spell it like that? (magick)
2. You say you use prayers, who do you pray to?
3. Can you give an example of a spell and how you see it executed?
4. What gives power for a spell to work? In other words, what govers the force for its use?

Post Date: 19th Apr, 2004 - 7:55am / Post ID: #

Magic - Magick 101
A Friend

Magic - Magick 101

international QUOTE
"1. Why do you spell it like that? (magick)"

So you don't get real magick confused with the magic of pulling a bunny out of a hat.

international QUOTE
"2. You say you use prayers, who do you pray to?"

The Goddess/God

international QUOTE

"3. Can you give an example of a spell and how you see it executed?"

Follow the link to go to "A Basic Candle Spell" by Me.

international QUOTE
"4. What gives power for a spell to work? In other words, what govers the force for its use?"

The Goddess/God is with in all things. Her energy is with in all of us. She gives us the power.

So basically a spell is just a way to enhance our prayers.

Spells help us meditate on what we would like to see happen or what we need. This mediation uses the energy within a person that is from the Goddess/God for the reason why the spell is being done.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 22nd Apr, 2004 - 2:07am / Post ID: #

Magic - Magick 101
A Friend

Magic Magick 101

I love what dragongoddss has said. I have been practicing Wicca for about two years know, and what dragongoddss has said is exactly what magick to the relgion of Wicca and Pegan is.

22nd Apr, 2004 - 2:19am / Post ID: #

Magic Magick 101 Studies Dreams Mystics & Paranormal

I visited the link you gave me and the description of the spell contains these words:

'Ask your deity to grant your desire.'

My question is... you do not indicate a particular deity, is it that any deity that the witch feels is correct is the one that you use to invoke for the spell? If that is correct then how many are there (deity) and how would a witch no if there magic is really from that particular deity?

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Magic - Magick 101

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,