Mormons: Pregnant Again Or Not? - Page 14 of 16

I was thinking about this topic the other - Page 14 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 16th Apr, 2014 - 1:25am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 16 pgs.  10 11 12 13 14 15 16 
Mormon Contraceptives
Birth control, condoms, etc. Controversial Mormon Issue.
14th Apr, 2014 - 2:18pm / Post ID: #

Mormons: Pregnant Again Or Not? - Page 14

That's exactly what it means. God doesn't want you to have a huge family and not be able to take care of them. The belief that we are COMMANDED to have a large family is false doctrine. Yes, we are to multiply and replenish the earth, This simply means that we are to have children, not to multiply and replenish the earth on our own. If you have more Children then you can handle then that is also a sin. If a man and woman can't take care of their children there is a chance the government will come in and take them away and declare you unfit parents. I've seen this happen many times. Life with in your means for you and your family.

Sponsored Links:
15th Apr, 2014 - 1:22pm / Post ID: #

Not Or Pregnant Mormons

Zelph, do you have any source material for all these declarations you are making of what is false doctrine and whether God is pleased or not?

15th Apr, 2014 - 5:22pm / Post ID: #

Mormons: Pregnant Again Or Not? Studies Doctrine Mormon

international QUOTE
The belief that we are COMMANDED to have a large family is false doctrine

I never said it was doctrine to have a large family. What I am saying is that the commandment of multiplying and replenish the Earth still in full force.

international QUOTE
This simply means that we are to have children, not to multiply and replenish the earth on our own.

The commandment was given to Adam and Eve and their family, that INCLUDES us.

Post Date: 15th Apr, 2014 - 9:29pm / Post ID: #

Page 14 Not Or Pregnant Mormons

Name: Fielding

Comments: It takes faith to believe God will make us able to afford the children who were predestined to come to our family. The Lord loves to try our faith.

Post Date: 15th Apr, 2014 - 9:55pm / Post ID: #

Not Or Pregnant Mormons

Name: KimB

Comments: My thoughts exactly! I am reading "Women and the Priesthood" by Rodney Turner right now. He points out so eloquently the importance of having a lot of children. I highly recommend this book. Also Brigham Young said:

international QUOTE
"It is the duty of every righteous man and woman to prepare tabernacles for all the spirits they can and not take a course that will tend to drive those spirits into the families of the wicked" (Discourses of Brigham Young, p. 197).
I do not want to get to the other side and have spirits that I had agreed to allow to come through me, ask me why I wouldn't let them come. It breaks my heart just thinking about it. Also, who is in control of the womb? Who decides whether or not a woman conceives? Is it mere chance? I think not.

16th Apr, 2014 - 12:19am / Post ID: #

Mormons: Pregnant Again Or Not?

Kim, thank you so much for sharing that quote of Brigham Young, it really answered a question of why there are so many beautiful kids who end up in families where they are tortured and abused and often killed. :'(

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 16th Apr, 2014 - 12:22am / Post ID: #

Mormons Pregnant Or Not - Page 14

Name: Fielding

Comments: I took a second look at the original question. I failed to stay focused on the question in my last post.

The reason many members frown on large families is because they are NOT AWARE OF The DOCTRINE. It is seldom preached these days, because the subject has become very sensitive.

I hope that is a better answer.

Happy_LDS:

Your comment about children coming to families where they are abused, tortured and even killed, sparked another comment by me. I have struggled with that myself. Helpless little children who have zero opportunity for any kind of a normal life. I love little children, and it hate what is happening.

I do not say I know the answer, but I believe basically they get a body so there is one to resurrect, and their opportunity will come to them in the next life. The Lord knows what he is doing even if we can't figure it out. Think of the millions who lived during the Dark Ages. Surely they will have their chance later.

16th Apr, 2014 - 1:25am / Post ID: #

Mormons Pregnant Or Not Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 14

I was thinking about this topic the other day, what do you all mean by faith? You mean let the people have kids regardless of their situation and have the Faith the Lord will provide or have the Faith the Lord will provide a way to have more children?

+  « First of 16 pgs.  10 11 12 13 14 15 16 

> TOPIC: Mormons: Pregnant Again Or Not?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,