Mormons: Pregnant Again Or Not? - Page 5 of 16

alskann: QUOTE I believe those decisions should - Page 5 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 8th Jun, 2008 - 2:56pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (16) »
Mormon Contraceptives
Birth control, condoms, etc. Controversial Mormon Issue.
28th Aug, 2007 - 8:07pm / Post ID: #

Mormons: Pregnant Again Or Not? - Page 5

Tortdog:

And that's where I got my question to have answered. What info is out there by the Church saying vasectomies are wrong? A friend of mine in a bishopric stated that he had seen material in CHI-1 that indicated something along those lines.

Errrr..I just posted. spock.gif Check my post before this one.

JB:

How can one say using a condom is wrong, but then choosing to have a vasectomy?

I think a vasectomy (for no medical purposes) is worst than a condom.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Aug, 2007 - 8:41pm / Post ID: #

Mormons: Pregnant Again Or Not?
A Friend

Not Or Pregnant Mormons

I totally mised those cites! My err.

Do you have CHI-1?

So those quotes are right from the CHI-1? If so, my wife is going to freak.

Reconcile Edited: tortdog on 28th Aug, 2007 - 8:42pm

28th Aug, 2007 - 8:45pm / Post ID: #

Mormons: Pregnant Again Or Not? Studies Doctrine Mormon

I found it online but I must confess I personally saw those quotes from the General Handbook itself some years ago.

Some links where they discuss the issue or quotes from the Church Handbook of Instructions:

https://www.mormonhaven.com/ofpolicy.htm#Sterilization

https://www.nil.wustl.edu/~kevin/pers/wums_lds_ethics.htm

https://www.lds-mormon.com/birth.shtml

Post Date: 2nd Jan, 2008 - 5:59pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 Not Or Pregnant Mormons

"Strip-mining scars the landscape, causes floods, and leaves an economic emptiness which haunts the coming generations. Similarly, unchastity leaves terrible scars, brings floods of tears and anguish, and leaves a moral emptiness. Significantly, both strip-mining and unchastity rest on a life-style which partakes of an "eat, drink, and by merry" philosophy-gouge and grab now without regard to the consequences! Both strip-mining and unchastity violate the spirit of stewardship over our planet and over person. *In such context, birth control pills are not a substitute for discipline. As one author observed, the coming of the pill may simply substitute a "copulation explosion for a population explosion."
Ref. Neal A. Maxwell, For the Power is in Them, p.2:

27th May, 2008 - 3:44pm / Post ID: #

Not Or Pregnant Mormons

I was just thinking, why is the Church really against a vasectomy? What is the difference between that and someone who chooses birth control for good?

Post Date: 30th May, 2008 - 8:57am / Post ID: #

A Friend

lds said:

What is the difference between that and someone who chooses birth control for good?

Even though a vasectomy may be reversible, the chance that it may not be reversible is, in my opinion, the point that speaks against it. Even though a member decides to use other birth control aids for the rest of their life, it is after all easier to change one's mind.

Vasectomy is, in my opinion, more definite. It is also a kind of signal you give both to yourself and those who get to know about it that one has made one's mind. There is, as far as I know, no specific reason as to why the Church is against it. As with many other issues, the Church only advises or strongly advises not to do it.

EJ

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
8th Jun, 2008 - 8:48am / Post ID: #

Mormons Pregnant Or Not - Page 5

Now, we are told it's a personal decision between the family and the Lord. So is this a revocation of earlier commands? Or is this recognition by the Lord's servants that we are not up to the task, and meant as counsel for the weak?

Or perhaps it is a return to the earliest commands of the Church, to the beginning where we were given choice. And then when the Church was restored, Joseph Smith said:
"I teach them correct principles and they govern themselves." (Journal of Discourses 10:57.)

From www.lds.org:
Decisions about birth control and the consequences of those decisions rest solely with each married couple.

I believe those decisions should be made for the right reasons and with thoughtful prayer and pondering. Then after the couple receives confirmation of their decision from the Lord they can go forward knowing they have made the right choice for their family. It is when decisions are made without the Lord's input that couples should worry about the consequences.

As President Kimball said,
Remember, God is in his heavens. He knew what he was doing when he organized the earth. He knows what he is doing now. Those of us who break his commandments will regret and suffer in remorse and pain. God will not be mocked. Man has his free agency, it is sure, but remember, GOD WILL NOT BE MOCKED.

8th Jun, 2008 - 2:56pm / Post ID: #

Mormons Pregnant Or Not Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 5

alskann:

I believe those decisions should be made for the right reasons and with thoughtful prayer and pondering. Then after the couple receives confirmation of their decision from the Lord they can go forward knowing they have made the right choice for their family. It is when decisions are made without the Lord's input that couples should worry about the consequences.

I was talking with my husband the other day about it, I was making the point that it is not that the Church changed his views about having as many kids as possible, it never did and the Family proclamation is the proof in itself. We are just given the choice to act upon what we already know is the right thing to do. After all, would Heavenly Father give a commandment that he knows we are unable to fulfill?

Also, it takes a big amount of Faith. If I have to really analyze my life right now I would say I could have afforded only one child and stop IF I had no Faith but I have three so far and they are all well fed, clothed and have a roof under their heads and of course plenty love. It requires a lot of Faith that the Lord will help you to provide for the Spirits he wants to send to Earth. Unfortunately, many has little Faith and these Spirits end up being send to homes where they are abused, etc just because the good homes with good parents no longer think they can have more kids. It is very sad.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (16) »

> TOPIC: Mormons: Pregnant Again Or Not?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,