Mormons: Pregnant Again Or Not? - Page 6 of 16

Of course it is between the Lord and the couple, - Page 6 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 7th Aug, 2008 - 1:27am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 16 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (16) »
Mormon Contraceptives
Birth control, condoms, etc. Controversial Mormon Issue.
8th Jun, 2008 - 10:15pm / Post ID: #

Mormons: Pregnant Again Or Not? - Page 6

To bring in a little 'light' moment I decided to bring in a "What If..." scenario. If Brigham were reading what some of us wrote I'm sure he would immediately file a political issue claiming that every condom should be appropriately labeled:

Mormons: Pregnant Again Or Not?
Mormons: Pregnant Again Or Not? (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
13th Jun, 2008 - 5:43am / Post ID: #

Not Or Pregnant Mormons

Good one JB! Thank God we don't live on those times anymore otherwise how many members would remain out of darkness? laugh.gif

1st Jul, 2008 - 4:20am / Post ID: #

Mormons: Pregnant Again Or Not? Studies Doctrine Mormon

I was just watching a show on TLC about this family who has 14 children. It is a series of shows about big families. I went online and I saw the page of one of those families featured and this scripture that touched my heart because all my kids are boys but of course it refers to all children:

Sons are a heritage from the Lord,
    Children a reward from him.
    Like arrows in the hands of a warrior
    Are sons born in one's youth.

Blessed is the man
    Whose quiver is full of them.
    They will not be put to shame
    When they contend with their enemies in the gate.

-Psalm 127:3-5

2nd Jul, 2008 - 8:14pm / Post ID: #

Page 6 Not Or Pregnant Mormons

Isn't that a wonderful verse from the Psalms? I love that allegory of arrows and a full quiver!

Honestly, if my circumstances had been different, I think I would have had at least a half dozen kids. My poor lonely little girl yearns for sisters and brothers; with her older brother 15 years her senior it's really hard for them to have a relationship.

2nd Jul, 2008 - 9:19pm / Post ID: #

Not Or Pregnant Mormons

Well, hopefully if you find a good man to marry you can adopt a child. smile.gif

3rd Jul, 2008 - 1:04pm / Post ID: #

Mormons: Pregnant Again Or Not?

Or maybe he'll already have children that we can "blend" into one family. But that's a stretch. I've wanted to adopt a child for several years, just don't find myself in the right situation for it.

I always enjoyed being pregnant, and had relatively fast healing after the kids were born. I feel too old to have more babies, but it would still be great to have more kids.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
5th Aug, 2008 - 1:15am / Post ID: #

Mormons Pregnant Or Not - Page 6

This is just a personal opinion, but to me having more children only amplifies the situation that is currently there. If a family is happy and getting along, more children will increase that happiness. If the Family is miserable then another child amplifies that unhappiness(I am not blaming the child, but I am putting responsibility on the parent).

The truth is however, that if I had stated " I will not have children until I can better afford to have Children, or until the circumstances are better." I would not have the boys I have now. We were struggling terribly when we had our first, barely getting by on my meager check I got as a Nurses Aid in a nursing home. We were Happy though and we had a strong spiritual base to start our Family on.

I heard this talk recently, though it was given in 2004. It made me think about the personal anxiety I was having looking at this terribly uncertain world, and having to raise my children it. I believe it is pertinent in this discussion.

Terror, Triumph, and the Wedding Feast Jeffrey R. Holland was a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of

I have even heard sweethearts say, "We don't know whether we should get married in such uncertain times."
Worst of all, I have heard reports of some newlyweds questioning whether they should bring children into a terror-filled world on the brink of latter-day cataclysms. May I tell you that, in a way, those kinds of attitudes worry me more than Al-Qaeda worries me...
First, we must never, in any age or circumstance, let fear and the father of fear (Satan himself) divert us from our faith and faithful living. There have always been questions about the future. Every young person or every young couple in every era has had to walk by faith into what has always been some uncertainty-starting with Adam and Eve in those first tremulous steps out of the Garden of Eden. But that is all right. This is the plan. It will be okay. Just be faithful. God is in charge. He knows your name and He knows your need.

I think having children is a decision between the Lord and the Couple. I also think our first instinct should be to bring children into the world. More precisely, we should do everything in our power to prepare ourselves to have children.

Children have only increased the Happiness (though not necessarily decreased the Sacrifice) in my Family, and I am grateful I did not place financial circumstances as my primary decision to start a family. It might have never happened otherwise.

I agree with LDS, that it is a matter of faith, yet I cannot disparage those who have few, if any children. I cannot see all of the circumstances why someone would choose not to have children when they have the means and the ability. I do hope that Parents will prayerfully consider the Lord's Will when determining the amount of Children they will have. It seems like one of the most important decision that a Family can make.

7th Aug, 2008 - 1:27am / Post ID: #

Mormons Pregnant Or Not Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 6

Of course it is between the Lord and the couple, however if all is left to a couple you will often find that the easy way is chosen regardless of receiving 'an answer'. In recent years (well maybe it is not recent, but I am a young father) I am most amazed at the consistent disfavor shown towards children and having children or even the prospect of having children. It exists in the world, but it is sad to see it so much in the Church. I do not know how it is for you guys in the North, but down here people in the Church who have more than three children are considered needing 'a talking to'.

Rather off topic, but...
It is interesting that highlights in the world like Brad Pitt and Jolie actually choose to keep having children despite so much activity. I wonder if they have any impact on a world set against it.

> TOPIC: Mormons: Pregnant Again Or Not?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,