Mormons: Pregnant Again Or Not? - Page 7 of 16

He is implying that if you set a number then - Page 7 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 3rd Jan, 2009 - 2:16am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 16 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  ...Latest (16) »
Mormon Contraceptives
Birth control, condoms, etc. Controversial Mormon Issue.
7th Aug, 2008 - 3:41am / Post ID: #

Mormons: Pregnant Again Or Not? - Page 7

QUOTE (JB @ 6-Aug 08, 9:27 PM)
however if all is left to a couple you will often find that the easy way is chosen regardless of receiving 'an answer'.

What is the "easy" way? Not to have children you mean?

I think most couples forget the part that says to consult with the Lord and they just rely in their own thoughts and insecurities.

Sponsored Links:
7th Aug, 2008 - 3:49am / Post ID: #

Not Or Pregnant Mormons

Of course, not having children is always seen as the easier route because another addition to the family is often looked upon in a negative way rather than positive, reaping blessings and benefits.

7th Aug, 2008 - 5:03am / Post ID: #

Mormons: Pregnant Again Or Not? Studies Doctrine Mormon

As I read once in another site. The main reason people don't want more children is selfishness. Kids don't allow you to be selfish. More kids you have, less time for yourself. Whether is fun, entertaining or even work more kids take all that time and more and very few people are willing to deal with that.

My clock is "ticking" and I would like three more, but if age was not a problem I would surely have a super size family of 12 children!

Too bad that men (husbands) have a say on all this as well. sneaky.gif

20th Sep, 2008 - 12:37am / Post ID: #

Page 7 Not Or Pregnant Mormons

The other genuine reason is that you may not want to bring those children into an environment to suffer.

3rd Jan, 2009 - 1:24am / Post ID: #

Not Or Pregnant Mormons

I found the following quote from April 1995 General Conference, Elder J. Ballard Washburn said:

"Thus we see that in marriage, a husband and wife enter into an order of the priesthood called the new and everlasting covenant of marriage. This covenant includes a willingness to have children and to teach them the gospel. Many problems of the world today are brought about when parents do not accept the responsibilities of this covenant. It is contradictory to this covenant to prevent the birth of children if the parents are in good health.

Thirty-five years ago when I first started practicing medicine, it was a rare thing for a married woman to seek advice about how she could keep from having babies. When I finished practicing medicine, it was a rare thing, except for some faithful Latter-day Saint women, for a married woman to want to have more than one or two children, and some did not want any children. We in the Church must not be caught up in the false doctrines of the world that would cause us to break sacred temple covenants."

So is this quote saying that if we use a form of birth control we are breaking the covenants we have made in the Temple?

3rd Jan, 2009 - 1:52am / Post ID: #

Mormons: Pregnant Again Or Not?

I do not believe so. I believe what he is saying is that those who put off having children because of worldly trends is giving up the responsibility to have children. I see no where that it says that children should not come into the world through planning and preparation.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
3rd Jan, 2009 - 2:01am / Post ID: #

Mormons Pregnant Or Not - Page 7

But he says:

"When I finished practicing medicine, it was a rare thing, except for some faithful Latter-day Saint women, for a married woman to want to have more than one or two children, and some did not want any children. We in the Church must not be caught up in the false doctrines of the world that would cause us to break sacred temple covenants."

He is clearly talking about those who do not want any AND those who only want one or two. Then he talks about breaking temple covenants.

3rd Jan, 2009 - 2:16am / Post ID: #

Mormons Pregnant Or Not Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 7

He is implying that if you set a number then you are at fault.

He is not implying that if you plan to have children and prepare to do so you are at fault.

If it were the letter of the law then Sisters would have a baby and then be pregnant again a couple of months after.

> TOPIC: Mormons: Pregnant Again Or Not?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,