Mormons: Pregnant Again Or Not? - Page 10 of 16

This Thread seems to be drifting. This Thread - Page 10 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 3rd Jul, 2009 - 1:01pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 16 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  ...Latest (16) »
Mormon Contraceptives
Birth control, condoms, etc. Controversial Mormon Issue.
27th Feb, 2009 - 8:07pm / Post ID: #

Mormons: Pregnant Again Or Not? - Page 10

Sounds like you're experiencing stress. I think is all natural, specially when you have them very close but I am sure in few years you may change your mind. wink.gif I agree, is a decision that a couple should seriously consider.

Sponsored Links:
7th Apr, 2009 - 6:36pm / Post ID: #

Not Or Pregnant Mormons

It seems like Elder Oaks opened a can of worms when he said the following in General Conference, I really don't know what is the big deal about it because is true, some people DO choose pets over having children.

"Dogs are less trouble, they declared. Dogs don't talk back and we never have to ground them," Oaks said of the couple's reasoning. He went on to say that many LDS couples are among that "unselfish group who are willing to surrender their personal priorities and serve the Lord by bearing and rearing the children our Heavenly Father sends to their care."

7th Apr, 2009 - 10:20pm / Post ID: #

Mormons: Pregnant Again Or Not? Studies Doctrine Mormon

I have a great (as in the brother of my Grandpa) aunt and uncle who, I believe, love their dogs more then their children. It seems that they want my children to equate them as cousins or something. Its kind of annoying.

I think the only people who get offended at the observation by Elder Oak's are people who treat animals better then humans. He was saying in essence that animal relationships can never substitute for relationships with people. I do not think he was implying that to love animals is wrong, but I do feel that he is stating that substituting animals for children will always be less desirable then having children.
I believe this is sound doctrine, and makes sense.

One of the disturbing parts of the article makes me think it was about time that an apostle said something concerning this subject.

Michael Schaffer stated

The humanification of pets has been a long time coming.

I really hope not. It is societal suicide to substitute children with pets.

It seems odd that there are people who equate Parent-Child relationships with adult-dog relationships. It is a societal sin in my opinion to do so.

I think I am rambling but this has always bugged me.

Rather off topic, but...

I like dogs so this is not a rant against them, but I will never equate an animal with my children. It blows my mind that anyone else would.

8th Apr, 2009 - 2:02am / Post ID: #

Page 10 Not Or Pregnant Mormons

If we are talking Members then I can see how many can feel other things like education, pets, career and so forth are more important than having children. I know because there seems to be a watered down approach to what is favored in the Gospel and exceptions are always highlighted. One message given in Conference, one from the scriptures, one from the starting modern Prophets and one from local leaders. Each one essentially not totally clear because sometimes each contradicts each other.

3rd May, 2009 - 4:32pm / Post ID: #

Not Or Pregnant Mormons

In America there is a woman that was impregnated with 8 babies, even though she already had 6 children, I strongly feel that both she and the doctor that fertilized her, should go to jail. I have come to find out that she is single, and has NO JOB! The woman's mother even said that she is obsessed with having A LOT of children.

I, as a taxpayer should NOT be forced to pay for this, clearly unstable, woman's bills. On a side note:

I haven't read every post, but one thing that concerns me, is that, the posts that I have read, says for a couple to talk to each other but doesn't say for them to talk to their Bishop. I do agree that it is a personal decision, yet I also feel that it is a major one that should be talked about with your Bishop.

Reconcile Edited: haleray on 3rd May, 2009 - 4:34pm

3rd May, 2009 - 5:19pm / Post ID: #

Mormons: Pregnant Again Or Not?

QUOTE (haleray @ 3-May 09, 12:32 PM)
I haven't read every post, but one thing that concerns me, is that, the posts that I have read, says for a couple to talk to each other but doesn't say for them to talk to their Bishop. I do agree that it is a personal decision, yet I also feel that it is a major one that should be talked about with your Bishop.

I do not understand. Why they should talk with the Bishop if both agree in the issue at hand? I could understand if one does not want to use birth control and the other one does and is conflicting the marriage. Other than that, the Handbook of Instructions is clear: It is a decision of the couple who should prayerfully take it to the Lord. Bishops no longer interfere of what goes on inside the bedroom (as it was in the past) unless abuse is taking place.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 3rd Jul, 2009 - 12:56pm / Post ID: #

Mormons: Pregnant Again Or Not?
A Friend

Mormons Pregnant Or Not - Page 10

I, as a taxpayer should NOT be forced to pay for this, clearly unstable, woman's bills.

Yeah, it was a weird situation. This statement (in the quote above) has been repeated over and over by several people. I strongly disagree with it because it is being presented as if only ONE PERSON is taking care of the entire expense ! ! !

True, it may have been an unresponsible desicion on the mom's side; but, why would we condemn her kids for something they didn't do, saying: " I should not be forced to pay for her bills".

Personally, I have no problem with a fraction of my tax money going towards helping these childred being raised, fed, educated etc. Including helping their mom, because she would obviously need help aswell. I wouldn't mind it, because the fraction of my tax money used to help them, is a whole lot less than what I spend buying junk food for myself.
Her expense is not being paid by a single person. And even if there are thousands of cases like her's. I still don't mind it because it is not the children's fault.

Plus, If any of these children turn-out to be successful people (doctors, lawyers, or whatever), it would be my pleasure to know that I contributed with a fraction of their success, and all the good that they will do to others.
On the other hand, if they don't turn-out to be successful people. It will still be a pleasure to know that I tried "with a fraction" in the attempt to make them successful.

To me, that feeling is much better than whatever feeling may come from:
I, as a taxpayer should NOT be forced to pay for this, clearly unstable, woman's bills.

3rd Jul, 2009 - 1:01pm / Post ID: #

Mormons Pregnant Or Not Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 10

This Thread seems to be drifting. This Thread is not about whether tax money should go towards raising of children that are not yours. Let me repeat the first Post in this Thread:

Pregnant Again Or Not?

In times past things like condoms, protection and pills were an abomination to the Brethren, now the stance of the Church is... Each couple have to take it to the Lord in prayer. This is most likely because of the many countries, economic situations and even laws that govern the raising of children are so different. However, we have been given a commandment to multiply and replenish the earth... Anything that stops the procreative process in an LDS family is shone as being from the devil... What is your view?

> TOPIC: Mormons: Pregnant Again Or Not?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,