Mormons: Pregnant Again Or Not? - Page 12 of 16

Agreed. Take my mom for instance. When she - Page 12 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 6th Apr, 2014 - 6:48pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 16 pgs.  8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 
Mormon Contraceptives
Birth control, condoms, etc. Controversial Mormon Issue.
6th Dec, 2009 - 3:18am / Post ID: #

Mormons: Pregnant Again Or Not? - Page 12

I just finished watching America's Most Wanted and they had this Horrible Case of a couple with their own biological kids AND 6 kids they have adopted from Guatemala. These children went through the MOST horrendous abuse you could possible imagine, none of them was fed properly and they could not even talk. I cried during the whole segment and the first thing that came to my mind was if the words of Brigham Young concerning welcoming more spirits into our homes so they will have a chance to be loved and cared for and not end up in situation of abuse is important to take into consideration.

I think it is, my heart aches seeing children being abused in the most horrific manners. I know I am not a perfect mom but I know that any children the Lord may want to send my way, I will try my best to love and care for and most of all, protect!

Sponsored Links:
24th Nov, 2010 - 12:55am / Post ID: #

Not Or Pregnant Mormons

We have three children. Each one has special needs - ADHD / Autism. We go through considerable stress each day to the point of mental and physical deterioration at times. Am I going to have more children - no. Am I going to use protection to ensure I do not have more children - yes. Sad but true.

8th Jul, 2012 - 2:08pm / Post ID: #

Mormons: Pregnant Again Or Not? Studies Doctrine Mormon

I think being reasonable here is a necessity. I agree with you JB, its a very difficult situation and I cannot even begin to imagine what you go through, having more children will not be a positive things, but you know what... I do know some people who will! They seem happy about it but I'm not sure if it is just a show and they are really aching inside but in the end I cannot judge it. What I do is what works for one family does not necessarily work for another. One size does not fit all so if not having more children suits you because of your needs, finances or whatever then that's it... No one's business.

Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2013 - 1:29pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 12 Not Or Pregnant Mormons

Mormon Channel videos discuss when and why to have children (+video)

The timing for starting a family is different for everybody. The Mormon Channel's new videos tackle this topic. Ref. Source 2

2nd Apr, 2014 - 10:19pm / Post ID: #

Not Or Pregnant Mormons

This topic, birth control among married couples in the church has come up many times. Here is a quote on it:

international QUOTE
"Strip-mining scars the landscape, causes floods, and leaves an economic emptiness which haunts the coming generations. Similarly, unchastity leaves terrible scars, brings floods of tears and anguish, and leaves a moral emptiness. Significantly, both strip-mining and unchastity rest on a life-style which partakes of an "eat, drink, and by merry" philosophy-gouge and grab now without regard to the consequences! Both strip-mining and unchastity violate the spirit of stewardship over our planet and over person. *In such context, birth control pills are not a substitute for discipline. As one author observed, the coming of the pill may simply substitute a "copulation explosion for a population explosion."

Ref. Neal A. Maxwell, For the Power is in Them, p.2-

After reading several quotes of Church leaders (Past and present) with regards to this topic, I have to come to the conclusion that the Church never really changed its position about birth control as some member may think.  Just because the  position now is not "intervene" in intimate matters in a marriage (Mostly due out of the amount of people suing the Church)does not mean the Church continues thinking that Birth Control goes against the Lord's plan and should be avoided.  The recent examples we have are the Proclamation of the Family as well as Sis.  Beck's last talk in General Conference (Which by the way is approved by the First Presidency).

3rd Apr, 2014 - 4:21am / Post ID: #

Mormons: Pregnant Again Or Not?

I agree, birth control is an opportunity to give people more freedom to live a sinful life thinking it's ok, as long as no one gets pregnant.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th Apr, 2014 - 12:48pm / Post ID: #

Mormons Pregnant Or Not - Page 12

Zelph, you made me laugh at how straightforward your answer was. biggrin.gif But it's true. It's more like "I want to have fun without the burden" type of mentality. Having said that, I think in situations where the woman's health is in jeopardy then it needs some sort of control.

6th Apr, 2014 - 6:48pm / Post ID: #

Mormons Pregnant Or Not Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 12

Agreed. Take my mom for instance. When she had my oldest brother she literally died for several hours. After returning, the doctors told her that she was going on Birth control until she's 26 (Legal age for a hysterectomy). She had three boys on birth control the last one (Me) paralyzed her from her neck down. She was determined to walk again. 6 months after I was born she walked out of the hospital.

+  « First of 16 pgs.  8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 

> TOPIC: Mormons: Pregnant Again Or Not?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,