Trinidad State Of Emergency In Crime Hot Spots - Page 7 of 18

Acting Commissioner of Police Stephen Williams - Page 7 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 23rd Aug, 2011 - 7:10pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 18 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  ...Latest (18) »
State Of Emergency in Trinidad Trinidad & Tobago State of Emergency And Curfew - How will this affect law abiding citizens? Who will be able to move around, what are the specific areas that have been affected? Will this solve the violent upsurge in crime throughout Trinidad and Tobago or will we start to see more of these being required? What are your views?
Trinidad State Of Emergency In Crime Hot Spots Related Information to Trinidad State Of Emergency In Crime Hot Spots
Make sure to also visit: Crime TTCrime.com
Post Date: 23rd Aug, 2011 - 12:36pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad State Of Emergency In Crime Hot Spots - Page 7

Name: Alit

Title: Curfew

Comments: they should put more strain down Cedros that is were every thing comes in people. Trinidad police it is time please pm put more eyes in Cedros.

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: Before submitting your comments please use good grammar - no net talk or slang, check your spelling and remember that names of places and people begin with an uppercase letter.

Sponsored Links:
23rd Aug, 2011 - 1:26pm / Post ID: #

Spots Hot Crime Emergency State Trinidad

I agree with Alit, what about Penal? There is a lot of crime going on there. What about Curepe? My goodness that area is pretty bad, I was very surprised they didn't include it in the hot spot crime list.

23rd Aug, 2011 - 1:27pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad State Of Emergency In Crime Hot Spots Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

For those criminals who may think this is a joke, the police ain't joking. Two bandits killed yesterday in Arima....this is a message that the police force/army out there isn't going to put up with crap.

international QUOTE
HOURS after Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar announced a limited State of Emergency in effect in crime hotspots, police shot and killed two of three armed bandits in Arima yesterday.

Northern Division officers yesterday described the actions of the bandits as total disregard for the rule of law since the incident occurred a stone's throw away from the Arima Police Station.

Police said they recovered two high-powered rifles and a Glock .45 pistol from the dead men. A third suspect, who attempted to disguise himself as an employee of Goodwood Racing Service, was subsequently detained by police.

The guns recovered are a Glock 21 Astra .45 pistol loaded with 20 rounds of .45 ammunition; a Fabrique National SLR 7.62 rifle loaded with 20 live rounds of 7.62 ammunition; and a M&P 15 5.56 rifle with three magazines containing 105 rounds of 5.56 ammunition. Source 5

23rd Aug, 2011 - 1:40pm / Post ID: #

Page 7 Spots Hot Crime Emergency State Trinidad

I would like to know how those who had to traveled made it yesterday since it was the first day. I heard the police saw a lot of cars but didn't detain any I guess they forgave them because it was the first day plus the issue with flooding in Trincity.

23rd Aug, 2011 - 5:36pm / Post ID: #

Spots Hot Crime Emergency State Trinidad

Here in Westmoorings, everything was as usual yesterday. I know we're not part of the list but I heard other areas were very quiet but here everything was the same.

Post Date: 23rd Aug, 2011 - 6:30pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad State Of Emergency In Crime Hot Spots

Name: Shelly

Comments: For those who were wondering yesterday if the power of the police and army applies only to those crime hot spots, let me remind you that their power applies to the ENTIRE nation. So basically, they can search your home at anytime without a warrant (hot spot area or not).

Source: Minister of National Security said it applies to the entire country.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 23rd Aug, 2011 - 6:36pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad State Emergency Crime Hot Spots - Page 7

The Minister of National Security gave a few key points about the limited state of emergency and curfew.

international QUOTE
Minister of National Security Brigadier John Sandy reminded citizens Trinidad and Tobago was under a State of Emergency and the powers given to the police and army exists in the entire country;  there are specific areas under a curfew between 9 pm to 5 am;

"¢ Attorney General Anand Ramlogan says it is premature at this time to say if the State of Emergency will be extended and if so by how long;

"¢ Attorney General Anand Ramlogan says the State of Emergency can be extended for a period of up to six months but Government will have to do so in the House of Representatives; If there is a desire to extend it further, Government must get a three fifths majority support from both Houses of Parliament.

Independence fireworks have been cancelled, but the Independence Parade will proceed as normal.

Ref: Source 3

23rd Aug, 2011 - 7:10pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad State Emergency Crime Hot Spots Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 7

Acting Commissioner of Police Stephen Williams said there was no incidents of violence yesterday hopefully everything will remain calm to which I wonder, what will happen after the state of emergency is over?

> TOPIC: Trinidad State Of Emergency In Crime Hot Spots

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,