Ironing, Is It A Lost Art? - Page 2 of 2

I have to be in the right mood to iron. I - Page 2 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 11th Jul, 2006 - 7:24pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 13th Jul, 2004 - 4:24am / Post ID: #

Ironing, Is It A Lost Art?
A Friend

Ironing, Is It A Lost Art? - Page 2

QUOTE (malexander @ 11-Jul 04, 7:31 PM)
Otherwise, the dryer does a nice job of getting those smaller wrinkles out.

Do you use the dryer to just unwrinkle one or two items? I use to, until I had to really conserve on my bills. It costs more to use the dryer than to use the iron. laugh.gif

Besides I don't mind ironing ~ I like the smell of the clothes, the feeling I get when the wrinkles come out, the satisfaction that I accomplished all that ironing.

fugi wrote:
One nightmare I remember from childhood was this old steam presser we had.

Oh man, we had a neighbor who had one. My brother burnt his arm on it and all of us kids were forbidden to ever get near it again. I loved to watch them use it. Oh and the wrinkles it left were pretty much permanent too!

Though I much prefer the electric irons to the old cast iron ones that you heated up on the wood stove. Yep, I've used them too. What a pain, talk about leaving iron marks. But remember clothes back then were not blends.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 25th Aug, 2005 - 10:10pm / Post ID: #

Ironing, Is It A Lost Art?
A Friend

Art Lost It Ironing

I've been ironing since I was about 7 yrs. of age, and still do to this day.
I "hate" seeing wrinkles in clothing, or other house wares such as,
bed sheets, pillow cases, dish towels, etc...
When each of my girls moved out on there own, I had bought them an ironing
board and an iron, but I see one of my daughter's still hasn't used hers yet.
The iron's still in the box it came in, and the iron board still has the protective
plastic wrap around it..
It drives me nuts when I see my son-in-law wearing a wrinkled shirt,
because my daughter didn't find the time to iron it.
Oh well, at least they all have an iron and ironing board,
just in case if they feel the need to ironing something one of these days.

26th Aug, 2005 - 3:47pm / Post ID: #

Ironing, Is It A Lost Art? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I do enjoy ironing in moderation, but I have trouble standing there, ironing an entire basket of laundry. My shirt for Church on Sunday is always ironed, and I will iron pants and some other articles as well. However, I am not obsessed like my grandmother. She presses her sheets, pillowcases, etc. I figure that the first time I get into bed, the sheets will be wrinkled anyway. Not worth the time.

11th Jul, 2006 - 7:24pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Art Lost It Ironing

I have to be in the right mood to iron. I can just start to randomly iron at midnight some nights, because I never let it get in the way of watching my favorite tv programmes laugh.gif

As a general, I do believe that less people are ironing these days, because half the ironing can be cut out on certain items if they are folded straight away after coming out of a tumble dryer.

The last tumble dryer that we had, let 90% of items dry with no need at all to iron. Unfortunately it eventually broke, and although we bought the same brand replacement, this one only salvages one or two items, the rest definitely needs ironing!

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Ironing, Is It A Lost Art?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,