Play By Post D&D Beyond The Veil Game Thread

Play Post D Veil Game Thread - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 26th Aug, 2011 - 1:06pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

23rd April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (7) »
Closed
Felthalas as Dungeon Master - Campaign Dungeons and Dragons
23rd Aug, 2011 - 4:08pm / Post ID: #

You arrive at the massive gate of Morcia's Keep.

Morcia's Keep is a port town boasting a vast navy and is walled on all sides by thick granite walls that reach 30 feet. Heavily guarded and heavily fortified it is no wonder this city has resisted enslavement.

To the north of the great gate lies a marketplace, blacksmith, and armor/weaposmith.

To the south there is the royal palace, militia headquarters, university complex (including a wing dedicated to arcane training), grand port, and chamber of commerce.

To the west there are additional shops (including an apothecary & a bath house/massage parlor) and a 3 story inn with a tavern aptly named "The Glowing Hearth."

To the east lies the peasant quarter and a Chapel dedicated to Tython (god of honor & bravery).

A sign post at the main entrance reads: "Men of arms and all brave souls. The situation is dire and your assistance is needed. Throal, our partners in commerce to the east, is under siege. Those of able body and mind wishing to join the militia must register with Lord Benton. Your assistance shall be greatly rewarded."

Sponsored Links:
25th Aug, 2011 - 2:31am / Post ID: #

Thread Game Veil The Dragons and Dungeons Post Play

Krusten enters the chapel and looks for someone that looks knowledgeable. She is not well with words so she simply says, "I am looking for Lord Benton where can I find him?"

25th Aug, 2011 - 3:25am / Post ID: #

Play By Post D&D Beyond The Veil Game Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Krusten notices a tall elven cleric staring up at an ornately cast stain glass window. As she approaches he turns to her and smiles.

Krusten remarks that she seeks Lord Benton.

The elf replies, "You must be another adventurer come to combat the evil brewing in the east. Lord Benton can be found in the militia headquarters near main gate. But where are my manners, my name is Elebrin, high priest of Tython, my greetings to you madame."

25th Aug, 2011 - 1:08pm / Post ID: #

Krusten has always been the shy type so she curtsies and then says softly, "I'm Krusten... Good day". She then follows the directions she received to find Lord Benton and present herself as a new recruit to the cause.

25th Aug, 2011 - 1:40pm / Post ID: #

Upon entering the militia complex, Krusten is assaulted by a flood of activity. An armor-clad guard carries a sealed document to a man dressed in noble finery sitting at an ornate wooden desk in a room directly across from the entrance, two dwarves sitting at table laugh boisterously while crudely shoveling venison into their mouths, and two men in crude armor spar against each other with wooden swords.

Standing in the main foyer, a guard approaches you and introduces himself saying "I am the steward here, if there's anything you need don't hesitate to ask. Please wait here for Lord Benton. He is attending to urgent business and will see you shortly."

You notice a robed individual sitting alone in a corner. From the shadows, his piercing eyes stare deep into your soul.

Reconcile Edited: Felthalas on 25th Aug, 2011 - 1:44pm

25th Aug, 2011 - 2:47pm / Post ID: #

Krusten feels intimidated by the stare of the robed man but she does not approach him because she has always tried avoiding any appearance of bad luck. She instead looks for her own shadows in the crowd and attempts to lose herself until she can make out what the robed man and this place is all about.

Rather off topic, but...
Hope you don't mind Krusten taking a shy roll. She does not have much wisdom or intelligence so she is not likely to be talkative, then too she isn't the most upstanding class character either.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
26th Aug, 2011 - 3:17am / Post ID: #

Play Post D&D The Veil Game Thread

Krusten finds an empty seat in a corner and patiently waits for her meeting. As she is waiting she is approached by the militia's steward. He lays a rolled piece of parchment before her and says "it appears this is for you my lady."

She unfurls the parchment and notices that it appears to be blank. Just as she begins to look up in confusion, faint tracings of letters begin to appear.

Focusing more closely Krusten makes out the following message:

"You need not fear me. I only wish to speak with you. There are curious matters that I feel I must discuss with you."

Krusten looks up and notices the robed figure smile at her motioning her toward an empty seat across from him.

Rather off topic, but...
No worries. You should feel free to role play your character however best you imagine she would react in such a situation and realistically I imagine anyone would react as your character has.

Reconcile Edited: Felthalas on 26th Aug, 2011 - 3:32am

26th Aug, 2011 - 1:06pm / Post ID: #

Play Post D&D The Veil Game Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive

Krusten squints her eyes to see if she is seeing right. She looks at the man carefully to see if there is anything about him that should make her concerned. She does not walk directly to him but zig-zags to hopefully surprise him at his side. She says nothing but her hand is on her dagger in case it is not a favorable meeting.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (7) »

> TOPIC: Play By Post D&D Beyond The Veil Game Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.