Play By Post D&D Beyond The Veil Party Thread

Play Post D Veil Party Thread - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 25th Aug, 2011 - 12:14pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

23rd April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric

+  1 2 3 
Felthalas as Dungeon Master - This is a support thread. Ask questions here. Dungeons and Dragons
23rd Aug, 2011 - 4:14pm / Post ID: #

This is where party members can exchange information relevant to the game, but out of character. For instance, if a participant wishes to include additional information about his or her character that does not include specific actions within game, this would be the thread to post to.

This is also the site where party members can ask each other as well as the GM questions.

Sponsored Links:
23rd Aug, 2011 - 5:12pm / Post ID: #

Thread Party Veil The Dragons and Dungeons Post Play

All of a sudden there are more games to join. wink.gif I'll bite in this one too if you don't mind. I don't plan to mess with magic but just wanted to know which rules you will be playing with for D&D and can I be any class?

24th Aug, 2011 - 11:26am / Post ID: #

Play By Post D&D Beyond The Veil Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Greetings Krusten,

I plan to use 3.5 rules with a few changes here and there. You may choose any class or race you wish. Also, I'm trying to work in allowing prestige classes as well (this will be further down the road however). Your character should begin at level 1.

By the way when you draw up your character, be sure to include in your post your choice in an enhancement bonus for your "Impart Essence" feat and which item in your inventory it applies to unless you choose to be a monk in which case I will need to know your choice for the "Enhance Essence" feat.

24th Aug, 2011 - 12:46pm / Post ID: #

I use the generator they have here is the Enhance Essence" feat part of that or is it something I have to look for? Sorry I'm not a D&D expert like you guys I'm more into the role-play than all the dice rolls needed and rules.

24th Aug, 2011 - 1:54pm / Post ID: #

Yes, you can create your character using the built in generator. Source 1 I believe.

The bonus feat "Impart Essence" or "Enhance Essence" (if your character is a monk) is more of an in house feature unique to this campaign. This is something you as a player will come up with on your own. When you post your character for approval, you should include a small blurb describing the item or enhancement and any special characteristics I should know.

Your character can choose any mundane magical ability and apply it to an item in your inventory unless your character is monk in which case it applies to your physical body.

I've included a list of possible enhancements to give you an idea of what I'm looking for. Bear in mind your choices are not limited to what's listed below. I'll accept nearly anything as long as it doesn't overpower your character.

Here are some ideas of what enhancements are available to you:

*Flaming (+1d4 fire dmg)
[* bonus die must be rolled along with each attack roll to determine potency.]

*Frost Coating (+1d4 frost dmg)
[* bonus die must be rolled along with each attack roll to determine potency.]

detect magic (10' radius)

see invisibility (10' radius)

comprehend languages

+1d2 attribute bonus [a permanent bonus as long as the item is held or worn (permanent bonus if you're a monk)]

chameleon power (applies concealment bonus)

command minor undead (up to 3d8 hit die)

minor shape change (if your character's size is medium, only humanoid and creatures of medium size)

levitate (2d4 rounds)

regeneration (+1d4 hp per round)

+2 AC bonus

Reconcile Edited: Felthalas on 24th Aug, 2011 - 2:06pm

24th Aug, 2011 - 8:31pm / Post ID: #

I decided on a thief / rogue. I do not know all the rolls for feats and special abilities or if I need to check for traps in advance what to do so I hope you can let me know what I need to roll when its time. Thank you!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
25th Aug, 2011 - 12:29am / Post ID: #

Play Post D&D The Veil Party Thread

Not to worry, I'll be sure to let you know within game when to make skill checks to disable traps and such.

As a side note: if you're not sure which die your character should roll, a good rule of thumb for D&D 3.5 rules is "when in doubt, roll a d20."

That being said, you can always ask out of character for anything you're not certain about.

25th Aug, 2011 - 12:14pm / Post ID: #

Play Post D&D The Veil Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive

I'd be interested in this game and while my first idea was to port my character from Knortan's game, I have some other concepts.

If it's alright and you'd allow a comedic component, could I play a Dashing Swordsman (not allowed to post link yet, so search for it on [..] ) or a Bard who progresses to such?

For a more serious tone, if it's inline with your universe, I'd like to try a psion. In this case would he have an "Impart essence" or an "Enhance essence"?

If you allow neither I'll just port over my ranger.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Play By Post D&D Beyond The Veil Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.