The Mormon Endowment - Page 3 of 9

I have read this thread with interest. I have - Page 3 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 12th Apr, 2004 - 5:55pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (9) »
9th Apr, 2004 - 10:07pm / Post ID: #

The Mormon Endowment - Page 3

Those of you who do have access to the Temple should take the opportunity to find out more about this... I have never had a problem getting information (doctrinal) if I asked the right person. Sometime I will be very quiet and observe... then I approach the person I feel will impart substance... most of the time I am right. Check an 'older' head.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Apr, 2004 - 10:49pm / Post ID: #

The Mormon Endowment
A Friend

Endowment Mormon The

OK, I did some searching on the web and found an incredible site on the temple endowment. There is an online book on the temple and how to understand the deeper meanings. Check it out.

NOTE:
The link below is NOT an offical resource and may contain information that is against LDS Doctrine or take light of sacred events. Source 2

9th Apr, 2004 - 11:01pm / Post ID: #

The Mormon Endowment Studies Doctrine Mormon

I am concerned about the placing of external links (which seems to happen nearly on every post) on these LDS boards without regards for the rules set forth on the READ ME thread. Yes, this is a secluded board, but we do not want to lead anyone astray nor do we want to encourage anyone in sarcasm of sacred events that may not have even happened in their life yet. Let us take for example the link you provided... it has some good information, but also some bad/misleading info and suppose I was not endowed yet? I am not saying a member or anyone else for that matter cannot find this info available from the net, but I do not think we ought to be party to it without FIRST explaining links and their backgrounds so users can be prepared. Links to external sites should be for reference only and not the main basis for any post. In most cases it is better to get the good and then fill us in... if members so desire then they can pursue the referenced link. Thanks.

Post Date: 10th Apr, 2004 - 5:07am / Post ID: #

The Mormon Endowment
A Friend

Page 3 Endowment Mormon The

Oops, sorry. There was so much info available there i thought I'd share the link. From the little i read, it appeared to be a good explanation of the temple without divulging anything that is not to be shared.

11th Apr, 2004 - 12:14am / Post ID: #

Endowment Mormon The

I understand you Gaucho, the link in itself is not a problem, I just want us to be clear to members who may not be strong of faith so we do not lead them astray.

without divulging anything that is not to be shared.

Well after a few clicks I started seeing images of God that I knew were not LDS and the way they described the old endowment was almost in comical fashion, probably you did not click where I did *shrugs*.

Back to the topic. For those of you who do not know... The scriptures in the Pearl of Great Price, namely facsimile no. 2 actually words and shows an important aspect of the endowment (see fig. 7 & 8). Now what is left unknown is fig. 9, & 10, but look at the challenge of fig. 11. The reason I said 'for those of you who do not know' was to point out that I did not even notice this really until it was pointed out by one of my companions on my mission, it thought me a lesson to read the fine print wink.gif

The Mormon Endowment
The Mormon Endowment (Hover)

11th Apr, 2004 - 12:18pm / Post ID: #

The Mormon Endowment

I don't see it. Could you explain, please (private email, if you wish).

Thanks.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
11th Apr, 2004 - 4:58pm / Post ID: #

The Mormon Endowment - Page 3

Nighthawk, sent it to you via Email. You should recognize the blue and red. The green I have highlighted as a means to show the signs being given. I share this only with people that I know have been endowed. Hope that helps.

12th Apr, 2004 - 5:55pm / Post ID: #

The Mormon Endowment Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 3

I have read this thread with interest. I have a few comments. Nighthawk mentions the temple worker who said we shouldn't talk in the Celestial Room. Perhaps she meant as a worker. The temple worker in the Celestial Room isn't there to answer questions. That person doesn't necessarily have any more knowledge than you. I worked for a year in the Temple so I know this to be true.

I do know that you are not allowed to drop to your knees in prayer. If you do, the worker is supposed to ask you to stop. It is o.k. to pray by yourself, but from the kneeling position. I don't remember 100% why, but I think it has to do with the atmosphere the room is supposed to convey and the possible distraction to others. Mostly the Celestial Room is supposed to be a place for quiet reflection.

Like JB said, I have always been told the Celestial Room was the only place appropriate to ask certain questions or discuss the endowment. I think it is just not discussed with a temple worker. You can discuss with any of your friends that have attended with you. The problem I see with approaching a stranger to discuss things is you may disturb their personal sanctity or the experience which they are trying to attain. Also, it is possible they are older, but not necessarily wiser.

Reconcile Edited: tenaheff on 12th Apr, 2004 - 5:57pm

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (9) »

> TOPIC: The Mormon Endowment

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,