Woman Performs Own Caesarean To Save Baby

Woman Performs Caesarean Save Baby - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 8th Apr, 2004 - 1:43am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

7th Apr, 2004 - 2:28am / Post ID: #

Woman Performs Own Caesarean To Save Baby

From CNN:

(Reuters) -- A pregnant woman in Mexico gave birth to a healthy baby boy after performing a caesarean section on herself with a kitchen knife, doctors said on Tuesday.

It is thought to be the first known case of a self-inflicted caesarean in which both the mother and baby survived.

The unidentified 40-year-old, who lived in a rural area without electricity, running water or sanitation that was an eight-hour drive from the nearest hospital, performed the operation when she could not deliver the baby naturally.

She had lost a previous baby due to labor complications.

"She took three small glasses of hard liquor and, using a kitchen knife, sliced her abdomen in three attempts...and delivered a male infant that breathed immediately and cried," said Dr R.F. Valle, of the Dr Manuel Velasco Suarez Hospital in San Pablo, Mexico....

https://www.cnn.com/2004/HEALTH/04/06/healt...reut/index.html

Sponsored Links:
7th Apr, 2004 - 10:57pm / Post ID: #

Baby Save Caesarean Performs Woman

I would like to meet this woman. What an incredible story. That child is definately loved, wanted and lucky to have the mother he has been given. I don't think I could do this, if it were me.

8th Apr, 2004 - 1:43am / Post ID: #

Woman Performs Own Caesarean To Save Baby Health & Special Psychology

I agree with you Tena. I think also that the fact she lost a baby before because of almost identical circumnstances (she lives too far away from a near hospital) made her to take such decision. What a courageous woman!

> TOPIC: Woman Performs Own Caesarean To Save Baby

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,